Roman Aleksiewicz, Krzysztof Lutnicki, Marcin Bojarski, Ilona Al-Mutari and Aneta Bocheńska
Doppler US measurement in a healthy population. Radiology 1996, 199, 165–169.
12. Kim S.H.: The usefulness of pulsatile flow detection in measuring resistive index in renal Doppler US. Korean J Radiol 2002, 3, 45–48.
13. Kujawa-Szewieczek A., Kolonko A., Chudek J., Więcek A.: No effect of pretransplantation bilateral nephrectomy on the resistive indices measured in the kidney allograft. Transplant Proc 2014, 46, 2602–2605.
14. Lin G.J., Cher T.W.: Renal vascular resistance in normal children - a color Doppler study. Pediatric Nephrol 1997, 11, 182
Rattanaporn Burimsittichai, Phoonsak Limraksasin, Cameron Paul Hurst and Somrat Charuluxananan
than the surgical pain. Strategies that treat CRBD effectively would improve the quality of recovery for these patients.
Tramadol and ketamine are often used intravenously during anesthesia. Both have been reported to reduce the proportion of patients complaining of postoperative CRBD [ 10 , 12 ]. In previous studies, tramadol was administered at the end of the surgery (percutaneous nephrolithotomy), while ketamine was given after the induction of anesthesia during open nephrectomy. Although both drugs reduced postoperative CRBD, the results might not be
Ileana Teodoru, Iulian Mincu and Gabriela Radulian
Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 68: 677-681, 2013.
6. Afolabi PR, Jahoor F, Gibson NR, Jackson AA. Response of hepatic proteins to the lowering of habitual dietary proteins to the recommended safe level of intake. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 287: E327-E330, 2004.
7. Addis T, Lew W. Diet and death in acute uremia. J Clin Invest 18: 773-775, 1939.
8. Mackay LL, Addis T, Mackay EM. The degree of compensatory renal hypertrophy following unilateral nephrectomy: II. The influence of the protein intake. J Exp Med 67: 515-519, 1938
Danijela Jovanovic, Dragan R. Milovanovic, Nevena Jeremic, Tamara Nikolic, Isidora Stojic, Vladimir Jakovljevic and Natalija Vukovic
the lipid peroxidation process and lipid composition of the rat liver in acute morphine intoxication. Ukr Biokhim Zh 2007; 79: 175-85.
41. Coen M. Metabolic phenotyping applied to pre-clinical and clinical studies of acetaminophen metabolism and hepatotoxicity. Drug Metab Rev 2015; 47: 29-44.
43. Mila-Kierzenkowska C, Woźniak A, Drewa T, Woźniak B, Szpinda M, Krzyżyńska-Malinowska E, Rajewski R. Effects of open versus laparoscopic nephrectomy techniques on oxidative stress markers in patients with renal cell carcinoma. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2013; 2013
Antigony Mistelou, Stamatis S. Papadatos, Chrysavgi Kousi, Evangeli Lampri, Michael Mitsis, Theodoros Vougiouklakis and Vasiliki Galani
. Bult P, Verwiel JMM, Wobbes T, et al. Malignant adenomyoepithelioma of the breast with metastasis in the thyroid gland 12 years after excision of the primary tumor. Case report and review of the literature. Virchows Archiv 2000; 436(2): 158-66.
45. Kihara M, Yokomise H, Yamauchi A. Metastasis of renal cell carcinoma to the thyroid gland 19 years after nephrectomy: a case report. Auris Nasus Larynx 2004; 31(1): 95-100.
46. Valo I, Verri V, Giraud P, et al. Thyroid metastases of an adrenocortical carcinoma 41 years after the diagnosis of the primary tumor
Jiangeng Han, Xin Wang, Zheng Chen, Ning Gao and Chen Wang
-negative bacteria, such as fluoroquinolone ketones. CT is the most effective method for the early diagnosis of emphysema pyelonephritis. According to CT findings, emphysema pyelonephritis is divided into types I and II: type I is considered as the dry type characterized by renal parenchymal necrosis with mottled gas without liquid, while type II is considered as the wet type characterized by the presence of gas in the kidney or perirenal fluid accompanied by a bubble gas or in a collection system. Treatment options have some controversy. In the past, emergency nephrectomy is a
). Indeed, in patients with chronic renal failure, ADMA is considered as a future marker of mortality and cardiovascular disease ( 49 ). SDMA was confirmed as an endogenous marker of renal failure that correlated directly with parameters of renal failure ( 53 , 54 ). After total nephrectomy in a rat model, the circulating level of SDMA increased rapidly in parallel with blood urea nitrogen and creatinine ( 55 ). SDMA can indirectly affect NO synthesis by two mechanisms that depend on interfering with the intracellular uptake of arginine: either by inhibiting renal
S Kinyas, SA Ozal, H Guclu, V Gurlu, H Esgin and H Gurkan
Case 2 . A 33-year-old male patient (who is the first cousin of Case 1) was referred to the retina department. He was operated on because of a CNS hemangioblastoma 3 years earlier ( Figure 4 ). The patient stated that he had vision loss in his left eye after the CNS operation. About 2 weeks earlier, a partial right nephrectomy operation was performed due to RCC ( Figure 5 ).
Preoperative and postoperative magnetic resonance images of the CNS haemangioblastoma (Case 2).
Abdominal computerized tomography image of Case
Marta Szweda, Andrzej Rychlik, Izabella Babińska and Andrzej Pomianowski
11. Carvalho S., Stoll A.L., Priestnall S.L., Suarez-Bonnet A., Rassnick K., Lynch S., Schoepper I., Romanelli G., Buracco P., Atherton M., de Merlo E.M., Lara-Garcia A..: Retrospective evaluation of COX-2 expression, histological and clinical factors as prognostic indicators in dogs with renal cell carcinomas undergoing nephrectomy. Vet Comp Oncol 2017, 15, 1280–1294.
12. Cetin M., Buyukberber S., Demir M., Sari I., Sari I., Deniz K., Eser B., Altuntaz F., Camci C., Ozturk A., Turgut B., Vural O., Unal A.: Overexpression of cyclooxygenase-2 in multiple