Petros G. Botonis, Argyris G. Toubekis and Theodoros I. Platanou
assess general indicators of players’ wellness. The questionnaire was comprised of five questions related to perceived fatigue, sleep quality, general muscle soreness, stress levels and mood with each question scored on a five-point scale (McLeanet al., 2010). The questionnaire was completed daily upon awakening and concerned the preceding daily training load. The overall wellness was then determined by summing the five scores.
Two days before the commencement of the intervention (baseline) as well as one day after the end of overloading and tapering phases, players
7. Van Vuuren T. Met ontslag bedreigd: Werknemers in onzekerheid over hun arbeidsplaats bij veranderingen in de organisatie [Threats of job loss: Employees workplace uncertainty during organizational change, in Dutch]. Amsterdam: VU Uitgeverij; 1990.
8. Clark CL, Sacks MP. A view from below: Industrial restructuring and women’s employment at four Russian enterprises. Communist and Post-Communist Stud 2004;37:523-45. doi: 10.1016/j.postcomstud.2004.09.003
9. Mohr GB. The changing significance of different stressors after the announcement
). An adaptation of the Profile of Mood States (POMS) test by D.M. McNaira, M. Lorra, and L.F. Droppleman. Przegląd Psychologiczny 3, 753-762. [in Polish]
16. Brzozowski P. (2010). Positive and Negative Affect Schedule. SUPIN: a Polish adaptation of the PANAS scale by David Watson and Anna Clark. Warszawa: Polskie Towarzystwo Psychologiczne. [in Polish]
17. Cohen S., Kamarck T., Mermelstein R. (1983). A global measure of perceivedstress. Journal of Health and Social Behavior 24, 385-396.
18. Juczyński Z., Ogińska
Matthias Wilhelm Hoppe, Christian Baumgart, Thomas Hilberg, Jürgen Freiwald and Udo Frank Wehmeier
perceived exertion (RPE) in response to match-play ( Gomes et al., 2014 ; Hornery et al., 2007 ; Mendez- Villanueva et al., 2007 ; Smekal et al., 2001 ). This plethora of research has led to an evidence based framework of tennis exercise physiology summarized in reviews ( Fernandez-Fernandez et al., 2009 ; Kovacs, 2007 ).
Recently, a new level of regulation of cellular processes has been identified. MicroRNAs (miRs) are ~22 nucleotides long non-coding RNAs that regulate the gene expression on a posttranscriptional level by multiple miR:mRNA interactions, leading to
Ahsan, N., Z. Abdullah, D. G. Fie and S. S. Alam (2009). “A study of job stress on job satisfaction among university staff in Malaysia: Empirical study.” European journal of social sciences 8 (1): 121-131.
Conger, J. A. (1999). “Charismatic and transformational leadership in organizations: An insider’s perspective on these developing streams of research.” The Leadership Quarterly 10 (2): 145-179.
Cooper, D. (2006). “Knowledge workers.” Canadian Business 79 (20): 59.
Frese, M. and D. Zapf (1994). “Methodological issues in
1. Stress is an internal response to a stimulus or external situation, named stressor or stress factor. However, a person can be affected by a stressor, while someone else not. More people exposed to stressors, even traumatized, succed to adapt to situation. Other people manifest intense psychological symptoms and usually for a long time.
2. C. Thomas, Horia Dumitru Pitariu, “From Socialism to Service: Developing Human Resource Management for a Market Responsive Economy”, Paper presented at the meeting of the From
1. Ahmad, S.F., Shah, F.A. (2007). Role stress of officers and clerks: An empirical study in banking industry. Business Review, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 1-9.
2. Akhtar, M.N., Long, L. (2015). Organizational change determinants and employees behavior: a psychological contract perspective. European Scientific Journal, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 189-199.
3. Anton, C. (2009). The impact of role stress on workers’ behaviour through job satisfaction and organizational commitment. International Journal of Psychology
Anna B. Pilewska-Kozak, Beata B. Dobrowolska, Anna Majewska, Grażyna Stadnicka, Agnieszka K. Pawłowska-Muc, Klaudia Pałucka, Agnieszka Bałanda-Bałdyga and Joanna Tkaczuk-Włach
1. Aftyka A, Humeniuk B, Rybojad B, Rzońca P. Style radzenia sobie ze stresem u rodziców dzieci hospitalizowanych w oddziale intensywnej terapii noworodka. [Styles of doping with stress in parents of children hospitalized in neonatal intensive care unit]. Hyg. Publ. Health. 2015; 50 (2): 395-400.
2. Biskupska M, Konieczna M. Noworodek i jego rodzice w obliczu choroby i śmierci. [The infant and his parents in the face of illness and death]. Now. Lek. 2013; 82 (2): 142-149.
3. Kopeć A, Aftyka A, Humeniuk E, i wsp
Maja Rožman, Anastasiia Grinkevich and Polona Tominc
Adams, G. A., DeArmond, S., Jex, S. M., Webster, J. R. (2013). Older Workers, Occupational Stress and Safety. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/278847873_OLDER_WORKERS_OCCUPATIONAL_STRESS_AND_SAFETY (Accessed 7.1.2019).
Ahola, K., Honkonen, T., Virtanen, M., Aromaa, A., Lönnqvist, J. (2008).Burnout in Relation to Age in the Adult Working Population. Journal of Occupational Health , 50 (4), 362-365, http://doi.org/10.1539/joh.M8002
Campanelli, L. (1990). The Ageing Workforce: Implications for Organisations
Krzysztof Adamczyk, Aleksandra Górecka-Bruzda, Jacek Nowicki, Małgorzata Gumułka, Edyta Molik, Tomasz Schwarz, Bernadette Earley and Czesław Klocek
ram duringatraining period for artiffical insemination. Arch. Zoot., 48: 273-284.
Amory J.R., Pearce G.P. (2000). Alarm pheromones in urine modify the behaviour of weaner pigs. Anim. Welfare, 9: 167-175.
Angrecka S., Herbut P. (2015). Conditions of cold stress development in dairy cattle kept in free stall barn during severe frosts. Czech J. Anim. Sci., 60: 81-87.
Appleby M.C., Mench J.A., Hughes B.O. (2004). Poultry behaviour and welfare. CABI Publishing, Wallingford, UK, 276 pp.
Arnold G.W. (1985