Shazia Qasim Jamshed, Akshaya Srikanth Bhagavathula and Abdul Kareem Al-Shami
1. Rhee E-J. Diabetes in Asians. Endocrinol Metab (Seoul) 30(3): 263-269, 2015.
2. Ramachandran A, Snehalatha C, Shetty AS, Nanditha A. Trends in prevalence of diabetes in Asian countries. World J Diabetes 3(6): 110-117, 2012.
3. Zou X, Zhou X, Ji L, et al. The characteristics of newly diagnosed adult early-onset diabetes: a populationbased cross-sectional study. Sci Rep 7: 46534, 2017.
4. Hu FB. Globalization of diabetes. Diabetes care 34(6): 1249-1257, 2011.
-related qualityoflife in complete denture wearers. J Dent 41(8): 710-7, 2013.
4. Radović K, Obradović-Djuričić K, Čairović A, et.al. Prosthetic treatment after teeth extractions in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Srp Arh Celok Lek 144(9-10): 474-7, 2016.
5. Aljabri MK, Ibrahim TO, Sharka RM. Removable partial dentures: Patient satisfaction and complaints in Makkah City, KSA. Journal of Taibah University Medical Sciences 12(6): 561-564, 2017.
6. Yen YY, Lee HE, Wu YM, et al. Impact of removable dentures on oral health-related qualityoflife
Viorel T. Mogos, Carmen I. Dondoi and Daiana E. Bajko
1. Caubet JC, Wang J. Current understanding of egg allergy. Pediatr Clin North Am 58: 427–443, 2011.
2. Pascual CY, Reche M, Fiandor A, Valbuena T, Cuevas T, Esteban MM . Fish allergy in childhood. Pediatr Allergy Immunol 19: 573-579, 2008.
3. Sélo I, Clément G, Bernard H et al. Allergy to bovine beta-lactoglobulin: specificity of human IgE to tryptic peptides. Clin Exp Allergy 29: 1055-1063, 1999.
4. Paschke A . Aspects of food processing and its effect on allergen structure. Mol Nutr Food Res 53: 959-962, 2009
process, the measures should be assessed to consider the extent to which their incentivization would constitute an efficient use of public funds and provide value for money. Cost–effectiveness analysis is one such approach, involving the calculation of costs per quality adjusted life year (QALY). Services with a lower cost per QALY can be considered cost-effective and those with a higher cost per QALY may not be considered cost-effective. This approach is attractive as it allows all measures to be assessed using the same metric, an incremental cost– effectiveness ration
Muhammad Ali Khalid, Jawaid Iqbal, Hassan Liaquat Memon, Farina M. Hanif, Muhammad Osama Tariq Butt, Nasir Hassan Luck and Zain Majid
hemodialysis patients when compared to the general population.[ 2 ] Despite its wide prevalence (48–70%), dyspepsia amongst hemodialysis patients has not been thoroughly investigated. Local or systemic circulatory insufficiency, hypergastrinemia and higher levels of ammonia and inflammation have been attributed as the causes of gastric mucosal injury in ESRD. Among the general causes of impaired qualityoflife, dyspepsia has been shown as a contributing factor.[ 3 ] Out of the various questionnaire available for its evaluation, the Leeds dyspepsia questionnaire (LDQ) has
Wa’el Tuqan, Ayoub Innabi, Alia Alawneh, Fadi Abu Farsakh and Maan Al-Khatib
shown in a prospective study done by Robson et al . to significantly reduce the severity of pruritus. [ 14 ] However, there is mixed results with regards to the effect of PTBD on the qualityoflife. PTBD is an intervention that is not free of complications. Most common complication following the biliary drainage is drain dislodgement and the need for re-intervention. Other possible complications include pain, biliary leakage around puncture site, hemorrhage, perforation, infections and stent migration. [ 8 , 9 , 15 , 16 ] Therefore, it is really important to
Safa’a A. Al-Zeidaneen, Maha T. Hdaib, Yahya W. Najjar and Marwa A. Al-Zidaneen
in Lebanon: findings from the first epidemiological study. Obesity 11(11): 1353-61, 2003
6. Akinyemiju T, Meng Q, Vin-Raviv N. Association between body mass index and in-hospital outcomes: Analysis of the nationwide inpatient database. Medicine 95(28), 2016.
7. Santos DA, Silva AM, Baptista F, et al. Sedentary behavior and physical activity are independently related to functional fitness in older adults. Exp gerontol 47(12): 908-12, 2012
8. Halaweh H, Willen C, Grimby-Ekman A, Svantesson U. Physical activity and health-related qualityof
Seyed Mansour Alamshah, Aliasghar Hemmati and Zahra Nazari
Rev 20(Suppl 1): S78-S89, 2004.
17. Edwards CA, O'Brien WD Jr. Modified assay for determination of hydroxyproline in a tissue hydrolyzate. Clin Chim Acta 104: 161-167, 1980.
18. Ribu L, Birkeland K, Hanestad BR, Moum T, Rustoen T. A longitudinal study of patients with diabetes and foot ulcers and their health-related qualityoflife: wound healing and quality-of- life changes. J Diabetes Complications 22: 400-407, 2008.
19. Muller M, Trocme C, Lardy B, Morel F, Halimi S, Benhamou PY. Matrix metalloproteinases and
Raluca-Iulia Juncar, Mihai Juncar, Florin-Onişor Gligor and Amorin-Remus Popa
1. Oates TW, Huynh-Ba G, Vargas A, Alexander P, Feine J. A critical review of diabetes, glycemic control and dental implant therapy. Clin Oral Implants Res 24: 117-127, 2013.
2. Boyle JP, Thompson TJ, Gregg EW, Barker LE, Williamson DF. Projection of the year 2050 burden of diabetes in the US adult population: dynamic modeling of incidence, mortality, and prediabetes prevalence. Popul Health Metr 8: 29, 2010.
3. Keenan AV. Mandibular implant supported complete dentures improved qualityoflife. Evid