chemotherapy: performance status, serum albumin level, blood urea nitrogen (BUN) level, serum creatinine (Scr) level, Ccr, estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR), blood glucose level, hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) level, systolic blood pressure, diastolic blood pressure, and concomitant medication. The urine volume on the day of chemotherapy and the total urine volume obtained in 5 days, starting on the day of chemotherapy were recorded. We also examined the administration method and dosage of each anticancer agent during each course of treatment and investigated the reason
Viviana Elian, Cristian Panaite, Dan Cheta and Cristian Serafinceanu
loss with or without exercise training on large artery compliance in healthy obese men. J Hypertens 17: 1831-1835, 1999.
12. Aucott L, Poobalan A, Smith WC, Avenell A, Jung R, Broom J. Effects of weight loss in overweight/obese individuals and long-term hypertension outcomes : A Systematic Review. Hypertension 45: 1035-1041, 2005.
13. Elobeid MA, Padilla MA, McVie T et al. Missing data in randomized clinical trials for weight loss: scope of the problem, state of the field, and performance of statistical methods. PLoS ONE 4: e
Rucsandra Dănciulescu Miulescu, Denisa Margină, Anca Ungurianu, Roxana Irina Roșca, Alina Nicolau and Andrada Doina Mihai
10. Hogervorst E, Huppert F, Matthews FE, Brayne C. Thyroid function and cognitive decline in the MRC funded cognitive function and ageing study. Psychoneuroendocrinology 33: 1013–1022, 2008.
11. van Boxtel MPJ, Menheere PPCA, Bekers O, Hogervorst E, Jolles J. Thyroid function, depressed mood, and cognitive performance in older individuals: the Maastricht aging study. Psychoneuroendocrinology 29: 891–898, 2004.
12. Umegaki H. Type 2 diabetes as a risk factor for cognitive impairment: current insights. Clin Interv Aging 9: 1011
Nidhi Takkar, Jai Prakash Takkar, R Padmakumar, Navin A Patil, Karthik N Rao and Dipanjan Bhattacharje
vaccination on platelet activation and cardiac autonomic function. J Intern Med 269: 118-125, 2011.
13. Bruce RA, Pearson R, Lovejoy Jr. FW, Yu PNG, Brothers GB. Variability of respiratory and circulatory performance during standardized exercise. J Clin Invest 28: 1431–1438, 1949.
14. Watanabe J, Thamilarasan M, Blackstone EH, Thomas JD, Lauer MS. Heart rate recovery immediately after treadmill exercise and left ventricular systolic dysfunction as predictors of mortality: the case of stress echocardiography. Circulation 104: 1911-1916, 2001.
Mirela Tache, Sandra Milena Tocut and Carmen Dobjanschi
. Relationships between hyperglycemia and cognitive performance among adults with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care 28: 71-77, 2005.
6. Cukierman-Yaffe T, Gerstein HC, Williamson JD et al. Relationship between baseline glycemic control and cognitive function in individuals with type 2 diabetes and other cardiovascular risk factors: the action to control cardiovascular risk in diabetes-memory in diabetes (ACCORD-MIND) trial. Diabetes Care 32: 221-226, 2009.
7. Lam RW. Introduction. In: Depression. Lam RW (ed). Oxford University Press
Raluca Costina Dina, Maria Moţa, Iulia Vladu and Ciprian A. Dina
, Marcellin P, Dhumeaux D, Trinchet JC, Beaugrand M. Noninvasive assessment of liver fibrosis by measurement of stiffness in patients with chronic hepatitis C. Hepatology , 41(1): 48-54, 2005.
8. Friedrich-Rust M, Ong MF, Martens S, Sarrazin C, Bojunga J, Zeuzem S, Herrmann E: Performance of transient elastography for the staging of liver fibrosis: a meta-analysis . Gastroenterology 134(4): 960-74. 2008.
9. M Yoneda, K Fujita, M Inamori, A Nakajima, M Yoneda, M Tamano, and H Hiraishi. Transient elastography in patients with non
Raluca-Iulia Juncar, Mihai Juncar, Florin-Onişor Gligor and Amorin-Remus Popa
normal occlusion using FEA. Altair Technology Conference, India, 2013.
11. Boven GC, Raghoebar GM, Vissink A, Meijer HJ. Improving masticatory performance, bite force, nutritional state and patient's satisfaction with implant overdentures: a systematic review of the literature. J Oral Rehabil 42: 220-233, 2015.
12. Kaul AS, Goyal D. Bite force comparison of implant-retained mandibular overdentures with conventional complete dentures: an in vivo study. International Journal of Oral Implantology & Clinical Research 2: 140-144, 2011
biomarkers can provide valuable insight into risk stratification for the vulnerable patients. Furthermore, biomarkers could also function as molecular phenotyping tools that could be used to guide clinical intervention. However, the effective use of biomarkers requires an understanding of their strengths, limitations and individual performance characteristics. This manuscript will review the role of a variety of biomarkers in AKI management, and discuss how they can be used in current clinical practice.
The Role Of Biomarkers in AKI Risk Stratification
Anca Ungurianu, Rucsandra Dănciulescu Miulescu and Denisa Margină
activation during the performance of a front plank exercise. J Strength Cond Res 28: 3049-3055, 2014.
13. Fong SS, Tam YT, Macfarlane DJ et al . Core muscle activity during TRX suspension exercises with and without kinesiology taping in adults with chronic low back pain: Implications for rehabilitation. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2015: 910168, 2015.
14. Mikami T, Sumida S, Ishibashi Y, Ohta S . Endurance exercise training inhibits activity of plasma GOT and liver caspase-3 of mice [correction of rats] exposed to stress by induction of heat shock
Deepak Jain, Pulkit Chhabra and Hari Krishan Aggarwal
1. Bermúdez Menéndez de la Granda M, Sinclair AJ . Fatty acids and obesity. Curr Pharm De 15: 4117–4125, 2009.
2. Zygler A, Wasik A, Kot-Wasik AK, Namiesnik J . Determination of nine high-intensity sweeteners in various foods by high-performance liquid chromatography with mass spectrometric detection. Anal Bioanal Chem 400: 2159–2172, 2011.
3. Unwin N, Whiting D, Guariguata L, Ghyoot G, Gan D (Eds) . International Diabetes Federation, Diabetes Atlas. Fifth Edition, International Diabetes Federation, Brussels, Belgium:11–74. 2011