, Wesson DE, Wolman SL, Stewart S, Whitewell J, et al. Nutritional assessment: a comparison of clinical judgement and objective measurements. N Engl J Med 1982; 306: 969–72.
8. Kalantar-Zadeh K, Kopple JD, Block G. A malnutrition inflammation score is correlated with morbidity and mortality in maintenance hemodialysis patients. Am J Kidney Dis 2001; 38: 1251–63.
9. Tonelli M, Sacks F, Pfeffer M, Jhangri GS, Curhan G: Biomarkers of inflammation and progression of chronic kidney disease. Kidney Int 2005; 68: 237–45.
10. Kopple JD: Nutritional status as a
Iva Perović Blagojević, Svetlana Ignjatović, Djuro Macut, Jelena Kotur-Stevuljević, Ivana Božić-Antić, Jelena Vekić, Jelica Bjekić-Macut, Biljana Kastratović-Kotlica, Zoran Andrić and Dušan Ilić
, Jelić-Ivanović Z, Stefanović A, Gojković T, Joksić J et al. Oxidative stress and paraoxonase 1 status in acute ischemic stroke patients. Atherosclerosis 2015; 241: 192–8.
24. Veglia F, Cighetti G, De Franceschi M, Zingaro L, Boccotti L, Tremoli E et al. Age- and gender-related oxidative status determined in healthy subjects by means of OXY-SCORE, a potential new comprehensive index. Bio-markers 2006; 11: 562–73.
25. Talbott E, Clerici A, Berga SL, Kuller L, Guzick D, Detre K et al. Adverse lipid and coronary heart disease risk profiles in young women with
Dragan Panic, Andreja Todorovic, Milica Stanojevic and Violeta Iric Cupic
. Konstantinides SV, Torbicki A, Agnelli G et al. 2014 ESC Guidelines on the diagnosis and management of acute pulmonary embolism. Eur Heart J 2014; 35: 3033-3069.
8. Di Marca S. Comparison of Wells and Revised Geneva Rule to Assess Pretest Probability of Pulmonary Embolism in High-Risk Hospitalized Elderly Adults. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2015; 63(6): 1091-7.
9. Shen JH, Chen HL, Chen JR, Xing JL, Gu P, Zhu BF. Comparison of the Wells score with the revised Geneva score for assessing suspected pulmonary embolism: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J
Diana Aniela Moldovan, Maria Despina Baghiu, Alina Balas and Sorana Teodora Truta
febrile children younger than 3 years old. Acad Emerg Med. 2014;21:171-9.
15. Nijman RG, Vergouwe Y, Thompson M, et al. Clinical prediction model to aid emergency doctors managing febrile children at risk of serious bacterial infections: diagnostic study. BMJ. 2013:346:f1706.
16. Galetto-Lacour A, Zamora SA, Gervaix A. A score identifying serious bacterial infections in children with fever without source. Pediatr Infect Dis. 2008;27:654-6.
17. Galetto-Lacour A, Zamora SA, Andreola B, et al. Validation of a laboratory index score for the identification of severe
19. ALEXANDER KP, SHAW LJ, SHAW LK, DELONG ER, MARK DB, PETERSON ED. Value of exercise treadmill testing in women . J Am Coll Cardiol. 1998; 32 :1657-64.
20. KLIGFIELD P, LAUER MS. Exercise electrocardiogram testing: beyond the ST segment. Circulation. 2006; 114 :2070–2082.
21. MARK DB, SHAW L, HARRELL FE JR, LEE KL, BENGTSON JR, MCCANTS CB, et al. Prognostic value of a treadmill exercise score in outpatients with suspected coronary artery disease. N Engl J Med. 1991; 325 :849–853.
22. GULATI M, ARNSDORF MF, SHAW LJ, PANDEY DK, THISTED RA
Astra Zviedre, Arnis Eņģelis, Pēteris Tretjakovs, Irisa Zīle and Aigars Pētersons
Bachur, R. G., Hennelly, K., Callahan, M. J., Chen, C., Monuteaux, M. C. (2012). Diagnostic imaging and negative appendectomy rates in children: Effects of age and gender. Pediatrics , 129 (5), 877–884.
Cobben, L. P., Otterloo, A. M., Puylaert, J. B. (2000). Spontaneously resolving appendicitis: Frequency and natural history in 60 patients. Radiology, 215 (2), 349–352.
Dingemann, J., Ure, B. (2012). Imaging and the use of scores for the diagnosis of appendicitis in children. Eur. J. Pediatr. Surg., 22 (3), 195
. Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, 59, 119-126.
3. Bernabucci, U., Ronchi, B., Lacetera, N., Nardone, A., 2005: Influence of body condition score on relationships between metabolic status and oxidative stress in periparturient dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci., 88, 2017-2026.
4. Block, S. S., Butler, W. R., Ehrhardt, R. A., Bell, A. W., Van Amburgh, M. E., Boisclair, Y. R., 2001: Decreased concentration of plasma leptin in periparturient dairy cows is caused by negative energy balance. J. Endocrinol., 171, 339-48.
5. Bradford, B. J
Vasil G. Marinov, Desislava N. Koleva-Georgieva, Nelly P. Sivkova and Maya B. Krasteva
screening programs. Pediatrics 2005;115(5):e518-e525.
4. Gui-Shuang Y, Graham EQ, Kelly CW, et al. Predictors for development of referral-warranted retinopathy of prematurity in the telemedicine approaches to evaluating acute-phase retinopathy of prematurity (e-ROP) study. JAMA Ophthalmol 2015;133(3):304-11.
5. Eckert GU, Fortes Filho JB, Maia M, et al. A predictive score for retinopathy of prematurity in very low birth weight preterm infants. Eye 2012(26):400-6.
6. Binenbaum G, Ying GS, Quinn GE, et al. The CHOP postnatal
Hatice Esra Çolakoğlu, Murat Onur Yazlık, Mert Pekcan, Ufuk Kaya, Cihan Kaçar, Mehmet Rıfat Vural, Serdal Kurt, Merve Menekse Yildirim, Ahmet Bas and Şükrü Küplülü
metabolic processes during the transition period to produce good quality colostrum and subsequently milk ( 31 ). Most cows suffer from clinical or subclinical hypocalcaemia during the first days of lactation, and total plasma calcium levels reach their physiological level 2 to 3 days after parturition ( 17 , 32 ). Clinical or subclinical hypocalcaemia negatively affects energy metabolism and the immune status of cows and a variable degree of Ca insufficiency impairs leukocyte activity ( 24 ).
The body condition score (BCS) is a useful and simple method to assess an