Ana Reis-Mendes, Marisa Alves, Félix Carvalho, Fernando Remião, Maria Lourdes Bastos and Vera Marisa Costa
toxicity: the cardiac susceptibility to oxidative stress. Chem Res Toxicol 26 : 1285–1311.
Costa VM, Silva R, Tavares LC, Vitorino R, Amado F, Carvalho F, Bastos ML, Carvalho M, Carvalho RA, Remiao F. (2009). Adrenaline and reactive oxygen species elicit proteome and energetic metabolism modifications in freshly isolated rat cardiomyocytes. Toxicology 260 : 84–96.
Dawson LK, Jodrell DI, Bowman A, Rye R, Byrne B, Bernareggi A, Camboni G, Smyth JF. (2000). A clinical phase I and pharmacokinetic study of BBR 2778, a novel anthracenedione analogue
of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism 60.1 (1985): 156-163.
4. Kekkonen, Raimo, et al. “Pharmacokinetics of mifepristone after low oral doses.” Contraception 54.4 (1996): 229-234.
5. Peyron, Remi, et al. “Early termination of pregnancy with mifepristone (RU 486) and the orally active prostaglandin misoprostol.” New England Journal of Medicine 328.21 (1993): 1509-1513.
6. Ledger, W. L., et al. “Inhibition of ovulation by low-dose mifepristone (RU 486).” Human Reproduction 7.7 (1992): 945-950.
7. Batista, Marcelo C., et al. “Delayed
Porter TD, Coon MJ Cytochrome P450. Multiplicity of isoforms, substrates, and catalytic and regulatory mechanisms. J Biol Chem 1991;266:13469-72.
Kato R, Kamataki T Cytochrome P450 as a determinant of sex difference of drug metabolism in the rat. Xenobiotica 1982;12:787-800.
Harris RZ, Benet LZ, Schwartz JB Gender effects in pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics. Drugs 1995;50:222-39.
Luis FOH, Adolfo SS, Mariano EC, Manno M, Albores A
Nandita Saxena, Yangchen Doma Bhutia, Om Kumar, Pooja Phatak and Ramesh Kumar Kaul
Garg V, Hon YY, Jusko WJ. (1994). Effects of acute and chronic inflammation on the pharmacokinetics of prednisolone in rats. Pharm Res 11 : 541–4.
Griffiths GD. (2011). Understanding ricin from a defensive viewpoint. 3 : 1373–92.
Kerksick C, Willoughby D. (2005). The antioxidant role of glutathione and N-acetyl-cysteine supplements and exercise-induced oxidative stress. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 9 : 38–44.
Kumar O, Sugendran K, Vijayaraghavan R. (2003). Oxidative stress associated hepatic and renal toxicity induced by ricin in mice. Toxicon 41
-acting pegylated human GH in children with GH deficiency: a single-dose, dose-escalation trial investigating safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics. Eur J Endocrinol 2011; 165: 401-9.
5. Raivio T, Avbelj M, McCabe MJ, Romero CJ, Dwyer AA, Tommiska J. et al. Genetic overlap in Kallmann syndrome, combined pituitary hormone deficiency, and septo-optic dysplasia. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2012; 97: E694-9.
6. Kotnik P, Keuper M, Wabitsch M, Fischer-Posovszky P. Interleukin-1β downregulates RBP4 secretion in human adipocytes. PLoS
associated para oxonase: inhibition of the biological activity of minimally oxidized low-density lipoprotein. J Clin Invest 1995; 96: 2882-2891.
Timchalk C, Poet TS, Kousba AA. Age-dependent pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic response in preweanling rats following oral exposure to the organophosphorus insecticide chlorpyrifos. Toxicology 2006; 220: 13-25
WHO. (2007) WHO Specifications and Evaluations for Public Health Pesticides. Chlorpyrifos. World Health Organization, p.17. www
blood cholinesterases by the Ellman method. Arh Hig Rada Toksikol 2000;51:13-8.
Thiermann H, Mast U, Klimmek R, Eyer P, Hibler A, Pfab R, Flegenhauer N, Zilker T. Cholinesterase status, pharmacokinetics and laboratory findings during obidoxime therapy in organophosphate poisoned patients. Hum Exp Toxicol 1997;16:473-80.
Velan B, Kronman C, Ordentlich A, Flashner Y, Leitner M, Cohen S, Shafferman A. N-glycosylation of human acetylcholinesterase: effects on activity, stability and biosynthesis. Biochem J 1993