Nongluk Phetkrajaysang, Nakarin Sansanayudh, Supakit Wongwiwatthananukit and Sarinee Krittiyanunt
vitamin D for bone health and prevention of autoimmune diseases, cancers, and cardiovascular disease. Am J Clin Nutr. 2004; 80: 1678s-88s.
6. Mathieu C, Gysemans C, Giulietti A, Bouillon R. Vitamin D and diabetes. Diabetologia. 2005; 48: 1247-57.
7. Pittas AG, Dawson-Hughes B, Li T, Van Dam RM, Willett WC, Manson JE, et al. Vitamin D and calcium intake in relation to type 2 diabetes in women. Diabetes care. 2006; 29:650-6.
8. Grandi NC, Breitling LP, Brenner H. Vitamin D and cardiovascular disease: systematic review and
Wilma Delphine C. R. Silvia and Bharat P. V. Kumar
by glucose or insulin: a double-blind, placebo-controlled crossover clamp study. Diabetes. 2003; 52:16-20.
29. Lee HM, Wang G, Englander EW, Kojima M, Greeley Jr GH. Ghrelin, a new gastrointestinal endocrine peptide that stimulates insulin secretion: enteric distribution, ontogeny, influence of endocrine, and dietary manipulations. Endocrinology. 2002; 143: 185-90.
30. Dixit VD, Schaffer EM, Pyle RS, Collins GD, Sakthivel SK, Palaniappan R, et al. Ghrelin inhibits leptin- and activation induced proinflammatory cytokine expression by
Khunton Wichajarn, Somporn Liammongkolkul, Nithiwat Vatanavicharn and Duangrurdee Wattanasirichaigoon
fasting, high protein intake, injury or surgery can also provoke a catabolic crisis. Each catabolic crisis results in a worsening of psychomotor development; therefore, close monitoring of growth, nutritional and metabolic status is highly recommended to prevent decompensated catabolic crisis and psychomotor deterioration. Close monitoring of plasma amino acids is very necessary in long-term dietary management because the patients have higher risk of essential amino acid deficiency. In this study, one patient with MMA was deficient in several amino acids after excessive
Pakawadee Sermsappasuk, Nathorn Chaiyakunapruk, Manupat Lohitnavy and Chagriya Kitiyakara
53. Paine MF, Oberlies NH. Clinical relevance of the small intestine as an organ of drug elimination: drug-fruit juice interactions. Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol. 2007; 3:67-80.
54. Rodriguez-Proteau R, Mata JE, Miranda CL, Fan Y, Brown JJ, Buhler DR. Plant polyphenols and multidrug resistance: effects of dietary flavonoids on drug transporters in Caco-2 and MDCKII-MDR1 cell transport models. Xenobiotica. 2006; 36:41-58.
55. Fang SH, Hou YC, Hsiu SL, Chao PDL. Effects of Citrus grandis peels on cyclosporin concentration and immune
skin changes compared with younger people despite a similar time of exposure to ultraviolet light [ 28 ], Furthermore, one study found that total sun exposure time and dietary vitamin D intake had no significant association with serum [25(OH)D] in patients receiving PD [ 10 ]. Another explanation for the low [25(OH)D] in patients receiving PD is that PD causes continuous loss of vitamin D and vitamin D binding protein together with albumin through the peritoneal effluent [ 29 , 30 ]. Pediatric patients receiving continuous cycling PD had a lower mean serum [25(OH
Mohammad Reza Baghshini, Irandokht Nikbakht-Jam, Hossein Mohaddes-Ardabili, Alireza Pasdar, Amir Avan, Maryam Tayefi, Amirhossein Sahebkar, Mohammad Sobhan Sheikh-Andalibi, Gordon A. Ferns and Majid Ghayour-Mobarhan
including dietaryintake, physical activity, sleep pattern, and their hobbies [ 4 ]. An inappropriate lifestyle is one of the most important risk factors for MetS and CVD [ 5 , 6 ]. Air pollution is another risk factor that can increase the risk of metabolic disorders. Recent epidemiological and experimental studies have reported an association between increased level of air pollution with insulin resistance, weight gain, and obesity [ 7 , 8 , 9 ]. Air pollution is higher in some industrial work environments, including those of the gas and petrochemical industries
Natasa Eftimovska-Otovic, Risto Grozdanovski, Borjanka Taneva and Olivera Stojceva-Taneva
E, et al. Prescription of individualized dialysаte sodium in patients on chronic hemodialysis. MMP. 2013; 66(3): 174-180.
11. Jablonski Kl, Gates PE, Pierce GL. Low dietary sodium intake is associated with enhanced vascular endothelial function in middle aged and older adults with elevated systolic blood pressure. The Adv Cardiovasc Dis. 2009; 3: 347-356.
12. Chou KJ, Lee PT, Chen CL, et al. Physiological changes during hemodialysis in patients with intradialysis hypertension. Kidney Int. 2006; 69: 1833-1838.