impact Leydig cell differentiation. Biol Reprod. 2010; 83: 488-501.
11. Cherradi N, Rossier MF, Vallotton MB, Timberg R, Friedberg I, Orly J, et al. Submitochondrial distribution of three key steroidogenic proteins (steroidogenic acute regulatory protein and cytochrome P450scc and 3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase isomerase enzymes) upon stimulation by intracellular calcium in adrenal glomerulosa cells. J Biol Chem. 1997; 272: 7899-907.
12. Stocco DM. Recent advances in the role of StAR. Rev Reprod. 1998; 3:82-5.
Pavel E. Stanchev, Maria M. Orbetzova, Dora D. Terzieva, Delyana Davcheva, Dimitar A. Iliev, Sava V. Petrov, Daniela I. Koleva and Boyan I. Nonchev
0431 improves islet graft survival in diabetic NOD mice partially via T-cell modulation. Diabetes 2009; 58: 641-51.
17. Meier JJ, Bhusham A, Butler AE, et al. Sustained beta-cell apoptosis in patients with long-standing type 1 diabetes: indirect evidence for islet regeneration? Diabetologia 2005; 48: 2221-8.
18. Nielsen LR, Rehfeld JF, Pedersen-Bjergaard U, et al. Pregnancy-induced rise in serum C-peptide concentrations in women with type 1 diabetes. Diabetes Care 2009; 32: 1052-7.
19. Gangemi A, Salehi P, Hatipoglu B, et al. Islet transplantation
; 45 : 713-718.
19. ALI SA, SHAH V, McKINNON R, VAN HARN M, JANAKIRAMAN N. Frequent expression of C4d in hepatic graft-versus-host disease: potential clue for diagnosis and distinguishing acute and chronic form. Transpl Immunol. 2010; 23 : 77-80.
20. MIYAZAKI T , DOY M, UNNO R, HONDA A, IKEGAMI T, ITOH S, et al . RegulatoryTcells and liver pathology in a murine graft versus host response model. Hepatol Res. 2009; 39 : 585-594.
21. BRANDON JA, PEREZ J, JENNINGS CD, COHEN DA, SINDHAVA VJ, BONDADA S, et al. Association between chronic liver
Dorota Kostrzewa-Nowak, Rafał Buryta and Robert Nowak
-induced muscle damage that can result in a release of inflammatory signalling molecules and myocellular enzymes into the blood plasma ( 9 , 10 , 11 , 12 ).
Some of the most important components of the immune system are B and T lymphocytes. A number of Tcell subsets, e.g. T naïve, T memory, T helper/inducer (Th), T suppressor/cytotoxic (Tc), Tregulatory (Treg) has been described. A common feature of these cells is an expression of membrane surface receptors including T-cell receptor (TCR), CD3 and CD2. Taking the functionality into account, the Th (CD4 + ) cells are
of the open reading frame in the HBV genome is a soluble multi-functional 17 kDa protein composed of 154 amino acids [ 5 ]. It is named “X” as no known protein has been found with homology to it. It has wide trans-activation functions that activate multiple regulatory genes of HBV and the infected cells [ 5 ]. HBx is distributed in the cytoplasm, nucleus, and mitochondria of infected hepatocytes and mainly located in the cytoplasm. HBx in different locations plays different biological functions [ 6 ]. It plays an important role in viral genome replication
Marina Jovanovic, Natasa Zdravkovic, Ivan Jovanovic, Gordana Radosavljevic, Nevena Gajovic, Nebojsa Zdravkovic, Veljko Maric and Nebojsa Arsenijevic
cytokines: immunological playmakers. Nature Immunology 2012;13: 722–728.
22. Molle C, Nguyen M, Flamand V, Renneson J, Trottein F, De Wit D, Willems F, Goldman M, Goriely S.. IL-27 synthesis induced by TLR ligation critically depends on IFN regulatory factor 3. The Journal of Immunology 2007; 178: 7607- 7615.
23. N. D. Pennock, L. Gapin, and R. M. Kedl. IL-27 is required for shaping the magnitude, affinity distribution, and memory of Tcells responding to subunit immunization. PNAS 2014; 111: 16472-16477.
24. H. Yoshida and C. A. Hunter. The
Qin Zhou, Yu-feng Gao, Xiao-miao Zhao, Fa-ming Pan and Xu Li
vaccination. Hepatology 2004; 39(4):978-988.
10. Yao Y, Li J, Lu Z, Tong A, Wang W, Su 1111 X, et al. Proteomic analysis of the interleukin-4 (IL-4) response in hepatitis B viruspositive human hepatocelluar carcinoma cell line HepG2.2.15. Electrophoresis 2011; 32(15):2004-2012.
11. Dejaco C, Duftner C, Grubeck-Loebenstein B, Schirmer M. Imbalance of regulatoryTcells in human autoimmune diseases. Immunology 2006; 117(3):289-300.
12. Huang CF, Lin SS, Ho YC, Chen FL, Yang CC. The immune response induced by hepatitis B virus
Katarzyna Pogoda, Maria Pyszniak, Magdalena Bańka, Beata Rybojad and Jacek Tabarkiewicz
osteoclastogenesis in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2011;13:R14.
24. Pickens SR, Volin MV, Mandelin AM, et al. IL-17 contributes to angiogenesis in rheumatoid arthritis. J Immunol. 2010;184:3233-41.
25. Nistala K, Moncrieffe H, Newton KR, et al. Interleukin-17-producing Tcells are enriched in the joints of children with arthritis, but have a reciprocal relationship to regulatoryTcell numbers. Arthritis & Rheumatism. 2008;58:875-87.
26. Agarwal S, Misra R, Aggarwal A. Interleukin 17 levels are increased in juvenile
Marina Cvjetko, Kristina Radošević, Andrej Tomica, Igor Slivac, Jasna Vorkapić-Furač and Višnja Srček
-chain length. Chemosphere 2007;69:1003-7.
Schrimer K. Proposal to improve vertebrate cell cultures to establish them as the substitutes for the regulatory testing of chemicals and effluents using fish. Toxicology 2006;224:163-83.
Mosmann T. Rapid colorimetric assay for cellular growth and survival, application to proliferation and cytotoxic assays. J Immunol Methods 1983;65:55-63.
Zhu S, Chen R, Wu Y, Chen Q, Zhang X, Yu Z. A mini-review on greenness of ionic liquids. Chem Bichem Eng Q 2009