The article represents the theoretical or conceptual description of the phenomenon of charisma, which is related to social work as professional activity and is focused in social worker, who is the leader in his / her professional activity. So why it is accentuated that personal charisma of a social worker is a constellation of complex social and emotional skills that allows charismatic individuals to influence others at deep emotional levels, communicate effectively with them, and build strong interpersonal relationships. Authors of the article discuss the possible answers to the following research question: How to recognize, accept and (self)develop personal charisma in social work? In the article the interdisciplinary pont of view is provided and amotional and social skills are discussed in relation to social worker‘s charisma.
Authors conclude that Some of charisma-related skills are born innate, others are perfected over time, but the most important is proper application of skills. Charisma of a social worker is related to emotional intelligence, which consists of self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy and social skills. Different social work situations require differently developed skills, which msut be developed through long life education, in which the self-managed learning through interactions and within the professional environment must be the priority.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Abishevaa K. & Assylbekova L. (2016). Risk Management and Ethical Issues in Social Work. The European Proceedings of Social & Behavioural Scienes. World LUMEN Congress. Logos Universality Mentality Education Novelty 2016 | LUMEN 15th Anniversary Edition.
2. Agostino (2006). La citta di Dio. Roma: Citta Nuova.
3. Bass B. M. (1985). Leadership and performance beyond expectation. New York: Free Press.
4. Bommes M. & Scherr A. (2000). Soziologie der Sozialcn Arbcit. Eine Einfiihrung in Formen und Funktionen Organisierter Hilfc. Juventa: Verlag.
5. Cambridge English Dictionary: Meanings & Definitions (2018). https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/ (Retrieved on 05/06/2018).
6. Collins French Dictionary (2018). Available at: https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english-french (Retrieved on 05/06/2018).
7. Collins Italian Dictionary (2018). Available at: https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english-italian (Retrieved on 05/06/2018).
8. Dayan H. (2012). Charismatic Leadership in Singapore. New York: Springer Science+Business Media LLC.
9. Dweck C. S. (2000). Self-theories: Their Role in Motivation Personality and Development. New York: Taylor & Francis.
10. English-Lithuanian Dictionary Online (2018). Available at: https://glosbe.com/en/lt (Retrieved on 05/06/2018).
11. Fragouli E. (2018). The dark-side of charisma and charismatic leadership Evangelia. The Business and Management Review 9(4) 298-307.
12. Hall J. A. & Horgan T. G. (2003). Happy Affect and Smiling: Is Their Relation Moderated by Interpersonal Power? Emotion 3(3) 303-309.
13. Hatfield E. Cacioppo J. T. & Rapson R. L. (1994). Emotional Contagion. New York: Cambridge University Press.
14. Howell J. M. & Shamir B. (2005). The Role of Followers in the Charismatic Leadership Process: Relationships and Their Consequences. Academy of Management Review 30 96-112.
15. Ingram J. & Cangemi J. (2012). Emotions Emotional Intelligence and Leadership: A Brief Pragmatic Perspective. Education 132(4) 771-778.
16. Konger J. & Kanungo R. (1987). Toward a Behavioral Theory of Charismatic Leadership in Organizational Settings. The Academy of Management Review 12(4) 637-647.
17. Leight A. (2012). Charisma–The Secrets of Making A Lasting Impression. London UK: Pearson.
18. Lepeškienė V. (1996). Humanitarinis ugdymas mokykloje. Vilnius: Valstybinis leidybos centras.
19. Lexilogos Latin Dictionary (2018). Available at: https://www.lexilogos.com/english/latin_dictionary.htm (Retrieved on 05/06/2018).
20. LexilogosModern Greek Dictionary (2018). Available at: https://www.lexilogos.com/english/greek_dictionary.htm (Retrieved on 05/06/2018).
21. Lindholm C. (2013). The Anthropology of Religious Charisma. USA: St. Martins Press.
22. Merolla J. L. Ramos J. M. & Zechmeister E. J. (2007). Crisis charisma and consequences: Evidence from the 2004 U.S. presidential election. The Journal of Politics 69(1) 30-42.
23. Malinauskas R. & Malinauskienė V. (2008). Rizikos grupių vaikų esminiai socialiniai įgūdžiai ir vidinė darna. Sveikatos mokslai 5 1 935-1 938.
24. Myers D. (2000). Psichologija. Vilnius: Poligrafija ir informatika.
25. Northouse P. G. (2009). Lyderystė: teorija ir praktika. Kaunas: Poligrafija ir informatika.
26. Oakes L. (1997). Prophetic Charisma: The Psychology of Revolutionary Religious Personalities. NY: Syracuse Universisty Press.
27. Richardson A. (2012). A Theological Wordbook of the Bible Revised Edition. U. K: Hymns Ancient & Modern Ltd.
28. Riggio R. E. (2010). The role of social and emotional communication skills in leader emergence and effectiveness. Group Dynamics: Theory Research and Practice 7 83-103.
29. Riggio R. E (2016). Charisma Kravis Leadership. Columbia: Institute Claremont.
30. Robbins S. P. & Judge T. A. (2010). Organizational Behavior. USA: Pearson.