• Becker Peter, 2012, Lost in Stagnation: The EU’s Next Multiannual Financial Framework (2014–2020) and the Power of the Status Quo , Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik, Berlin.
• Begg Iain et al., 2008, Financing of the EuropeanUnion budget , Report to the European Commission.
• Benedetto Giacomo, 2013, ‘The EU budget after Lisbon: rigidity and reduced spending?’, Journal of Public Policy , XXXIII(3): 345-369.
• Benedetto Giacomo et al. (eds), 2012, EuropeanUnion Budget Reform , Palgrave Macmillan, Basingstoke
Larché on the Project of constitutional law adopted by the National Assembly adding a title to the Constitution: ‘Of the European Communities and the EuropeanUnion’, Report no. 375 of 27 May 1992.
• Fromage Diane, 2014, ‘National Parliaments and Governmental Accountability in the Crisis : Theory and Practice’, Perspectives on Federalism , VI(3): 149-171.
• Fuchs Michael, 2003, ‘Der Ausschuss Für Die Angelegenheiten Der Europäischen Union Des Deutschen Bundestages - Kein Ausschuss Wie Jeder Andere!’, Zeitschrift für Parlamentsfragen , XXXV(1): 3
parlamentare d’inchiesta nel diritto comparato’, in Dickmann Renzo (ed), L’inchiesta parlamentare nel diritto comparato, Jovene, Napoli, 175-184.
Doria Giancarlo, 2006, The Paradox of Bicameral Federalism, European Diversity and Autonomy Papers, available at www.eurac.edu/edap.
European Commission, 2017, Annual report 2016 on subsidiarity and proportionality, COM(2017)600 final.
EuropeanUnion Committee, 2017, Brexit: devolution. Summary of conclusions and recommendations, available at https
of European Administrative Law, V(2): 17-45.
· De Witte Bruno, 1995, ‘Interpreting the EC Treaty like a Constitution: the role of the European Court of Justice in comparative perspective’, in Bakker R.C.L. et al. (eds), Judicial control: comparative essays on judicial review, Maklu, Antwerp, 133-152.
· De Witte Bruno, 2000, ‘The role of institutional principles in the judicial development of the EuropeanUnion legal order’, in Snyder Francis (ed), The Europeanisation of Law - The Legal Effects of European Integration, Hart, Oxford
Agné Hans, 2007, ‘The Myth of International Delegation: limits and suggestions for Democratic Theory in the context of the EuropeanUnion’, Government and Opposition, XLII(1): 18-45.
Alt James, Lassen David Drayer and Wehner Joachim, 2012, ‘Moral Hazard in an Economic Union: Politics, Economics, and Fiscal Gimmickry in Europe’, Political Science and Political Economy Working Paper, No. 05/2012, London School of Economics, Department of Government.
Basu Kaushik and Stiglitz Joseph, 2013, ‘International
· Albert Max, 2003, ‘The Voting Power Approach: Measurement without Theory’, EuropeanUnion Politics, IV(3): 351-366.
· Albert Max, 2004, ‘The voting Power Approach: Unresolved Ambiguities’, EuropeanUnion Politics, V(1): 139-146.
· Baldwin Richard and Widgrén Mika, 2004, ‘Winners and losers under various dual-majority voting rules for the EU’s Council of Ministers’, CEPS Policy Brief, 50, 1-35.
· Banzhaf John F., 1965, ‘Weighted voting does not work: A mathematical analysis’, Rutgers
· Avbelj Matej, 2017, ‘What Future for the EuropeanUnion?’, WZB Discussion Paper SP IV 2017-802, available at: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3009672.
· Börzel Tanja, 2003, 'What Can Federalism Teach Us About the EuropeanUnion? The German Experience’, Paper prepared for the Conference “Governing together in the New Europe”, Robinson College, Cambridge, 12-13 April 2003, available at: https://www.chathamhouse.org/sites/files/chathamhouse/public/Research/Europe/borzel.pdf.
· Burgess Michael, 2009, ‘Federalism’ in Wiener Antje and Diez Thomas
and Balancing in the Area of Freedom Security and Justice: A Proportionate Answer for a Europe of Rights?’, in European Public Law , XIX(4): 759–788.
• Fontanelli Filippo, 2014a, ‘The Implementation of EuropeanUnion Law by Member States Under Article 51(1) of the Charter of Fundamental Rights’, in Columbia Journal of European Law , XX(2): 194-247.
• Fontanelli Filippo, 2014b, ‘National Measures and the Application of the Charter of Fundamental Rights to National Measures - Does curia.eu Know iura.eu?’, in Human Rights Law Review , XIV(2): 231
· Decker Franck, 2002, ‘Governance beyond the nation-state. Reflections on the democratic deficit of the EuropeanUnion’, Journal of European Public Policy, IX(2): 256-272.
· Ehlermann C.D., 1997, ‘Différenciation, flexibilité, coopération renforcée: les nouvelles dispositions du traité d'Amsterdam’, Revue du Marché Unique Européen, no. 3: 51-90.
· Erhel Christine and Palier Bruno, 2005, ‘L`Europe sociale: entre modèles nationaux et coordination européenne’, Revue d´économie politique, no. 6: 677-704.
· Franssen E., 2002
The present special issue of Perspectives on Federalism reflects on the nature and characteristics of solidarity within a supranational context, it explains what solidarity has meant so far in the EU, how much solidarity we had during the crisis, what type of solidarity is needed and how to build it. It focuses on the new economic governance and its solidarity mechanisms during and after the economic crisis but tackles other related fields such as its impact on services of general economic interest or the European budget, as well as other areas where solidarity is also discussed such as the free movement of persons.
This monographic issue has its origin in the International Conference “Solidarity in Hard Times. Solidarity and the European Social Model in times of economic crisis” organized by the University Institute for European Studies (IDEE) on 11-12 June 2015 in Madrid, within the Jean Monnet Network MoreEU (“More Europe to overcome the crisis”).