Radoš Miković, Aleksandra Knežević, Nenad Milić, Dejan Krnjaić, Marina Radojičić, Ljubiša Veljović, Vesna Milićević, Andrea Zorić, Maja Stanojević and Jakov Nišavić
duplex reverse transcription real-time PCR for the surveillance of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus and porcine circovirus type 2. Journal of Virological Methods 2014, 201:13-19.
16. Krakowka S, Allan G, Ellis J, Hambergd A, Charreyre C, Kaufmann E, Brooks C, Meehan B: A nine-base nucleotide sequence in the porcine circovirus type 2 (PCV2) nucleocapsid gene determines viral replication and virulence. Virus Research 2012, 164:90-99.
17. Wei C, Zhang M, Chen Y, Xie J, Huang Z, Zhu W, Xu T, Cao Z, Zhou P, Su S, Zhang G: Genetic evolution and
Esraa A. Elshafiee, Sara M. Nader, Sohad M. Dorgham and Dalia A. Hamza
out of 50 (80%)
Livestock drinking water
All P. aeruginosa isolates were subjected to an antibiotic disc diffusion assay with carbapenem-group antibiotics ( Table 2 ). We further characterised these isolates for the presence of the β-lactam resistance genes bla KPC , bla OXA-48 , and bla NDM , and the virulence of the toxA gene ( Table 2 ). We found that 60% and 59% of animal isolates (buffalo and cattle), 67% of drinking water isolates, and 70% of human
Š. Bursová, D. Nečasová, K. Dorotíková, L. Necidová and L. Vorlová
potential virulence factors by veterinary isolates of Bacillus species associated with non-gastrointestinal infections. App. Environ. Microbiol. , 69, 4, 2372—2376. DOI: 10.1128/aem.69.4.2372-2376.2003.
18. Schoeni, J. L., Wong, A. C., 1999: Heterogeneity observed in the components of haemolysin BL, an enterotoxin produced by Bacillus cereus . Int. J. Food Microbiol. , 53, 2—3, 159—167.
19. Seong, S. J., Lim, J. S., Lee, K. G., Lee, S. J., Hong, K. W., 2008: Toxin gene profiling of Bacillus cereus food isolates by PCR. J. Korean Soc. Appl. Biol. Chem
May Phonvisay, Jai-Wei Lee, Jhong-Jie Liou, Hsian-Yu Wang and Chun-Yen Chu
shown to successfully confer protection against homologous strains of RA, but not heterologous ones ( 9 , 12 , 16 ). Due to the diversity of RA serotypes isolated from the field, a vaccine capable of providing cross-protection would be desirable. Under this circumstance, using a molecule conserved among various RA serotypes as the antigen is imperative. The 42-kDa outer membrane protein A (OmpA) is the major virulence factor of RA responsible for cellular adhesion and invasion ( 4 , 5 ). OmpA can be found in all RA serotypes with minor genetic heterogeneity among
haemagglutinating encephalomyelitis virus (PHEV), and porcine deltacoronavirus (PDCoV) ( 26 ). The clinical symptoms of PED are diarrhoea, vomiting, and dehydration which result in very high mortality among suckling piglets and large economic losses ( 5 , 8 , 21 ). Various factors influence the clinical signs of PED, mainly the age of the animals, the herd’s immune status, and the virulence of the strain ( 18 ). Multiple PEDV strains are circulating on different pig farms around the world and they differ in virulence.
PED was observed for the first time in 1971 in the United
Ewa Paździor, Agnieszka Pękala-Safińska and Dariusz Wasyl
. Differentiation of Shewanella putrefaciens and Shewanella alga on the basis of whole-cell protein profiles, ribotyping, phenotypic characterization, and 16S rRNA gene sequence analysis Appl Environ Microbiol 1997 63 2189 2199
29 Wang X.H., Oon H.L., Ho G.W., Wong W.S., Lim T.M., Leung K.Y.: Internalization and cytotoxicity are important virulence mechanisms in Vibrio-fish epithelial cell interactions. Microbiology 1998, 144, 2987–3002. 9846734 10.1099/00221287-144-11-2987
Wang X.H. Oon H.L. Ho G.W. Wong W.S. Lim T.M. Leung K
Shaaban S. Elnesr, Mahmoud Alagawany, Hamada A. M. Elwan, Mohamed A. Fathi and Mayada R. Farag
growing rabbits. Animals, 2019, 9, 95; doi:10.3390/ani9030095
Antongiovanni M., Buccioni A., Petacchi F., Leeson S., Minieri S., Martini A., Cecchi R. (2009). Butyric acid glycerides in the diet of broiler chickens: Effects on gut histology and carcass composition. Ital. J. Anim. Sci., 6:19–25.
Awaad M.H.H., Abd El-Ghany W.A., Nasef S.A., El-Halawany M.S., Mohamed F.F., Gaber A.F. (2016). Effect of Na-butyrate supplementation on electromicroscopy, virulencegene expression analysis and gut integrity of experimentally induced Salmonella enteritidis in broiler
Sandra Mojsova, Kiril Krstevski, Igor Dzadzovski, Zagorka Popova and Pavle Sekulovski
enterocin EJ97 production by Enterococcus faecalis EJ97 are located on a conjugative plasmid. Appl Environ Microbiol. 62, 1633-1641. http://dx.doi.org/10.1128/AEM.69.3.1633-1641.2003 PMCid:PMC150074
19. Vankerckhoven, V., Van Autgaerden, T., Vael, C., Lammens, C., Chapelle, S., Rossi, R., Jabes, D., Goossens, H. (2004). Development of a multiplex PCR for the detection of asa1, gelE, cylA, esp and hyl genes in enterococci and survey for virulence determinants among European hospital isolates of Enterococcus faecium. J Clin Microbiol. 42, 4473-4479. http