American College of Graduate Medical Education, have elevated professionalism as one of six core competencies that must be taught, inculcated, and assessed during undergraduate and graduate medical education. Satisfactory performance is required for graduation and board certification. Another important landmark is the Charter on Professionalism developed and published jointly by the American Board of Internal Medicine Foundation, the American College of Physicians and their European counterparts. Since publication, over 130 medical societies and organizations around the
Raminderjit Kaur, Manpreet Kaur, Rohit Kapoor and Jatinder Singh
Medical Research-India DIABetes (ICMR-INDIAB) study. Diabetologia 54: 3022–3027, 2011.
4. Guariguata L, Whiting DR, Hambleton I, Beagley J, Linnenkamp U, Shaw JE. Global estimates of diabetes prevalence for 2013 and projections for 2035. Diabetes Res Clin Pract 103: 137–149, 2014.
5. Simmons RK, Coleman RL, Price HC et al. Performance of the UK Prospective Diabetes Study risk engine and the Framingham risk equations in estimating cardiovascular disease in the EPIC- Norfolk Cohort. Diabetes Care 32: 708–713, 2009.
6. van Dieren S, Peelen LM
group) [Chinese Experts’ Consensus on Critical Ultrasonography]. Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 2016 55 900 12
12 Nazerian P, Volpicelli G, Gigli C, Becattini C, Papa GF, Grifoni S, et al . Diagnostic Performance of Wells Score Combined With Point-of-care Lung and Venous Ultrasound in Suspected Pulmonary Embolism. Acad Emerg Med 2017; 24: 270-80. 10.1111/acem.13130 Nazerian P Volpicelli G Gigli C Becattini C Papa GF Grifoni S Diagnostic Performance of Wells Score Combined With Point-of-care Lung and Venous Ultrasound in Suspected Pulmonary Embolism Acad Emerg Med 2017 24
Schmidt M, Azoulay E. Having a loved one in the ICU: the forgotten family. Curr Opin Crit Care 2012;18:540-7. 10.1097/MCC.0b013e328357f141 Schmidt M Azoulay E. Having a loved one in the ICU: the forgotten family Curr Opin Crit Care 2012 18 540 7
5 Needham DM, Dinglas VD, Morris PE, Jackson JC, Hough CL, Mendez-Tellez PA, et al . Physical and cognitive performance of patients with acute lung injury 1 year after initial trophic versus full enteral feeding. EDEN trial follow-up. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2013; 188:567-76. 10.1164/rccm.201304-0651OC Needham
Amir Hodzic, Virginie Ribault, Pascale Maragnes, Paul Milliez, Eric Saloux and Fabien Labombarda
, DPB and MBP were expressed in mmHg. For patients with diabetes, diabetes duration (expressed in years) was considered for each individual based on the full-attained age on the first day of insulin therapy.
Fasting blood samples were taken from the diabetic children to analyze HbA 1c , expressed in percentages. HbA 1c was measured by high-performance liquid chromatography (Tosoh Corporation, Tokyo, Japan). This study used the mean quarterly HbA 1c (mmol/mol, %) for the year prior to the study.
Vishal Sehgal, Sukhminder Jit Singh Bajwa, John A. Consalvo and Anurag Bajaj
of malglycemia on clinical outcomes in hospitalized patients with cancer: a review of the literature. Oncol Nurs Forum 2012;39:458-65.
63. Lee JS, Choi HS, Ko YG, Yun DH. Performance of the Geriatric Nutritional Risk Index in predicting 28-day hospital mortality in older adult patients with sepsis. Clin Nutr 2013;32:843-8.
64. Kagansky N, Levy S, Koren-Morag N, Berger D, Knobler H. Hypophosphataemia in old patients is associated with the refeeding syndrome and reduced survival. J Intern Med 2005;257:461-8.
65. Chen J
-related symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, and pain. Although steroids are not the drug of choice, they are part of the treatment and should not be avoided.
Moertel et al . [ 5 ] reported a significant improvement in appetite in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of dexamethasone in 116 patients with advanced GI cancer after 4 weeks, although their weight did not increase. Improvements in depression, appetite, and food consumption also were observed. Strength was insignificantly improved, and performance status and survival were not different
Gianluca Rigatelli, Fabio dell’Avvocata, Beatrice Magro and Stefano Panin
4. Webb G, Gatzoulis MA. Atrial septal defects in the adult: Recent progress and overview. Circulation 2006;114:1645-53.
5. Ayres NA, Miller-Hance W, Fyfe DA, Stevenson JG, Sahn DJ, Young LT, et al; Pediatric Council of the American Society of the Echocardiography. Indications and guidelines for performance of transesophageal echocardiography in the patient with pediatric acquired or congenital heart disease: Report from the task force of the Pediatric Council of the American Society of Echocardiography. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2005