Marius Mihai Harpa, Ionela Movileanu, Leslie Neil Sierad, Ovidiu Simion Cotoi, Horatiu Suciu, Carmen Sircuta, Terezia Preda, Dan Nistor, Klara Branzaniuc, Radu Deac, Michael Dandel, Simona Gurzu, Lucian Harceaga, Peter Olah, Agneta Simionescu and Dan Simionescu
valves with tissue-engineered grafts. Tissue Eng Part A. 2013 Aug;19(15-16):1686-94. DOI: 10.1089/ten.tea.2012.0074
7. Tedder ME, Simionescu A, Chen J, Liao J, Simionescu DT. Assembly and testing of stem cell-seeded layered collagen constructs for heart valve tissue engineering. Tissue Eng Part A. 2011 Jan;17(1-2):25-36. DOI: 10.1089/ten.tea.2010.0138
8. Ku CH, Johnson PH, Batten P, Sarathchandra P, Chambers RC, Taylor PM, et al. Collagen synthesis by mesenchymal stem cells and aortic valve interstitial cells in response to mechanical stretch. Cardiovasc
Scheme R.4346. Oxford Forestry Institute, University of Oxford. Final Report. 136 pp.
D vorak , W. S., C. E. B alocchi and R. H. R aymond (1989): Performance and stability of provenances and families of Pinus tecunumanii in the tropics and subtropics. In: Proc. Of an IUFRO conference on Breeding Tropical Trees: Population Structure and Genetic Improvement Strategies in Clonal and seedling forestry. Pattaya, Thailand, 28 November – 3 December, 1988, pp 187–196.
D vorak , W. S., C. C. L ambeth and B. L i (1993): Genetic and site effects on stem
M. Giretová, Ľ. Medvecký, E. Petrovová, D. Čížková, D. Mudroňová and J. Danko
1. Barry, F. P., Murphy, J. M., 2004: Review Mesenchymal stem cells: clinical applications and biological characterization. Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol , 36, 568—584. DOI: 10.1016/j.biocel.2003.11.001.
2. Bornes, T. D., Jomha, N. M., Mulet-Sierra, A., Adesida, A. B., 2016: Optimal seeding densities for in vitro chondrogenesis of two- and three-dimensional-isolated and expanded bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stromal stem cells within a porous collagen scaffold. Tissue Engn. C: Methods , 22, 208— 220. DOI: 10.1089/ten.tec.2015
Krzysztof Janowicz, Paul Mozdziak, Artur Bryja, Bartosz Kempisty and Marta Dyszkiewicz-Konwińska
Isolation of stem cells allowed rapid development of research concerning process of regeneration, creating further possibilities in clinical trials. During past few decades, stem cell therapy revolutionized the area of personalized medicine, bringing plentiful approaches introduced to replace damaged or necrotic tissues into existence [ 1 ]. From the number of resources in the human body serving respectively generation, proliferation and differentiation of new stem cells, dental pulp (DP) containing dental pulp stem cells (DPSCs) are the focus of
Samir Ibrahim, Joanna Rybacka-Mossakowska and Sławomir Michalak
. Multilineage cells from human adipose tissue: implications for cell-based therapies. Tissue Eng. 2001;7(2):211.
26. Crisan M, Yap S, Casteilla L, Chen CW, Corselli M, Park TS. et al. A perivascular origin for mesenchymal stem cells in multiple human organs. Cell Stem Cell. 2008;3(3):301.
27. Bourin P, Bunnell BA, Casteilla L, Dominici M, Katz AJ, March KL et al. Stromal cells from the adipose tissue-derived stromal vascular fraction and culture expanded adipose tissue-derived stromal/stem cells: a joint statement of the International Federation for Adipose
J. R. Sherrill, T. J. Mullin, B. P. Bullock, S. E. Mckeand, R. C. Purnell, M. L. Gumpert and F. Isik
South Carolina piedmont. Forest Research Series No. 7. Clemson University. Clemson, South Carolina.
ISIK, F., K. ISIK and S. J. LEE (1999): Genetic variation in Pinus brutia in Turkey: I. Growth, Biomass and Stem Quality Traits. For. Gene. 6: 89-99.
LARSON, P. R. (1963): Stem form development of forest trees. Vol. 5. Society of American Foresters. Washington, DC. 42 p.
LOEHLE, C. and G. NAMKOONG (1987): Constraints on tree breeding: Growth tradeoffs, growth strategies, and defense investments. For. Sci. 33: 1089
Cristiano Ialongo, Alessia Francesca Mozzi and Sergio Bernardini
1. Lucarelli G, Isgro A, Sodani P, Gaziev J. Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in thalassemia and sickle cell anemia. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Med 2012; 2: a011825.
2. Russell JA, Kangarloo SB. Therapeutic drug monitoring of busulfan in transplantation. Curr Pharm Des 2008; 14: 1936-49.
3. Iwamoto T, Hiraku Y, Oikawa S, Mizutani H, Kojima M, Kawanishi S. DNA intrastrand cross-link at the 5’-GA-3’ sequence formed by busulfan and its role in the cytotoxic effect. Cancer Sci 2004; 95: 454
Ghosh P. Journal stem cell work ‘blocked’. BBC 2010; February 2. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8490291.stm) http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8490291.stm
Garfield E. Demand citation vigilance. Scientist 2002; 16: 6-7.
Goldberg DM. Is scientific publishing a criminal activity? Clin Biochem 2006; 39: 473-81.
Roll-Hansen N. The Lysenko effect: undermining the autonomy of science. Endeavour 2005; 29: 143-7.
Monbiot G. Climate change email scandal
Ondine Lucaciu, Dan Gheban, Olga Soriţau, Mihaela Băciuţ, Radu Septimiu Câmpian and Grigore Băciuţ
4. Shastri P. Future of Regenerative Medicine: Challenges and Hurdles. Artificial Organs. 2006;30(10):828-34. DOI: 10.1111/j.1525-1594.2006.00307.x
5. Polini A, Pisignano D, Parodi M, Quarto R, Scaglione S. Osteoinduction of human mesenchymal stem cells by bioactive composite scaffolds without supplemental osteogenic growth factors. PLoS One. 2011;6(10):e26211. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0026211 DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0026211
6. Firoozabadi R, Morsher S, Engelke K, Prevrhal S, Fierlinger A, Miclau T 3rd, Genant HK. Qualitative and
Erzsébet Domokos, Lilla Laura Csősz, Béla Darkó and László Jakab-Farkas
Recent studies have shown that vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizae stimulate plant growth in case of Artemisia annua plants. According to these studies mycorrhization can enhance plant height and biomasses, shoot branching and inter-nodal length, foliar glandular hair density, and nutrient status of shoots and leafs. Contradictory data were obtained in case of leaf chlorophyll content and photosynthetic rate. The effects of vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizae on roots, shoots and leafs anatomy of A. annua have not been studied yet. The aim of this paper was to compare the microscopic characteristics of the vegetative organs from the Artemisia annua plants treated with vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizae, with those from the control plants. Rhizophagus irregularis influenced the development of vascular tissues in root and stem of Artemisia plants by increasing their surface in the organs. Mycorrhization also reduced the percentage of lignification in the cortex of the root, increased the percentage of palisade parenchyma in leaf and had a positive effect on foliar glandular hair density. Further investigations are necessary to find out the role of these histo-anatomic alterations in the growth and development of Artemisia plants.