Biserka Simčič, Mircha Poldrugovac and Dorjan Marušič
: Cambridge University Press, 2009.
Shaw CD, Kutryba B, Braithwaite J, Bedlicki M, Warunek A. Sustainable healthcare accreditation: messages from Europe in 2009. Int J Qual Health Care 2010; 22(5): 341-50.
Shaw CD. External quality mechanisms for health care: summary of the ExPeRT project on visitatie, accreditation, EFQM and ISO assessment in EuropeanUnion countries. Int J Qual Health Care 2000; 12(3): 169-75.
Shaw CD, Groene O, Mora N, Sunol R. Accreditation and ISO certification: do they
Mateja Rok Simon, Sonja Tomšič, Jožica Šelb Šemerl, Petra Nadrag, Barbara Mihevc Ponikvar, Darja Lavtar, Aleš Korošec and Tatjana Kofol Bric
and proposals for measurement of health inequalities in the EuropeanUnion. European Commission, 2011.
17. Efron B, Tibshirani R. Bootstrap methods for standard errors, confidence intervals, and other measures of statistical accuracy. Stat Sci 1986; 1: 54-75.
18. Cleveland WS, Devlin SJ. Locally-weighted regression: an approach to regression analysis by local fitting. J Am Stat Assoc 1988; 83: 596-610.
19. Muntaner C, Borrell C, Benach J, Pasarin I, Fernandez E. The associations of social class and social
Rositsa Tsvetanova Dimova, Donka Dimitrova Dimitrova, Rumiana Gencheva Stoyanova, Boriana Angelova Levterova, Nikolay Georgiev Atanasov and Radost Spiridonova Assenova
1. Mandel JS, Church TR, Bond JH, Ederer F, Geisser MS, Mongin SJ, et al. The effect of fecal occult-blood screening on the incidence of CRC. N Engl J Med 2000; 343: 1603-7.
2. Cancer screening in the EuropeanUnion: report on the implementation of the Council. Available Jan 14, 2014 from: http://ec.europa.eu/health/ph_determinants/genetics/documents/cancer_screening.pdf
3. Haug U, Hundt S, Brenner H. Quantitative immunochemical fecal occult blood testing for colorectal adenoma detection: evaluation
, 2010, Slovenia; Technical Report. Gallup Europe, 2010.
15. Bullers S. Women’s roles and health: the mediating effect of perceived control. Women Health 1994; 22: 11 - 30.
16. Fagan C, Burchell, B. Gender, jobs and working conditions in the EuropeanUnion. Luxembourg: Office for Official Publications of the EC, 2002.
17. Kalleberg AL. Non-standard employment relations: part-time, temporary and contract work, Ann Rev Soc 2000; 26: 341 - 365.
18. Whittock MC, Edwards S, McLaren O. The tender trap: gender
Mario Fafangel, Veronika Učakar, Marko Vudrag, Ingrid Berce and Alenka Kraigher
. Juneja VK, Porto-Fett ACS, Gartner K, Tufft L, Luchansky JB. Potential for growth of Clostridium perfringens from spores in pork scrapple during cooling. Foodborne Pathog Dis 2010; 7: 153-7.
20. The European Parlament and the Council of the EuropeanUnion. Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2004 on the hygiene of foodstuffs. Available January 02, 2012 from: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2004:139:0001:0054:EN:PDF.
21. Berry PR, Rodhouse JC, Hughes S
Agripina Rașcu, Paraschiva Postolache, Doina Carmen Mazilu and Marina Ruxandra Oțelea
1. Kirwan M. Bedside Rationing of Nursing Care: a EuropeanUnion Response. NERP 2016;6(2):31-2.
2. Kalisch BJ, Landstrom GL, Hinshaw AS. Missed nursing care: a concept analysis. J Adv Nurs. 2009;65(7):1509–17.
3. Jones TL, Hamilton P, Murry N. Unfinished nursing care, missed care, and implicitly rationed care: State of the science review. Int J Nursing Stud. 2015;52:1121–37.
4. Schubert M, Glass Tr,Clarke SP, Aiken LH, Schaffert-Witvliet B, Sloane DM, De Geest S. Rationing of Nursing care and its relationship to patient outcomes
Lucia Maria Lotrean, Edna Arillo Santillan, James Thrasher and Valeria Laza
-cultural changes, which led, in 2007, to the admission of Romania into the EuropeanUnion. Along with these socio-economic changes, the health risk behaviours of Romanian young people, such as illicit drug use, also suffered several changes ( 10 - 12 ). National representative studies carried out by the National Agency against drugs in Romania, show that the prevalence of illicit drug use during lifetime among the general population older than 15 years increased from 1.7% to 4.3% from 2007 to 2010. The highest prevalence at both time points were among the age group 15-24 years
Małgorzata Palka, Anna Krztoń-Królewiecka, Tomasz Tomasik, Bohumil Seifert, Ewa Wójtowicz and Adam Windak
, Jemal A, Smith RA, Ward E. Worldwide variations in colorectal cancer. CA Cancer J Clin 2009; 59: 366-78.
9. Seifert B, Svab I, Madis T, Kersnik J, Windak A, Steflova A et al. Perspectives of family medicine in Central and Eastern Europe. Fam Pract 2008; 25: 113-8.
10. Rechel B, McKee M. Health reform in Central and Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union. Lancet 2009; 374: 1186-95.
11. Albreht T, Klazinga N. Privatisation of health care in Slovenia in the period 1992-2008. Health Policy 2009; 90: 262
Vesna Zadnik, Elodie Guillaume, Katarina Lokar, Tina Žagar, Maja Primic Žakelj, Guy Launoy and Ludivine Launay
). They suggested a method for constructing a country-specific ecological deprivation index that best reflects individual experience of deprivation by using the EuropeanUnion Statistics on Income and Living Conditions survey (EU-SILC) and selects ecological variables from national censuses that are most closely related to the individual deprivation indicator specific for each country. The procedure can be used to construct an ecological deprivation index using the smallest available geographical levels in a replicable way for all EuropeanUnion members. So far, the EDI
18. Herndon DN. Total burn care. 1st ed. London: Sunders, 1996.
19. Wilmore DW, Mason AD, Johnson DW, Pruitt BA. Effect of ambient temperature on heat production and heat loss in burn patients. J Appl Physiol 1975; 38: 593-597.
20. Directive 2012/27/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 October 2012 on energy efficiency, amending Directives 2009/125/EC and 2010/30/EU and repealing Directives 2004/8/EC and 2006/32/EC. Brussels: EuropeanUnion Law, 2012.
21. Directive 2010/31/EU of the European