Accelerating growth in business globalization places managers in an international environment with more ethical challenges.
Ethical principles that govern businesses in a particular culture may not match with the conditions, norms and customs of other cultures.
The article aims to examine comparatively the role of culture in explaining ethical issues and dilemmas in organizations.
Treating the issue of business ethics in companies nowadays offer different perspectives depending on the influence of the cultural context of countries where these companies operate.
Each cultural context shows its specificity, in addition to legal regulations, customs, habits or moral issues, which deserve to be highlighted in a paper on how to conduct business from an ethical perspective.
1. Ardichvili, A., Jondle, D., Kowske, B., Cornachione, E., Li, J., Thakadipuram, T., (2012), Ethical Cultures in Large Business Organizations in Brazil, Russia, India and China, Journal of Business Ethics, 105, pp. 415-428
2. Aruda, M.C., (1997), Busines Ethics in Latin America, Journal of Business Ethics, 16, pp. 1597-1603
3. Berger, R., Herstein, R., (2014), The Evolution of Chinese Business Ethics, Management Research Review, Vol. 37, No. 9, pp. 778-790
4. Burduş, E., (2004), Management comparat internaţional, Ed. Economică, Bucureşti
5. Carroll, S.J., Gannon, M.J., (1997), Ethical Dimensions of International Management, SAGE Series on Busines Ethics
6. Chaterjee, S., Pearson, C., (2003), Ethical perception of Asian managers: evidence of trends in six dvergent national contexts, Business Ethics: A European Review, 12, No. 2, pp. 203-211
7. Cho, E., (2009), Work Values and Business Ethics in Korea, Advances in Developing Human Resources, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 235-252
8. Choi. T.H., Nakano, C., (2008), The Evolution of Business Ethics in Japan and Korea over the last decade, Human Systems Management, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 183-199
9. Crane, A., Matten, D., (2016), Business ethics. Managing Corporate citizenship and Sustainability in the Age of Globalization, fourth edition, Oxford University Press
11. Deephouse, D.L., Newburry, W., Soleimani, A., (2016), The Effects of Institutional Development and National Culture on Cross-National Differences in Corporate Reputation, Journal of World Business, 51(3), pp. 463-473
12. Hofstede, G., Hofstede, G.J., Minkov, M., (2012), Culturi şi organizaţii. Softul mental, Ed. Humanitas, Bucureşti
13. Hood, J.N., Logsdon, J.M., (2002), Business ethics in the NAFTA countries: A cross cultural comparison, Journal of Business Research, 55, pp. 883-890
14. Iamandi, I.E., (2012), Etică şi responsabilitate socială corporativă în afacerile internaţionale, curs Master Afaceri Internaţionale, ASE Bucureşti
16. Liedekerke, L.V., Dubbink, W., (2008), Twenty Years of European Business Ethics-Past Development and Future Concerns, Journal of Business Ethics, 82, pp. 273-280
17. Mele, D., (2008), Business Ethics: Europe versus America, in Leadership and Business Ethicsed. G. Flynn, pp. 13-27, Dordrecht, Springer
18. Palazzo, B., (2002), US-American and German business ethics: an intercultural comparison, Journal of Business Ethics, 41, No. 3, pp. 195-216
19. Popa, I., Filip, R., (1999), Management internaţional, Ed. Economică, Bucureşti
20. Scholtens, B., Lammertjan, D., (2007), Cultural Values and International Differences in Business Ethics, Journal of Business Ethics, 75, pp. 273-284
21. Taka, Iwao, (1997), Business Ethics in Japan, Journal of Business Ethics, 16, pp. 1499-1508
22. Tam, O., (2002), Ethical issues in the evolution of corporate governance in China, Journal of Business Ethics, Vol. 37, No. 3, pp. 303-320
23. Tînjală, D.M., Pantea L.M., Buglea, A., (2015), Business Ethics and Integrity. A Case Study on 300 U.S. Listed Companies, Studia Universitatis “Vasile Goldis” Arad. Economics Series, Vol. 25, Issue 2, pp. 63-80
24. Treviňo, L.K., Nelson, K.A., (2017), Managing Business Ethics. Straight Talk About How To Do It Right, seventh edition, John Wiley and Sons
25. Verstegen Ryan, L., (2005), Corporate Governance and Business Ethics in North America: The State of the Art, Business & Society, Vol. 44, No. 1, March, pp. 40-73
26. Weaver, G.R., (2001), Ethics Programs in Global Businesses: Culture’s Role in Managing Ethics, Journal of Business Ethics, 30, pp. 3-15
27. Weber, M., (1993), Etica protestantă şi spiritul capitalismului, Ed. Humanitas, Bucureşti