1. Ahn S.Y., Chang Y.S., Park W.S.: Mesenchymal stem cells transplantation for neuroprotection in preterm infants with severe intraventricular hemorrhage. Korean J Pediatr 57(6):251-6,2014. doi: 10.3345/kjp.2014.57.6.251.
2. Bajek A., Olkowska J., Drewa T.: Mesenchymal stem cells as a therapeutic tool in tissue and organ regeneration. Postepy Hig Med Dosw 24;65:124-32,2011.
3. Ball L.M., et al.: Multiple infusions of mesenchymal stromal cells induce sustained remission in children with steroid
Sara Darakhshan, Mohammad Malmir, Fereshteh Bagheri, Mohsen Safaei, Roohollah Sharifi, Masoud Sadeghi, Masoud Hatami, Hamid Reza Mozaffari and Reza Tahvilian
1. Mozaffari HR, Izadi B, Sadeghi M, Rezaei F, Sharifi R, Jalilian F. Prevalence of oral and pharyngeal cancers in Kermanshah province, Iran: A ten-year period. Int J Cancer Res. 2016;12(3-4):169-75.
2. Mozaffari HR, Payandeh M, Ramezani M, Sadeghi M, Mahmoudiahmadabadi M, Sharifi R. Efficacy of palifermin on oral mucositis and acute GVHD after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) in hematology malignancy patients: a meta-analysis of trials. Wspolczesna Onkol . 2017;21(4):299-305.
3. Mozaffari HR, Zavattaro E
Mentha rotundifolia (L.) Huds is an aromatic plant used for its medicinal values. This study aims to select appropriate conditions for in vitro propagation of M. rotundifolia (L.) Huds and to evaluate yield and antioxidants activity of its essential oils (EOs).
The explants were cultured on Murashige and Skoog (MS) medium containing different concentrations of growth regulators 6-benzylaminopurine (BAP) and Gibberellin (GA3).
Hydrodistillated EOs obtained from acclimatized and mother plant, were evaluated for their antioxidant activity. Tests were performed on DPPH free radical-scavenging, ABTS and CUPRAC assays.
Shoot induction and multiplication were successfully carried out on MS medium supplemented with the following hormones combinations: 1 mg/l BAP, 1 mg/l GA3 and 0.5 mg/l BAP, 0.5 mg/l GA3, respectively. Stem length, nodes and leaves number measured from development vitroplant were 6.89 cm, 5.22 nodes and 11.92 leaves per vitroplant, respectively.
In vitro rooted plants were successfully acclimatized at a temperature of 23 ± 2°C and a long day photoperiod with a total survival rate exceeding 95%.
EO yield of acclimated plant varied between (0.88-1.49 ml/100 g dry matter) compared to wild plant (0.73 ml/100 g dry matter). The antioxidant potential of EOs from acclimated plant showed on DPPH free radical-scavenging, ABTS and CUPRAC assays values of (IC50: 4.18-24.93 mg/ml), (IC50: 0.51-1.56 mg/ml) and (A0.50: 0.34-2.71 mg/ml), respectively. In contrast, the wild plant exhibited on the same tests the values of (IC50: 10.35 mg/ml), (IC50: 0.12 mg/ml) and (A0.50: 0.99 mg/ml), respectively.
The results suggest that micropropagation of M. rotundifolia (L.) Huds can be an interesting alternative for producing important plant material with the possibility to modulate EO yield and its antioxidant potential for future commercial purposes.
Anna Malm, Anna Glowniak-Lipa, Izabela Korona-Glowniak and Tomasz Baj
of Algerian Thymus oils. Food Chem., 116, 714, 2009.
8. Lang G., Buchbauer G.: A review on recent research results (2008-2010) on essential oils as antimicrobial and antifungals. A review. Flavour Fragr. J., 27, 13, 2012.
9. Njume C. et al.: Volatile compounds in the stem bark of Sclerocarya birrea (Anacardiaceae) possess antimicrobial activity against drugresistant strains of Helicobacter pylori. Int. J. Antimicrob. Agents., 38, 319, 2011.
10. O`Donnell F. et al.: A study of the antimicrobial activity of selected
Mohsen Safaei, Mojtaba Taran, Mohammad Moslem Imani, Hedaiat Moradpoor, Amin Golshah and Prabhat Upadhyay
HR, Payandeh M, Ramezani M, Sadeghi M, Mahmoudiahmadabadi M, Sharifi R. Efficacy of palifermin on oral mucositis and acute GVHD after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) in hematology malignancy patients: a meta-analysis of trials. Wspolczesna Onkol. 2017;21(4):299-305.
7. Parsa N. Environmental factors inducing human cancers. Iran J Public Health. 2012;41(11):1-9.
8. Brawley OW. Avoidable cancer deaths globally. CA Cancer J Clin. 2011;61(2):67-8.
9. Gopalan MR, Karunakaran V, Prabhakaran A, Jayakumar KL. Prevalence of psychiatric
Agnieszka Kolak, Michal Lozinski and Slawomir Mandziuk
Hematol Oncol Stem Cell Res. 2014;8 (1):46-50.
4. Lama D, Ong E. The role of surgical excision for the Krukenberg tumour: A case report. Int J Surg Case Rep. 2017;38:185-188. doi: 10.1016/j.ijscr.2017.07.046.
5. Matsushita H, Watanabe K, Wakatsuki A. Metastatic gastric cancer to the female genital tract (Review). Mol Clin Oncol. 2016;5 (5):495-499. doi: 10.3892/mco.2016.1035.
6. Kumar M, Kumar A, Maroules M, Abrina V, Kumar V. Postmenopausal vaginal bleeding as initial presentation of gastric cancer: a case report with literature review of prognostic
Aldona Adamska-Szewczyk, Kazimierz Glowniak and Tomasz Baj
of alkaloids and coumarin from the stems of Conchocarpus fontanesianus, Braz. J. Pharmacogn. 22(2), 374-380, 2012.
7. Cardoso-Lopes E.M., Maier J.A., da Silva M.R. et al.: Alkaloids from stems of Esenbeckia leiocarpa Engl. (Rutaceae) as potential treatment for Alzheimer disease. Molecules, 15 (12), 9205-9213, 2010.
8. Cheng J.T., Chang T.K., Chen I.S.: Skimmianine and related furoquinolines function as antagonists of 5-hydroxytryptamine receptors in animals, J. Auton. Pharm., 14, 365-374, 1994.
9. Coulerie P., Maciuk