Jagoda Balaban, Dragana Popović and Svetlana Pavlović
. Prevalence of sleep disturbances in children with neurofibromatosis type 1. J Child Neurol 2013;28(11):1400–5.
24. Agaimy A, Vassos N, Croner RS. Gastrointestinal and retroperitoneal manifestations of neurofibromatosis type 1 (Recklinghausen’s disease): clinicopathological spectrum with pathogenetic considerations. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 2012;5(9):852–62.
25. Salvi P, Lorenzon L, Caterino S, Antolino L, Antonelli MS, Balducci G. Gastrointestinalstromaltumors associated with neurofibromatosis 1: a single centre experience and systematic review of the literature
39. Chen Y, Tzengb C, Lioub C, Changb M, Lib C, Linb C. Biological significance of chromosomal imbalance aberrations in gastrointestinalstromaltumors. J Biomed Sci. 2004; 11:65-71.
40. Rossner P, Boffetta P, Capp M, Bonassi S, Smerhovsky Z, Landa K, et al. Chromosomal aberrations in lymphocytes of healthy subjects and risk of cancer. Environ Hlth Persp 2005; 113:517-20.
41. El-Zein R, Gu Y, Sierra MS, Spitz MR, Strom SS. Chromosomal instability in peripheral blood lymphocytes and risk of prostate cancer. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers
Aleksandra S Orlova, Karina M Shkurlatovskaia, Ekaterina V Silina, Polina M Pyatilova, Natalya P Teplyuk, Evgeniya A Kogan, Sergej I Vorobyev, Stefani S Bolevich, Valida A Dadaeva, Bella I Tachieva and Sergej B Bolevich
and determining aggressive course of the disease ( 32 , 37 ). In fact, several other somatic mutations in TET2, SRSF2, ASXL1, CBL, RUNX1 and RAS in patients with SM-AHN, ASM, MCL were detected ( 5 , 24 ).
Non-KIT mutations in SM-AHN are found not only in MCs, but also in other myeloid cells, CD34-progenitor cells and sometimes in monocytes and B-lymphocytes ( 1 , 38 , 39 ).
However, KIT mutations are found in other neoplasms, including gastrointestinalstromaltumors, acute myeloblastosis, lymphomas and seminomas ( 1 , 2 , 20 ).
In addition to the
Ana Jeromen, Irena Oblak, Franc Anderluh, Vaneja Velenik, Marija Skoblar Vidmar and Ivica Ratoša
involvement mimicking a gastrointestinalstromaltumour. Radiol Oncol 2011; 45: 59-63.
5. Oblak I, Velenik V, Anderluh F, Strojan P. Results of adjuvant radiochemotherapy for gastric adenocarcinoma in Slovenia. Eur J Surg Oncol 2007; 33: 982-7.
6. Oblak I, Anderluh Franc, Velenik V. Postoperative radiochemotherapy for gastric adenocarcinoma: long term results. Radiol Oncol 2009; 43: 274-81.
7. Power DG, Reynolds JV. Localized adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction-is there a standard of care? Cancer Treatm
-assisted closure (VAC) have been proposed; however, there is no single universal technique that can be applied to every EAF because each fistula is different [ 3 ]. Hence, the wound care of EAF should be individualized for each patient. We report a novel VAC technique used to contain the fistula effluent and protect skin in a patient with a complex EAF.
A 53-year-old male patient presented with abdominal pain and mass. A diagnosis of a malignant gastrointestinalstromaltumor of the stomach with peritoneal seeding was made, and the patient underwent exploratory
://www.kpsw.edu.pl/ menu/pobierz/NOE5/7_MichalBartczak. pdf.
Bickers RD, Athar M. 2006. Oxidative stress in the pathogenesis of skin disease. J Invest Dermatol 126:2565-75.
Campbell T, Felsten L, Moore J. 2009. Disappearance of lentigines in a patient receiving imatinib treatment for familial gastrointestinalstromaltumor syndrome. Arch Dermatol 145:1313-16.
Cernak I, Savic V, Kotur J, Prokic V, Kuljic B, Grbovic D, et al. 2000. Alterations in magnesium and oxidative status during chronic emotional stress. Magnes Res 13: 29
Sakolwan Suchartlikitwong, Kamolyut Lapumnuaypol, Rungsun Rerknimitr and Duangporn Werawatganon
. These cancers are presented in ( Table 2 ) .
Type of malignancy that caused upper gastrointestinal bleeding with proved tissue-pathology
Type of cancer
Number of patients
Gastric cancer (adenocarcinoma)
Other cancers metastasis
Esophageal cancer (squamous cell carcinoma)
Ampullary cancer (adenocarcinoma)
Duodenal cancer (adenocarcinoma)
Nikolaos F. Pistamaltzian, Sonia A. Perez and Constantin N. Baxevanis
, such as gastrointestinalstromaltumours, promising results have been observed when the TKI imatinib is combined with CTLA-4 blockade in mouse models [ 80 ]. In this case, the mechanisms underlying the synergistic effects of the combination not only included a possible vaccine effect after imatinib treatment, but also the activation of cytotoxic T cells and depletion of Tregs within the tumour.
The VEGF has been recognised as a critical mediator of immune suppression, suggesting that VEGF blockade, which has proven effective for the treatment of several cancers