While scholarly literature abounds with research on organizational culture and CSR, this study adds knowledge to the field, redefining a new concept: that of socially responsible organizational culture. In our opinion, socially responsible organizational culture encompasses all the values, beliefs, norms and strategies that facilitate, direct, operate and develop the relations between organization and stakeholders in order to harmonize these relationships and increase economic, social and environmental performance. This paper creates a conceptual model of socially responsible organizational culture and presents a methodology for evaluating socially responsible organizational culture in the EU Member States. Results show significant variations between states, explained by differences in national culture, attitude and focus on CSR actions.
16. Gangone, A.D. and Ganescu, M.C., 2014. Corporate social responsibility in emerging and developing economies in Central and Eastern Europe - a measurement model from the stakeholder theory perspective. Economic Research-Ekonomska Istraživanja, 27(1), pp.539-558.
17. Ganescu, C., 2012. Corporate social responsibility, a strategy to create and consolidate sustainable businesses. Theoretical and Applied Economics, 19(11), pp.91-106.
18. Ganescu, C., 2011. Cultura organizaţionala Si competitivitatea. BucureSti: Universitara Publishing House.
19. Hemingway, C.A., 2013. Corporate Social Entrepreneurship. Integrity Within. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
20. Hillman, A. and Keim, G., 2001. Shareholder value, stakeholder management, and social issues: what´s the bottom line? Strategic Management Journal, 22(2), pp.125-139.
21. Hofstede, G., Hofstede, G.J. and Minkov, M., 2010. Cultures and Organizations: Software of the Mind. Revised and Expanded 3rd Edition. New York: McGraw-Hill USA.
28. Linnenluecke, M.K. and Griffiths, A., 2010. Corporate sustainability and organizational culture. Journal of World Business, 45, pp.357-366.
29. Maas, K.E.H., Boons, F.A.A., 2010. CSR as a strategic activity: value creation, redistribution and integration. In: Louche, C., Idowu, S., Leal Filho, W. (Eds.), Innovative CSR: From Risk Management to Value Creation. Greenleaf, London, pp. 154-172.
30. Maignan, I. and Ferrell, O.C., 2004. Corporate social responsibility and marketing: an integrative framework. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 32(1), pp.3-19.
31. Maon, F., Lindgreen, A. and Swaen, V., 2010. Organizational Stages and Cultural Phases: A Critical Review and a Consolidative Model of Corporate Social Responsibility Development. International Journal of Management Reviews, 12(1), pp.20-38.
32. Obrad, C., Petcu, D., GhergheS, V. and Suciu, S., 2011. Responsabilitatea sociala a companiilor din România între percepţii Si realitate. Amfiteatru Economic, XIII(29), pp.44-56.
33. Olaru. M., Stoleriu. G. and Sandru, I.M.D., 2011. Preocupari ale IMM-urilor din România privind responsabilitatea sociala în raport cu criteriile modelului european de excelenţa EFQM. Amfiteatru Economic, XIII (29), pp.57-72.
34. Schein, E.H., 1999. Process consultation revisited: Building the helping relationship. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley.
35. Schwab, K., 2016. The Global Competitiveness Report 2016-2017. Full Data Edition, [Pdf] Available at: . Accesed 10 January 2017.
36. Siltaoja, M.E., 2006. Value priorities as combining core factors between CSR and reputation - a qualitative study. Journal of Business Ethics, 68(1), pp.91-111.
37. Stanwick, P.A. and Stanwick, S.D., 1998. The Relationship between Corporate Social Performance and Organizational Size, Financial Performance and Environmental Performance: An Empirical Examination. Journal of Business Ethics, 17(2), pp.195-204.
38. Strautmanis, J., 2007. Acquiring Corporate Social Responsibility Approach Through Business Study Process. Riga: University of Latvia.
39. Swanson, D.L., 1999. Toward an integrative theory of business and society: a research strategy for corporate social performance. Academy of Management Review, 24, pp.506-521.
40. Transparency International, 2016. Corruption Perceptions Index 2016 Available at: .
41. Trevino, L. and Nelson, K., 2007. Managing Business Ethics: Straight Talk About How to Do It Right, 4th edn. New York: Wiley.
42. Ubius, U. and Alas, R., 2009. Organizational Culture Types as Predictors of Corporate Social Responsibility. Engineering Economics, 1(61), pp.90-99.
43. Wood. D.J., 1991. Corporate social performance revisited. Academy of Management Review, 16, pp.691-718.
44. Yu, Y. and Choi, Y., 2016. Stakeholder pressure and CSR adoption: the mediating role of organizational culture for Chinese companies. The Social Science Journal, 53(2), pp.226-235.