Mansoorehossadat Rozan, Vahid Rouhollahi, Amit Rastogi and Dilip Kumar Dureha
Sport and exercise are stressful by their nature, and over-stressful activity may produce injury ( Clement et al., 1981 ). The lumbar spine is subjected to considerable stress during many athletic endeavors; therefore, abnormalities involving this region may cause injuries and pain among athletes because of the unique demands of the related sport.
Independent variables that contribute individually or in combination to lumbar spine injury include poor technique, poor conditioning, and abnormal anatomy; thus, young athletes may have a spinal
-ordination and, in general, there is a decrease in the level of physical and functional activity ( 6 ).
Reduced physical functioning is the most dominant sign of frailty ( 7 , 8 ). The ageing associated loss of muscle mass seems to be one of the major causes for reduced physical abilities in older age and, consequently, disability and frailty ( 9 ). There are many influences contributing to this process, for example, motor neuron death, and hormonal and immunological changes as a normal part of ageing ( 10 ). On the other hand, there are additional behavioural influences
Ewa Dziuba, Justyna Drzał-Grabiec, Aleksandra Truszczyńska-Baszak, Katarzyna Guzek and Katarzyna Zajkiewicz
26. Morris A.M., Williams J.M., Atwater A.E., Wilmore J.H. (1982) Age and sex differences in motor performance of 3 through 6 year old children. Res. Q. Exerc. Sport, 53(3): 214-221. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02701367.1982.10609342.
27. Msall M.E., Tremont M.R. (2002) Measuring functional outcomes after prematurity: developmental impact of very low birth weight and extremely low birth weight status on childhood disability. Ment. Retard. Dev. Disabil. Res. Revi., 8(4): 258-272. DOI: 10.1002/mrdd.10046.
28. Nolan L., Grigorenko A
Anna Brachman, Anna Kamieniarz, Justyna Michalska, Michał Pawłowski, Kajetan J. Słomka and Grzegorz Juras
smooth and coordinated neuromuscular actions ( Winter, 1995 ; Zatsiorsky and Duarte, 1999 ). Efficient postural balance not only reduces the risk of body imbalance, fall, or subsequent injuries, but also contributes to the optimization of motor performance in a number of athletic disciplines ( Hrysomallis, 2007 ; McGuine et al., 2000 ; Watson, 1999 ).
Each sport involves specific motor skills that require the completion of particular postures and movements ( Hrysomallis et al., 2006 ; Maurer et al., 2006 ; Paillard, 2017 ). Balance is an important factor in many
Elizabeta Ramova, Anastasica Poposka and Milica Lazovic
Portek I, Pearcy MJ, Reader GP et al. Correlation between radiographic and clinical measurement of lumbar spine movements. Br J Rheumatol. 1983;(22):197-205.
Keller S, Mannion FA, Grob D. Reliability of a new measuring device Spine Mouse in recording the sagital profile of the back. European Spine Journal. 2000;9:303.
Mannion FA, Dvorak J, Muntener M et al. A prospective study of the interrelationship between subjective and objective measures of disability before and 2 months after lumbar decompression surgery for
Health Nursing, 11, 476-483.
Careless, D. & Douglas, K. (2008). The Contribution of Exercise and Sport to Mental Health Promotion in Serious Mental Illness: An Interpretive Project. International Journal of Mental Health Promotion, 10(4), 5-12.
Carless, D. & Faulkner, G. (2003). Physical activity and mental health. In: J. McKenna, & C. Riddoch, Perspectives on Health and Exercise (pp. 61-82). Houndsmills: Palgrave MacMillan.
Davidson, L. & Roe, D. (2007). Recovery from versus recovery in serious mental illness: One
) , Ann Rheum. Dis., 59, 936–944.
4. Hayami T. (2008). Osteoarthritis of the knee joint as a cause of musculoskeletal ambulation disability symptom complex (MADS) , Clin. Calcium, 18,1574–80.
5. Filardo G., Kon E., Roffi A., Di Matteo B., Merli M.L., Marcacci M. (2015). Platelet-rich plasma: why intraarticular? A systematic review of preclinical studies and clinical evidence on PRP for joint degeneration , Knee Surg. Sports Traumatol. Arthrosc., 23(9), 2459–2474.
6. Sakata R., McNary S.M., Miyatake K., et al. (2015). Stimulation of the superficial
Aneta Anna Omelan, Barbara Breś, Marek Raczkowski, Robert Podstawski, Tibor Polgár and Miklós Koltai
1. Case E.K. (2012). Specialized summer camp for children and adolescents with learning disabilities: A naturalistic context for enhancing social competence, friendship, and self-concept. PhD thesis, University of Toronto. Retrieved February 05, 2018, from http://ccamping.org .
2. Nawara H., Cooper A. (2007). Summer camps: Healthy – happy – safe . Wrocław: Wydawnictwo AWF. [in Polish]
3. McCarthy A. (2015). Summer camp for children and adolescents with chronic conditions. Pediatric Nursing 41(5), 245-250.
4. Gula E
Zoran Milanović, Goran Sporiš, Nic James, Nebojša Trajković, Aleksandar Ignjatović, Hugo Sarmento, Athos Trecroci and Bruno Miguel Borges Mendes
Human Sport and Exercises 2012 7 1 S67 S72
Milanović Z, Sporiš G, James N, Trajković N. Motor Abilities of Female Soccer Players. Sport Science and Disability , 2014: 22 Milanović Z Sporiš G James N Trajković N. Motor Abilities of Female Soccer Players Sport Science and Disability 2014 22
Mohr M, Krustrup P, Andersson H, Kirkendal D, Bangsbo J. Match activities of elite women soccer players at different performance levels. J Strength Cond Res , 2008; 22(2): 341-349 10.1519/JSC.0b013e318165fef6 Mohr M Krustrup P Andersson H Kirkendal D Bangsbo J. Match activities
Kamelska Anna Malwina, Mazurek Krzysztof and Zmijewski Piotr
Akbarpour M. The effect of aerobic training on serum adiponectin and leptin levels and inflammatory markers of coronary heart disease in obese men. Biol Sport , 2013; 30: 21–27
Aslan UB, Calik BB, Kitiş A. The effect of gender and level of vision on the physical activity level of children and adolescents with visual impairment. Res Dev Disabil , 2012; 33: 1799–1804
Astrand P, Rodahl K. Textbook of work physiology. 3rd edition. New York: McGraw-Hill Book Company; 1986
Baron R. Aerobic and anaerobic power characteristics of