Michał Dzięcioł, Agnieszka Noszczyk-Nowak, Katarzyna Michlik, Wojciech Niżański and Grzegorz Dejneka
, Marfil G, Jauregui J, Lagioia E., Luther M.: Transrectal Doppler sonography for evaluation of uterine blood flow throughout pregnancy in 13 cows. Theriogenology 2006, 66, 2113-2119.
28. Paulus W.E, Strehler E, Zhang M, Jelinkova L, El-Danasouri I.: Benefit of vaginal sildenafil citrate in assisted reproduction therapy. Fertil Steril 2002, 77, 846-847.
29. Pozor M, Muehlhaus J, King A, Macpherson M.L, Troedsson M.H, Bailey C.S.: Effect of pentoxifylline treatment on testicular perfusion and semen quality in Miniature horse stallions. Theriogenology 2011, 76, 1027
Liliya V. Vasileva, Kremena Е. Saracheva, Mariya V. Ivanovska, Atanaska P. Petrova, Emir Sucouglu, Mariana A. Murdjeva and Damyanka P. Getova-Spasova
chronic mild stress protocol introduces a combined model of depression in rats: Reversibility by imipramine and pentoxifylline. Pharmacol Biochem Behav 2014;126:152-62.
13. Konsman JP, Veeneman J, Combe C, et al. Central nervous action of interleukin-1 mediates activation of limbic structures and behavioural depression in response to peripheral administration of bacterial lipopolysaccharide. Eur J Neurosci 2008;28(12):2499-510.
14. Mattioli L, Funari C, Perfumi M. Effects of Rhodiola rosea L. extract on behavioural and physiological
Claudia Floriana Suciu, Andreea Varga, Corneliu Florin Buicu and Ioan Tilea
pentoxifylline administration. Am J Nephrol. 2006;26(6):562–70.
4. Fogo AB. Mechanisms of progression of chronic kidney disease. Pediatr Nephrol. 2007;22(12):2011–22.
5. Snaedal S, Heimbürger O, Qureshi AR, et al. Comorbidity and acute clinical events as determinants of C-reactive protein variation in hemodialysis patients: implications for patient survival. Am J Kidney Dis. 2009;53(6):1024-33.
6. Turkmen K, Guney I, Yerlikaya FH, Tonbul HZ. The relationship between neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio and inflammation in end-stage renal disease patients. Ren Fail
Amira A. Rashad, Sara Nageeb El-Helaly, Randa T. Abd El Rehim and Omaima N. El-Gazayerly
vitro characterization of a new nasal dosage form, Eur. J. Pharm. Sci . 27 (2006) 62–71; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejps.2005.08.005
23. M. S. Surapaneni, S. K. Das and N. G. Das, Effect of excipient and processing variables on adhesive properties and release profile of pentoxifylline from mucoadhesive tablets, Drug Dev. Ind. Pharm. 32 (2006) 377–387; https://doi.org/10.1080/03639040500519367
24. A. Tiraferri, P. Maroni, D. Caro Rodriguez and M. Borkovec, Mechanism of chitosan adsorption on silica from aqueous solutions, Langmuir 30 (2014
Shahinul Alam, Mohammad Jahid Hasan, Md. Abdullah Saeed Khan, Mahabubul Alam and Nazmul Hasan
management of NASH. [ 22 ] Among different drugs tested, [ 23 ] vitamin E, [ 24 , 25 ] pioglitazone, [ 25 ] liraglutide, [ 26 ] telmisartan, [ 27 ] pentoxifylline [ 28 ] were found to improve histological activity and fibrosis in different degrees. But these must be balanced with their potential adverse effects. Therefore, diet and lifestyle modification, with weight reduction remains the mainstay of treatment in these patients. [ 16 , 22 ] Previous studies testing the effectiveness of lifestyle modification in NAFLD have found that 7 to 10% weight loss is
Hieronim Borowicz, Krzysztof Kubiak, Goran Nikolovski and Artur Niedźwiedź
Sephadex-induced airway inflammation. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 95, 43-48. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1742-7843.2004.pto950109.x PMid:15245576
46. Hay, D.W., Goldie, R.G. (1998). Potential pathophysiological role of endothelin-1 in asthma. Drug News Perspect 11, 411-418. http://dx.doi.org/10.1358/dnp.19126.96.36.1990500 PMid:15616682
47. Leguillette, R., Desevaux, C., Lavoie, J. (2002). Effects of pentoxifylline on pulmonary function and results of cytological examination of bronchoalveolar lavage fluid in horses with recurrent airway obstruction. Am J
clinical study between the effect of fenofibrate alone and its combination with pentoxifylline on biochemical parameters and liver stiffness in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, Hepatol. Int. 9 (2015) 471-479; DOI: 10.1007/s12072-015-9633-1.
43. T. Kopf, H. L. Schaefer, M. Troetzmueller, H. Koefeler, M. Broenstrup, T. Konovalova and G. Schmitz, Influence of fenofibrate treatment on triacylglycerides, diacylglycerides and fatty acids in fructose fed rats, PLOS ONE 9 (2014) e106849; DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0106849
Somayyeh Karami-Mohajeri, Ahmad Ahmadipour, Hamid-Reza Rahimi and Mohammad Abdollahi
;32:759-65. doi: 10.1177/0960327112468179
168. Tehrani H, Halvaie Z, Shadnia S, Soltaninejad K, Abdollahi M. Protective effects of N-acetylcysteine on aluminum phosphide-induced oxidative stress in acute human poisoning. Clin Toxicol (Phila) 2013;51:23-8. doi: 10.3109/15563650.2012.743029
169. Ranjbar A, Ghahremani MH, Sharifzadeh M, Golestani A, Ghazi-Khansari M, Baeeri M, Abdollahi M. Protection by pentoxifylline of malathion-induced toxic stress and mitochondrial damage in rat brain. Hum Exp Toxicol 2010;29:851-64. doi: 10
present. However, their benefit for cardiovascular disease, which is prevalent in NAFLD populations, should not be overlooked [ 68 ].
The recommended treatments according to the 2018 AASLD guidelines are weight reduction, vitamin E, and pioglitazone in non-diabetic adults with biopsy-proven NASH [ 1 ]. Despite the established recommendation, there are several ongoing investigations of other drugs such as glucagon-like peptide 1 agonists, statins, pentoxifylline, and obeticholic acid [ 36 , 69 ]. One of the key confounders of the included studies is the lack of