The study aims at determining the financial performance of companies in the pharmaceutical industry between 2009 and 2014 by means of the indicator of the financial return rate, using multiple linear regressions as research method. By analysing the evolution of the share of companies in the pharmaceutical industry based on the trend of the financial rate of return, we can estimate that the number of entities that resort to supporting the financial activities from loans and liabilities is growing in the period under analysis. This is due mainly to the liquidity crisis faced by entities, as a result of the high recovery duration of debts. Also, using the multiple linear regression we can highlight that, the financial return of pharmaceutical companies is positively influenced by their economic profitability, by the equity multiplier and by inflation, and negatively, by the net profit margin.
1. Baltes, Nicolae (2010), Analiza si diagnostic financiar, Editura Universitatii „Lucian Blaga” din Sibiu;
2. Baltes, Nicolae (coord.); Mihut, Diana (2015), Analiza performantei financiare la societatile listate si tranzactionate la Bursa de Valori Bucuresti, Sibiu–Teza de doctorat.
3. Berk, Jonathan; DeMarzo, Peter (2014), Corporate finance, ThirdEdition, PearsonEducation, USA;
4. Berman, Karen; Knight, Joe (2011), Inteligenta financiara: Ghidul managerului pentru intelegerea adevaratei semnificatii a cifrelor, Editura Curtea Veche, Bucuresti;
5. Bodie, Zvi; Merton, Robert (2000), Finance, Prentice-Hall Inc., New Jeresy;
6. Burghelea, Cristina; Gheorghiu, Anda; Tindechea, Cristina; Gheorghiu, Anca (2014), Global European economic model, Theoretical and Applied Economics, Volume XXI (2014), No. 3(592): www.ectap.ro.
7. Cotter, Derry (2012), Advanced Financial Reporting – a Complete Guide to IFRS, Pearson Education Limited;
8. Eakins, Stanley, Finance – Investments, Institutions and Management (1999), Addison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc., United States of America;
9. Higgins, Robert (2012) Analysis for Financial Management, TenthEdition, United States;
10. Hill, Carter; Griffiths, William; Lim, Guay (2008), Principles of Econometricsm, Third Edition, John Wiley&Sons, Inc., USA;
11. Kotler, Philip; Caslione, John (2009), Chaotics: management and marketing in the age of turbulence, Publica Publishing, Bucuresti;
12. Mera, Valentina; Silaghi-Pop, Monica, An Insight Regarding Economic Growth and Monetary Policy in Romania, Scientific Annals of the “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University of Iasi Economic Sciences 62 (SI), 2015, 85-95, DOI 10.1515/aicue-2015-0039;
13. Minculete (Piko), Georgiana; Baltes, Nicolae, Economic and Financial Implications of the Pharmaceutical Industry in Romania, Revista Studia Universitatis “Vasile Goldis”, Numarul 1, Volumul 24, 2014;
14. Mocnik, Dijana; Sirec, Karin, Determinats of a Fast-Growing firm’s profits: Empirical evidence for Slovenia, Scientific Annals of the “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University of Iasi Economic Sciences 62 (1), 2015, 37-54, DOI 10.1515/aicue-2015-0003;
15. Mukherjee, Chandan; White, Howard; Wuyts, Marc (1998), Econometrics and data analysis for developing countries, Routledge, UK;
16. Petersen, Christian; Plenborg, Thomas, Financial Statement Analysis: valuation, credit analysis, executive compensation, Prentice Hall Financial Times Edition, 2012, England, ISBN: 978-0-273-75235-6;
17. Petrescu, Silvia (2010) Analizasi diagnostic financiar-contabil, Editia a III-a revizuitasi actualtizata, Editura CECCAR, Bucuresti;
18. Robu, Vasile; Anghel, Ion; Serban, Elena-Claudia (2014) Analiza economico-financiaraa firmei, Editura Economica, Bucuresti;
19. Soliman, Mark (2008), The Use of DuPont Analysis by Market Participants, The Accounting Review, Vol. 83, No. 3: http://faculty.haas.berkeley.edu/kli/papers/Soliman-2008TAR.pdf.
20. Tichindelean, Mihai (2014), Marketing relational – abordare teoreticasi instrumentala, Editura Pro Universitaria, Bucuresti;
21. Young, David; Cohen, Jacob (2013), Corporate Financial Reporting and Analysis – a Global Perspectiv, John Wiley & Sons Ltd, England;
22. The pharmaceuticalindustry in Romania: maintrendsandthe impact on societyandtheeconomy (2011), Institute for Economic Forecasting, 2011: