Cristiano Ialongo, Alessia Francesca Mozzi and Sergio Bernardini
1. Lucarelli G, Isgro A, Sodani P, Gaziev J. Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in thalassemia and sickle cell anemia. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Med 2012; 2: a011825.
2. Russell JA, Kangarloo SB. Therapeutic drug monitoring of busulfan in transplantation. Curr Pharm Des 2008; 14: 1936-49.
3. Iwamoto T, Hiraku Y, Oikawa S, Mizutani H, Kojima M, Kawanishi S. DNA intrastrand cross-link at the 5’-GA-3’ sequence formed by busulfan and its role in the cytotoxic effect. Cancer Sci 2004; 95: 454
Ghosh P. Journal stem cell work ‘blocked’. BBC 2010; February 2. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8490291.stm) http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8490291.stm
Garfield E. Demand citation vigilance. Scientist 2002; 16: 6-7.
Goldberg DM. Is scientific publishing a criminal activity? Clin Biochem 2006; 39: 473-81.
Roll-Hansen N. The Lysenko effect: undermining the autonomy of science. Endeavour 2005; 29: 143-7.
Monbiot G. Climate change email scandal
Ondine Lucaciu, Dan Gheban, Olga Soriţau, Mihaela Băciuţ, Radu Septimiu Câmpian and Grigore Băciuţ
4. Shastri P. Future of Regenerative Medicine: Challenges and Hurdles. Artificial Organs. 2006;30(10):828-34. DOI: 10.1111/j.1525-1594.2006.00307.x
5. Polini A, Pisignano D, Parodi M, Quarto R, Scaglione S. Osteoinduction of human mesenchymal stem cells by bioactive composite scaffolds without supplemental osteogenic growth factors. PLoS One. 2011;6(10):e26211. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0026211 DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0026211
6. Firoozabadi R, Morsher S, Engelke K, Prevrhal S, Fierlinger A, Miclau T 3rd, Genant HK. Qualitative and
Erzsébet Domokos, Lilla Laura Csősz, Béla Darkó and László Jakab-Farkas
Recent studies have shown that vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizae stimulate plant growth in case of Artemisia annua plants. According to these studies mycorrhization can enhance plant height and biomasses, shoot branching and inter-nodal length, foliar glandular hair density, and nutrient status of shoots and leafs. Contradictory data were obtained in case of leaf chlorophyll content and photosynthetic rate. The effects of vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizae on roots, shoots and leafs anatomy of A. annua have not been studied yet. The aim of this paper was to compare the microscopic characteristics of the vegetative organs from the Artemisia annua plants treated with vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizae, with those from the control plants. Rhizophagus irregularis influenced the development of vascular tissues in root and stem of Artemisia plants by increasing their surface in the organs. Mycorrhization also reduced the percentage of lignification in the cortex of the root, increased the percentage of palisade parenchyma in leaf and had a positive effect on foliar glandular hair density. Further investigations are necessary to find out the role of these histo-anatomic alterations in the growth and development of Artemisia plants.
-felling. For. Ecol. Manage. 177 : 65–74.
E liasson , N. (2003): Effects of pre-commercial thinning time and stem density on the amount of juvenile wood in Scots pine. Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Silviculture, Umeå, Sweden, Examensarbeten 2003:10, MSc-thesis.
F ries , A. and T. E ricsson (2006): Estimating genetic parameters for wood density of Scots pine ( Pinus sylvestris L.). Silvae Genet. 55 : 84–92.
F ries , A. and T. E ricsson (2009): Genetic parameters for earlywood and latewood densities and development by
. LINDGREN (1998): Predicting Genetic Gain of Backward and Forward Selection in Forest Tree Breeding. Silvae Genet. 47: 42-50.
SAS Inst. Inc. (1999): SAS OnlineDoc® version eight, SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA, http://v8doc.sas.com/sashtml.
SCHERMANN, N., W. T. ADAMS, S. N. AITKEN and J. CH. BASTIEN (1997): Genetic Parameters of Stem Form Traits in a 9-Year-Old Coastal Douglas-fir Progeny Test in Washington. Silvae Genet. 46: 166-170.
SILEN R. R., D. L. OLSON and J. C. WEBER (1993): Genetic variation in susceptibility to
, Lima, Peru. 73 p.
SOTELO MONTES, C., H. VIDAURRE and J. C. WEBER (2003): Variation in stem-growth and branch-wood traits among provenances of Calycophyllum spruceanum Benth. from the Peruvian Amazon. New Forests 26: 1-16.
STEARNS, S. C. (1989): The evolutionary significance of phenotypic plasticity. Biological Science 39: 436-45.
STERN, R. D., R. COE, E. F. ALLAN and I. C. DALE (Eds.) (2004): Good Statistical Practice for Natural Resources Research. CABI Publishing, CAB International, Wallingford, U.K. 388 p
Anatoliy Mazurkevych, Mykola Malyuk, Natalia Bezdieniezhnykh, Lyubov Starodub, Yuriy Kharkevych, Evgen Brusko, Magdalena Gryzińska and Andrzej Jakubczak
1. Andraszek K., Gryzinska M., Danielewicz A., Batkowska J., Smalec E.: Age-dependent stability of nucleoli and global DNA methylation level in spermatocytes of the domestic horse (Equus caballus). Can J Anim Sci 2016, 96, 215–220.
2. Barberini D.J., Freitas N.P., Magnoni M.S., Maia L., Listoni A.J., Heckler M.C., Sudano M.J., Golim M.A., da Cruz Landim-Alvarenga F., Amorim RM.: Equine mesenchymal stem cells from bone marrow, adipose tissue and umbilical cord: immunophenotypic characterization and differentiation potential. Stem Cell Res
Cytogenetic Nomenclature. Basel, Switzerland: 2013: 78-79.
20. Kekre N, Ho VT. Allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for myelofibrosis and chronic myelomonocytic leukemia. Am J Hematol. 2015 Nov;91(1):123-30. DOI: 10.1002/ajh.24215.
21. Symeonidis A, van Biezen A, de Wreede L, Piciocchi A, Finke J, Beelen D, et al. Achievement of complete remission predicts outcome of allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplantation in patients with chronic myelomonocytic leukaemia. A study of the chronic malignancies working party of the