Vishal Sehgal, Sukhminder Jit Singh Bajwa, John A. Consalvo and Anurag Bajaj
acute pyelonephritis in the ED: value of procalcitonin in acute pyelonephritis. Am J Emerg Med 2013;31:1092-7.
31. Stucker F, Herrmann F, Graf JD, Michel JP, Krause KH, Gavazzi G. Procalcitonin and infection in elderly patients. J Am Geriatr Soc 2005;53:1392-5.
32. Zhao Y, Li C, Jia Y. Evaluation of the Mortality in Emergency Department Sepsis score combined with procalcitonin in septic patients. Am J Emerg Med 2013;31:1086-91.
33. Jeong SJ, Yoon SS, Han SH, Yong DE, Kim CO, Kim JM. Evaluation of humoral immune response
Gautam Rawal, Raj Kumar, Sankalp Yadav and R Sujana
severe ARDS ( Figure 1 ), with a Murray score of 3.5. Septic profile screening for pneumonia along with a nasopharyngeal swab for reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) H1N1 was sent. She was empirically started on broad-spectrum intravenous antibiotics (Piperacillin-Tazobactum, Clarithromycin), antiviral (Olsetamivir) in suspicion of H1N1 pneumonia and other supportive care. Her blood investigations showed mildly deranged renal functions with serum urea 70 mg/dL (normal range 7–20 mg/dL) and serum creatinine 1.8 mg/dL (normal range 0.5–1.3 mg
prediction scores and kidney-specific scoring models have been developed and validated in the setting of cardiac surgery; however most of these scores fail to predict milder forms of AKI. The currently available risk scores used to predict AKI are often not sensitive or specific enough to identify high-risk individuals, and poorly predict the AKI progression. Recently, the risk stratification of AKI has been evaluated and refined by the use of functional and damage biomarkers. These candidate biomarkers were identified based on the AKI pathophysiology. Creatinine is a
Ingrid Prkacin, Petra Vrdoljak, Gordana Cavric, Damir Vazanic, Petra Pervan and Visnja-Nesek Adam
the Anglo-Scandinavian Cardiac Outcome Trial (ASCOT): a risk score to dentify those at high-risk. Hypertension 2011; 29(10): 2004-2013. doi: 10.1097/HJH.0b013e32834a8a42.
10. Prkacin I, Ozvald I, Cavric G, et al. Importance of urinary NGAL, serum creatinine standardization and estimated glomerular filtration rate in resistant hypertension. Coll Antropol 2013; 37 (3): 821-825.
11. Denolle T, Chamontin B, Doll G, et.al. Management of resistant hypertension: expert consensus statement from the French Society of Hypertension, an
Morteza Qaribi, Ali Abdolrazaghnejad, Reza Shahmirzaei and Abdolghader Pakniyat
renal oxidative stress after coronary angiography more effectively than oral N-acetylcysteine. Heart and vessels 2011; 26(5): 465-472.
11. Safari S, Yousefifard M, Hashemi B, et al. The value of serum creatine kinase in predicting the risk of rhabdomyolysis- induced acute kidney injury: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Clinical and experimental nephrology 2016; 20(2): 153-161.
12. Safari S, Yousefifard M, Hashemi B, et al. The Role of Scoring Systems and Urine Dipstick in Prediction of Rhabdomyolysis- induced Acute Kidney Injury
Xingshun Qi, Hongyu Li, Xiaodong Shao, Zhendong Liang, Xia Zhang, Ji Feng, Hao Lin and Xiaozhong Guo
. Ann Hepatol 2016; 15: 314-25. 10.5604/16652681.1198800 Toshikuni N Takuma Y Tsutsumi M. Management of gastroesophageal varices in cirrhotic patients: current status and future directions Ann Hepatol 2016 15 314 25
3 Peng Y, Qi X, Dai J, Li H, Guo X. Child-Pugh versus MELD score for predicting the in-hospital mortality of acute upper gastrointestinal bleeding in liver cirrhosis. Int J Clin Exp Med 2015; 8: 751-7. Peng Y Qi X Dai J Li H Guo X. Child-Pugh versus MELD score for predicting the in-hospital mortality of acute upper gastrointestinal bleeding in liver
Katerina Markoska, Jelka Masin-Spasovska, Momir Polenakovic and Goce Spasovski
, Vupputuri S, Shoham DA, et al. SCreening for Occult REnal Disease (SCORED): a simple prediction model for chronic kidney disease. Arch Intern Med 2007; 167(4): 374-381.
37. Boulware LE, Jaar BG, Tarver-Carr ME, et al. Screening for proteinuria in US adults: a cost-effectiveness analysis. JAMA 2003; 290(23): 3101-3114.
38. Mischak H, Ioannidis JP, Argiles A, et al. Implementation of proteomic biomarkers: making it work. Eur J Clin Invest 2012; 42(9): 1027-1036.
Xiao-huan Gong, Jin-ming Yu, Yong Mao and Da-yi Hu
prescription rate of PCI among patients with UA was slightly higher than that among patients with NSTE-MI; yet, the differences were not statistically significant ( P > 0.05).
The pretreatment hemorrhagic risk appraisal score of the UA group was lower than that of the NSTE-MI group ( P <0.05). Lower incidence rates ( P < 0.05) were noted for the primary efficacy and safety end points in the UA group than in the NSTE-MI group ( Table 1 ).
Table 1 Comparison between UA and NSTE-MI subjects on medication, PCI, efficacy and safety
Hemorrhagic risk appraisal
Rajesh Mandhwani, Farina M. Hanif, Muhammad Manzoor Ul Haque, Rajesh Kumar Wadhwa, Nasir Hassan Luck and Muhammad Mubarak
Disease (MELD) score ( P = 0.84).
Diagnostic accuracy of PSR and RLAR in the detection of PHG in patients with liver cirrhosis is presented in Tables 2 and 3 , respectively. Sensitivity, specificity, PPV, NPV, and accuracy of PSR were 87.23%, 5.88%, 83.67%, 7.69%, and 74.7%, and those of RLAR were 28.72%, 70.59%, 84.38%, 15.19%, and 35.14%, respectively.
Diagnostic accuracy of platelet count to spleen diameter ratio in the detection of PHG in patients with liver cirrhosis
Platelet count to spleen diameter ratio
Upper GI Endoscopy
baseline evaluation of cohort studies and pre-intervention evaluations of randomized controlled trials) and case–control studies were included in the analysis. The methodological quality of the cross-sectional studies was assessed using an 11-item checklist as recommended by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.[ 16 ] An item received a score of “0” if answered as “NO” or “UNCLEAR”; if answered as “YES,” the item received a score of “1.” The quality of an article was assessed based on the score as follows: low quality = 0−3; moderate quality = 4−7; high quality