., Richardson D.P., Seal J., Kuznesof S. Behavioural, attitudinal and dietary responses to the consumption of wholegrain foods. Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, 2003;62:455-467.
17. Pereira MA, O’Reilly E, Augustsson K, et al. Dietary fiber and risk of coronary heart disease: a pooled analysis of cohort studies. Arch Intern Med, 2004;164:370–376.
18. Rimm EB, Ascherio A, Giovannucci E, Spiegelman D, Stampfer MJ, Willett WC. Vegetable, fruit, and cereal fiber intake and risk of coronary heart disease among men. JAMA, 1996;275:447–451.
19. Brown L, Rosner
Silvia M. Gancheva and Maria D. Zhelyazkova-Savova
status in human tissues: tissue-specific accumulation of phylloquinone and menaquinone-4. Br J Nutr 1996;75:121-7.
5. Schurgers L, Spronk H, Soute B, et al. Regression of warfarin-induced medial elastocalcinosis by high intake of vitamin K in rats. Blood 2007;109:2823-31.
6. McCann J, Ames B. Vitamin K, an example of triage theory: is micronutrient inadequacy linked to diseases of aging? Am J Clin Nutr 2009;90(4):889-907.
7. Pan Y, Jackson R. Dietary phylloquinone intakes and metabolic syndrome in US young adults. J Am Coll Nutr. 2009
Valentin Nadasan, Gabriella Gabos, Monica Tarcea and Zoltan Abram
, et al. Dietary variety within food groups: association with energy intake and body fatness in men and women. Am J Clin Nutr. 1999;69(3):440-447.
5. Mekary RA, Giovannucci E, Cahill L, et al. Eating patterns and type 2 diabetes risk in older women: breakfast consumption and eating frequency. Am J Clin Nutr. 2013;98(2):436-443.
6. Zizza CA. Healthy snacking recommendations: One size does not fit all. Physiol Behav. 2014;pii:S0031-9384(14)00051-1.
7. Johnson GH, Anderson GH. Snacking definitions: impact on interpretation
dangerous substance is acrolein, which is used as herbicide.
Acrolein could be responsible for COPD, asthma and lung cancer ( 9 ).
The list of effects is longer as a result of countless studies.
The impact of diet on smokers with different chronic respiratory diseases is also important. In managing COPD, many dietary options have been studied in order to find the best model. Higher intake of fruits and vegetables and vitamin C is associated with a slower forced expiratory volume in 1 second (FEV 1 ) decline rate ( 10 ). Better FEV 1 can be seen in an adequate
Amelia Tero-Vescan, Bianca-Eugenia Osz, Camil-Eugen Vari, Silvia Imre and Gabriel Hancu
of lipid sources fed to growing pigs. Animal Feed Science and Technology, 2015; http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.anifeedsci.2015.07.004
10. Miller ER, Ullrey DE. The pig as a model for human nutrition. Annu Rev Nutr. 1987;7:361-382.
11. Koopmans SJ, Schuurman T. Considerations on pig models for appetite, metabolic syndrome and obese type 2 diabetes: From food intake to metabolic disease. Eur J Pharmacol. 2015;759:231-239.
12. Whelan J, Gouffon J, Zhao Y. Effects of dietary stearidonic acid on biomarkers of lipid metabolism
1. World Health Organization. Health risks of heavy metals from long-range transboundary air pollution. Copenhagen: WHO; 2007.
2. Jaishankar M, Tseten T, Anbalagan N, et al. Toxicity, mechanism and health effects of some heavy metals. Interdiscip Toxicol 2014;7(2):60-72.
3. World Health Organization. Air Quality Guidelines for Europe. 2nd ed. Copenhagen: WHO; 2000.
4. Järup L. Hazards of heavy metal contamination. Br Med Bull 2003:68:167-82.
5. De Winter-Sorkina R, Bakker MI, van Donkersgoed G, et al. Dietaryintake of
measurements. J Bone Miner Res 2007;22(11): 1668-71.
74. Heaney RP, Dowell MS, Hale CA, Bendich A. Calcium absorption varies within the reference range for serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D. J Am Coll Nutr 2003;22(2):142-6.
75. Malabanan A, Veronikis IE, Holick MF. Redefining vitamin D insufficiency. Lancet 1998;351:805-6.
76. IOM (Institute of Medicine) (2010). Dietary Reference Intakes for Calcium and Vitamin D. Available at: http:// www.iom.edu/~/media/Files/Report%20Files/2010/Dietary-Reference-Intakes
Tsvetan Stefanov, Anna Vekova, Dimo Kurktschiev and Theodora Temelkova-Kurktschiev
epidemiological studies. Am J Clin Nutr 1982;36(5):936-42.
Stunkard AJ, Messick S. The three-factor eating questionnaire to measure dietary restraint, disinhibition and hunger. J Psychosom Res 1985;29(1):71-83.
de Lauzon B, Romon M, Deschamps V, et al. The Three-Factor Eating Questionnaire-R18 is able to distinguish among different eating patterns in a general population. J Nutr 2004;134(9):2372-80.
Stefanov Ts. The obesity epidemic - effect of physical activity. Sport and Science 2009