Khrongwong Musikatavorn, Chatgaew Chumpengpan and Chaita Sujinpram
15. Donowitz GR. Pleuropulmonary and bronchial infections. In: Mandell GL, Bennett JE, Dolin R, editors. Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett’s Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases. 7th ed. Philadelphia: Churchill Livingston; 2009, p. 891-916.
16. Sifri CD, Madoff LC. Intra-abdominal infections. In: Mandell GL, Bennett JE, Dolin R, editors. Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett’s Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases. 7th ed. Philadelphia:Churchill Livingston; 2009, p. 1035-44.
17. Pasternack MS, Swartz MN. Skin and soft tissue
leading to changes in management were as follows: (1) pleural effusions leading to placement of percutaneous drainage (8 times), (2) intra-abdominal fluid/collection leading to placement of percutaneous drainage (4 times), (3) one intracardiac thrombus and 10 DVTs leading to administration of anticoagulant, and (4) cholecystitis leading to cholecystectomy (1 times). The US was also used to confirm the diagnosis of abdominal compartment syndrome by showing a narrow, compressed IVC in a patient with intra-abdominal hypertension who subsequently required decompressive
Aykut Urfalioğlu, Fatih Mehmet Yazar, Bora Bilal, Fatma İnanç Tolun, Hafize Öksüz, Ömer Faruk Boran and Gözen Öksüz
, respectively, by gavage. The doses of PC and EA were selected according to similar studies on this and related topics [ 25 , 26 ]. The doses were achieved by dissolving the PC in 5% dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) and the EA in normal saline (1–2 mL/dose). After 7 days of treatment, a model of intra-abdominal sepsis was induced in the rats of the S, PC, EA, and PCE groups with an intraperitoneal (ip.) injection of 10 mg/kg LPS. The rats in the control group were administered the same volume of saline intraperitoneally [ 27 ].
After inducing sepsis and until the surgical
acute liver injury and is a common finding in patients suffering from dengue infection, particularly in those with dengue hemorrhagic fever and dengue shock syndrome [ 7 ]. Additionally, serum high-density lipoproteins (HDL) decrease substantially during the critical phase of severe dengue, dengue hemorrhagic fever, and dengue shock syndrome compared with uncomplicated dengue fever [ 8 ]. Pathological sequelae of abnormal HDL in patients with liver disease, result in echinocyte formation [ 9 ]. However, to our knowledge, there are no case reports or studies regarding
Prangmalee Leurcharusmee, Guy Kositratna, De Q. Tran and Thomas Schricker
constitute stressors, which lead to metabolic perturbation. Perioperative hyperglycemia is associated with the stress-induced release of counter-regulatory hormones and proinflammatory cytokines, which, in turn, result in increased endogenous glucose production [ 42 ] and a state of impaired insulin sensitivity. This transient insulin resistance, the so-called “diabetes of injury” [ 43 ], is most pronounced on the first postoperative day and may persist for days or weeks after surgery depending on the anatomic location and invasiveness of the intervention [ 44 , 45
for HCC in patients with CHB even though HCC can develop in its absence. In both East Asian and Western populations, patients with CHB and cirrhosis have a more than a 5-fold increased incidence of HCC compared with CHB patients without cirrhosis [ 4 ]. As liver injury and fibrosis in patients with CHB accrues over time, the incidence of HCC also increases with age [ 5 ]. Other nonmodifiable risk factors include male sex [ 1 ] and a family history of HCC [ 6 ]. Additional liver insults from coinfection (e.g. hepatitis C, hepatitis delta) or concomitant liver disease
., 29: 804-811.
4. Bird M., K.M. Fletcher, A.J. Koch (2006) Electromyographic comparison of the Ab-slide and crunch exercises. J. Strength Cond. Res., 20: 436-440.
5. Bruggemann G.P. (2005) Sport-related spinal injuries and their prevention. In: Zatsiorsky V., ed.: Biomechanics in Sport. Oxford: Blackwell Science, pp. 550-576.
6. Clark K.M., L. Holt, J. Sinyard (2003) Electromyoraphic comparison of the upper and lower rectus abdominis during abdominal exercises. J. Strength Cond. Res., 17: 475-483.
7. De Luca C.J. (1997) The use of surface electromyography in
Jacek Małecki, Mirosław Kokosz, Edward Saulicz and Izabela Świat-Borowczyk
1. Beckmann-Kline J, Krauss JR, Maher SF, Qu X. Core strength training using a combination of home exercises and a dynamic sling system for the management of low back pain in pre-professional ballet dancers. J Dance Med Sci, 2013; 17(1): 24-33
2. Bolin D. Evaluation and management of stress fractures in dancers. J Dance Med Sci, 2001; 5(2): 37-42
3. Cholewicki J, McGill SM. Mechanical stability of the in vivo lumbar spine: implications for injury and chronic low back pain. Clin Biomech, (Bristol, Avon
Andrijan Kartalov, Nikola Jankulovski, Biljana Kuzmanovska, Milka Zdravkovska, Mirjana Shosholcheva, Tatjana Spirovska, Aleksandra Panovska Petrusheva, Marija Tolevska, Marija Srceva, Vesna Durnev, Gjorgji Jota, Redzep Selmani and Atanas Sivevski
1. Jankovic Z. Transversus abdominis plane block: The holy grail of anesthesia for (lower) abdominal surgery. Periodicum biologicum Vol. III, No 2; 2009: 203-208.
2. Bonnet F, Berger J, and Aveline C. Transversus abdominis plane block: what is its role in postoperative analgesia? British Journal of Anaesthesia. 2009; 103 (4): 468-70.
3. MC Donnell JG, Curlry G, Carney J, Benton A, Costello J, Maharaj CH, Laffey JG. The analgesic efficacy of transversus abdominis plane block after Caesarean delivery: A
Dariusz Boguszewski, Magdalena Falkowska, Jakub Grzegorz Adamczyk and Dariusz Białoszewski
in Female Soldiers. J. Sports Sci. Med., 14: 515-521.
23. Ladeira C.E., L. Hess, B. Galin, S. Fradera, M. Harkness (2005) Validation of an abdominal muscle strength test with dynamometry. J. Strength Cond. Res., 19(4): 925-930. DOI: 10.1519/R-16664.1.
24. Letafatkar A., M. Hadadnezhad, S. Shojaedin, E. Mohamadi (2014) Relationship between Functional Movement Screening score and history of injury. Int. J. Sports Phys. Ther., 1: 21-27.
25. Lockie R.G., A.B. Schultz, S.J. Callaghan (2015) A preliminary investigation into