Nedjeljko Karabasil, Tamara Bošković, Igor Tomašević, Dragan Vasilev, Mirjana Dimitrijević, Nenad Katanić and Dragan Antić
-sized enterprises. Official Journal of the European Communities 2003, L124(2003): 36-41.
10. Census of Agriculture 2012 in the Republic of Serbia – First results (Supported by the EU). Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia 2013.
11. Law on Veterinary Matters, Official Gazette of the Republic of Serbia, No. 91/05, 30/10 and 93/12, 2005.
12. Law on Food safety, Official Gazzete Republic of Serbia, No. 41/09.
13. Ordinance on the general conditions of food hygiene. Official Gazette of the Republic of Serbia, No. 73/10.
14. Ordinance on general
Hai-Feng Liu, Hui Li, Ge Bai, Qian-Zhen Zhang, Xiang-Gao, Tao Liu and Hong-Bin Wang
(WBC) and red blood cell (RBC) counts and was performed immediately after sample collection with an MEK-7222K haematology analyser (Nihon Kohden Corporation, Japan). Serum was stored at −80°C after centrifugation.
A total of 300 mg of xylocaine was injected intravenously for euthanasia after general anaesthesia with xylazine and ketamine hydrochloride at 13 weeks, or earlier if a serious complication occurred.
Histopathological examination. Tissue was collected from the caudal pole of the remnant kidney. The renal tissue was fixed in 10% buffered formalin
, K.J., Hammond, A.J., Laird, M., Hunter, M.G., Mann, G.E. (2009). Angiogenesis and vascular function in the ovary. Reproduction 138, 869-881. https://doi.org/10.1530/REP-09-0283 PMid:19786399
12. Sack, U., Hoffmann, M., Zhao, X.J., Chan, K.S., Hui, D.S.C., Gosse, H., Engelmann, L., Schauer, J., Emmrich, F., Hoheisel, G. (2005). Vascular endothelial growth factor in pleural effusions of different origin. Eur Respir J. 25, 600-604. https://doi.org/10.1183/09031936.05.00037004 PMid:15802331
13. Bekes, I., Thomas, W.P.F., Tanja, K., Volker, M., Wolfgang
Martin Nikolovski, Monika Dovenska, Ksenija Ilievska, Nikola Adamov, Branko Atanasov, Miroslav Radeski, Daniela Kirovski, Vladimir Petkov and Toni Dovenski
1. Salamon, S., Maxwell, W.M. (2000). Storage of ram semen. Animal Reproduction Science 62(1-3): 77-111. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-4320(00)00155-X
2. De Paz, P., Mata-Campuzano, M., Tizado, E.J., Álvarez, M., Álvarez-Rodríguez, M., Herraez, P., Anel, L. (2011). The relationship between ram sperm head morphometry and fertility depends on the procedures of acquisition and analysis used. Theriogenology 76(7): 1313-1325. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.theriogenology.2011.05.038 PMid:21798583
3. Maroto-Morales, A., Ramón, M., García
Kai K. Komine Y. Komine K. Asai K. Kuroishi T. Kozutsumi T. Itagaki M. Ohta M. Kumagai K. Effects of bovine lactoferrin by the intramammary infusion in cows with staphylococcal mastitis during the early non-lactating period J Vet Med Sci 2002 64 873 878
9 Lasagno M., Ortiz M., Vissio C., Yaciuk R., Bonetto C., Pellegrino M., Bogni C., Odierno L., Raspanti C.: Pathogenesis and inflammatory response in experimental caprine mastitis due to Staphylococcus chromogenes Microb Pathog 2018, 116, 146–152. 10.1016/j
25.79 ± 2.42 b
29.46 ± 0.82 b
42.27 ± 1.16 a
42.39 ± 2.46 a
GST (U/mg protein)
23.19 ± 0.84 a
21.05 ± 0.80 ab
14.96 ± 0.84 c
13.87 ± 1.02 c
21.03 ± 0.90 ab
19.97 ± 1.19 b
SOD (U/g protein)
77.49 ± 0.25 a
77.19 ± 0.31 ab
74.18 ± 0.22 c
73.00 ± 0.58 c
76.10 ± 0.27 ab
75.83 ± 0.81 b
The data are expressed as mean ± SE for seven animals per group. Within rows, means with different letters (a, b, and c) are significantly different (p < 0.001)
Plasma AST, ALT, ALP, and LDH activities and cholesterol levels
, and tolfenamic acid were tested at concentrations of 0.05, 0.1, 0.5, 1, 5, 10, and 20 μg/ml, while carprofen and ketoprofen assay concentrations were the same and additionally 40μg/ml. The concentrations in which these compounds were tested were established based on those in the literature ( 20 ), the maximum concentrations they reach in canine serum, and the permissible maximum non-cytotoxic solvent concentration. As a positive control, non-treated cells were used, and as a negative control, cells were challenged with doxorubicin at a concentration of 0.5 μg
Natalia Mazur-Panasiuk, Jacek Żmudzki and Grzegorz Woźniakowski
uptake of flies fed ASFV-infected blood.
ASFV resistance and stability have attracted the interest of numerous investigators over the years ( 5 , 7 , 10 , 23 , 26 , 27 , 28 , 41 , 42 , 47 ). It has been proved that ASFV shows high resistance to environmental conditions and remains infectious over a long storage time either below 0°C or at 4°C. The curing process of infected meat (a process like that which Parma, Iberian, or Serrano ham undergoes) facilitated survival of ASFV in ham for over a year ( 28 ). ASFV can survive many freeze–thaw cycles, and