This study presents the nano-sized particle emission characteristics from a small turbocharged common rail diesel engine applicable to prime and auxiliary machines on marine vessels. The experiments were conducted under dynamic engine operating conditions, such as steady-state, cold start, and transient conditions. The particle number and size distributions were analyzed with a high resolution PM analyzer. The diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) had an insignificant effect on the reduction in particle number, but particle number emissions were drastically reduced by 3 to 4 orders of magnitude downstream of the diesel particulate filter (DPF) at various steady conditions. Under high speed and load conditions, the particle filtering efficiency was decreased by the partial combustion of trapped particles inside the DPF because of the high exhaust temperature caused by the increased particle number concentration. Retarded fuel injection timing and higher EGR rates led to increased particle number emissions. As the temperature inside the DPF increased from 25 °C to 300 °C, the peak particle number level was reduced by 70% compared to cold start conditions. High levels of nucleation mode particle generation were found in the deceleration phases during the transient tests.
Theresa Rienmüller, Michael Hofbaur, Louise Travé-Massuyès and Mehdi Bayoudh
Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part A: Systems and Humans 4 (5): 917-931. de Freitas, N. (2002). Rao-Blackwellised particlefiltering for fault diagnosis, Proceedings of the IEEE Aerospace Conference 2002, Big Sky, MT, USA , Vol. 4, pp. 1767-1772.
Dearden, R. and Clancy, D. (2002). Particlefilters for real-time fault detection in planetary rovers, 13th International Workshop on Principles of Diagnosis, DX02, Semmering, Austria , pp. 1-6.
Georges, J.-P., Theilliol, D., Cocquempot, V., Ponsart, J.-C. and Aubrun, C. (2011
Ivelina Stefanova Balabanova, Georgi Ivanov Georgiev, Stanimir Michaylov Sadinov and Stela Savova Kostadinova
Mining , Sydney, NSW, pp.334-343, 2010.
 D. Lowd and J. Davis, “Improving Markov Network Structure Learning Using Decision Trees”, Journal of Machine Learning Research (JMLR) , no.15, pp.501-532, 2014.
 B. Lakshminarayanan, D. Roy and Y. The, “Top-Down ParticleFiltering for Bayesian Decision Trees”, Proceedings of the 30th International Conference on Machine Learning , Atlanta, Georgia, USA, JMLR: W&CP, vol.28, pp.1-9, 2013.
 D. Bacciu, “Hidden Tree Markov Networks: Deep and Wide Learning for Structured Data”, Proceedings of the IEEE
of Defense Technology, 2004.
8. Kjetil Bergh Anonsen, Ove Kent Hagen. Recent developments in the HUGIN AUV terrain navigation system, OCEANS, Vol. 9, pp. 1-7, 2011.
9. Nordlund, P.J. and Gustafsson, F., Marginalized particlefilter for accurate and reliable terrain-aided navigation, Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 1385-1399, 2009.
10. Marvin, W., Roe, M.E., and Trenchard, M.C.L., Integrating vector overlay information into naval digital map systems. IEEE/AIAA 30th Digital Avionics Systems
-1963, September 2004
 D.M. Gavrila, V. Philomin, Real-time Object Detection for Smart Vehicles, Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision, Kerkyra, Greece, pp. 87-93, 1999
 B.K.P. Horn, B.G. Schunck, Determining optical flow, Artificial Intelligence, Vol 17, pp 185-203, 1981
 I. Laptev, T Lindeberg, Tracking of Multi-state Hand Models Using ParticleFiltering and a Hierarchy of Multi-scale Image Features, In Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Scale-Space and Morphology in Computer Vision
15. Demkowicz J.: ParticleFilter Modification using Kalman Optimal Filtering Method as Applied to Road Detection from Satellite Images. MIKON 2014, 20th International Conference on Microwaves, Radar and Wireless Communications.
16. Analog Devices Technical Articles. (source: www.analog.com).
17. Seatex MRU Calibration Certificate, Kongsberg Gruppen
18. Seube N., Levilly S., de Jong K.: Automatic Estimation of Boresight Angles Between IMU and Multi-Beam Echo Sounder Systems, Quantitative Monitoring of the Underwater
Piotr Kuryło, Elena Pivarčiová, Joanna Cyganiuk and Peter Frankovský
 Kuryło, P., Cyganiuk, J., Tertel, E., Frankovský, P. (2016). Machine vision investigate the trajectory of the motion human body – review of the methods. Acta Mechatronica , 1 (2), 7–13.
 Deutscher, J., Blake, A., Reid, I. (2000). Articulated body motion capture by annealed particlefiltering. In Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition . IEEE, 126–133.
 Schmidt, J., Fritsch, J., Kwolek, B. (2006). Kernel particlefilter for real-time 3D body tracking in monocular color images. In Proceedings of
 Dean, N. (2011) Shoe insoles with flexible inserts. Patent US20110162234 A1. USA
 Deeds, W.E. (1992). Charging apparatus for meltblown webs. Patent US5122048 (A). USA.
 Dutkiewicz, J. (2002). Superabsorbent materials from shellfish waste - A review. Journal of Biomedical Material Research, 63(3), 245–381.
 EN 13274-3:2001. Respiratory protective devices - Methods of test - Determination of breathing resistance
 EN 13274-7:2008. Respiratory protective devices - methods of test - part 7: determination of particlefilter
1. Uyen, H. S. V., J. W. Jeon. Combine Kalman Filter and ParticleFilter to Improve Color Tracking Algorithm. - In: Proc. of International Conference on Control, Automation and Systems 2007, 558-561.
2. Anati, R., D. Scar amu z z a, K. G. Derpanis, K. Daniilidis. Robot Localization Using Soft Object Detection. - In: Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA’2012), 2012, 4992-4999.
3. Ivanjko, E., M. Uasak, I. Petrovic. Kalman Filter Theory Based Mobile Robot Pose Tracking
Conference on Control and Automation (MED.07), 2007. http://hal.inria.fr/inria/00142588/fr/
17. Mihaylova, L., R. B o e l. A ParticleFilter for Freeway Traffic Estimation. - In: Proc. of 43rd IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control, 14-17 December 2004, Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas, pp. 2106-2111.
18. Nahi, N.E., A. N. Trivedi. Recursive Estimation of Traffic Variables: Section Density and Average Speed. Tech. Report, 1976. University of Southern California, Los Angeles.
19. Rolink, M., T. Boukhobza, D. Sauter. High Order