Professional training of the agents of the US Border Patrol Special Operations Groups has been substantiated in the article. Special attention has been paid to revealing Selection and Training Course (STC) of the Border Patrol Tactical Unit (BORTAC) and the Border Patrol Search, Trauma, and Rescue Unit (BORSTAR). It has been determined that BORTAC STC lasts over a month and candidates who pass the initial testing must then complete a timed, six-mile ruck march with a weighted pack, swimming, treading water and drown-proofing. As indicated in the article, in case of successful completion of the testing phase, candidates undergo weeks of intense training in tactics and airmobile operations, operational planning and weapon skills. As mentioned further, BORSTAR STC foresees a physical abilities test: a minimum of 7 pull-ups, 40 push-ups, 60 sit-ups (in 2 minutes), 1,5 mile run in 11 minutes or less, and a 250-yard swim. The following disciplines are taught during the course: the basic incident management system and incident command system, technical rescue framing, land navigation, tactical medicine framing, swift-water rescue technician framing etc. Besides, the curricula of such disciplines as “Tactics and special training”, “Topography”, “Weapons practice", “Tactical medicine", “Physical framing” (104 academic hours and 88 hours of classrooms lessons) for the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine mobile forces framing have been presented. The SBGSU mobile personnel framing program lies in a thorough study of the specifics of service management and carrying out of service duties, as well as learning of the SBGSU mobile units ’ personnel actions during protection of the state border, personal security and the use of force. The main objective of the framing course is to acquire the special knowledge and practical skills necessary for performing the main tasks on the state border protection, which are prescribed by professional duties. At the same time, the focus is made on the practical component of the actions of the border guards. In addition, they improve knowledge and skills during the framing process.
1. Bereziuk, O. M (2017). Pryhordonnyky ta predstavnyky posolstva SSHA obhovoryly reformy DPSU. Retrieved from http://www.unn.com.ua/uk/:news/1645928-prikordonmki-ta-predstavmki-posolstva-sska-obgovorili-reformi-dpsu.
2. Border Patrol Special Operations Group. (2016). US Customs and Border Protection. Retrieved from http://www.cbp.gov/document/fact-skeets/border-patrol-special-operations-group-sog.
4. Desiatyi mobilnyi piykordoimyi zahin. (2017). Struktura. Retrieved from http://dpsu.gov.ua/ua/stmcture/chastuu-centrahogo-pidporyadkuvannya/10-mobilniy-prikordonniy-zagiii/.
5. DHS Office of Inspector General. (2016). CBP’s special operations group program cost and effectiveness are unknown. Retrieved from http://www.oig.dks.gov.
6. Jacobellis. N. (2014). BORTAC: the US border sentinels. Retrieved from http://www.tactical-life.com/military-and-pokce/bortac-us-border-sentinels/#tw-dec-bortac-truck.
7. Kyrylenko. V. A., & Meiko. O. V. (2013). Shchodo pytannia poshuku skliakkiv pidvyshchennia efektyvnosti vykonanma zavdan mobilnymy pidrozdilamy relnonahiykh upravlin. Naukovyi zhumal “Suchasni infonnatsiini tekhnolohii u sferi bezpeky ta oborony, 2(17X81-86.
8. Lemeskko. V. V. (2016). Zastosuvannia pnkordonnykli pidrozdiliv dlia vykonanma spetsialnykk zavdan: retrospektyvnyi analiz ta perspektyvy rozvytku. Zbimyk naukovykh prats Natsionalnoi akademii Derzhavnoi prykordonnoi sluzhby Ukrainy. Seriia: viiskovi ta tekhnichni nauky, 4 (70), 101-117.
9. Mobilni pidrozdily. (2017). Derzhavnapry'kordonna sluzhba Ukrainy. Retrieved from http://dpsu.gov.ua/ua/mobilni-pidrozdih/.
10. Southwortli, S. A, & Tanner. S. (2002). US. Special Forces: a guide to America’s special operations units - the world’s most Elite fighting foreeCambridge. MA: Da Capo Press.
11. Trembovetskyi, O. H., & Zhuk. S. N. (2016). Stratekiia reformuvannia Derzhavnoi prykordonnoi sluzhby Ukrainy v aspekti pidhotovky do protydii vyiavam hibrydnoi viiny na derzhavnomu kordoni. Zbimyk nauko\ykh prats Natsionalnoi akademii Derzhavnoi pry'kordonnoi sluzhby Ukrainy. Seriia: viiskovi ta tekhnichni nauky, 4 (70), 143-152.