A 40-year-old female patient presented to our clinic for bilateral nasal obstruction, anteroposterior mucopurulent rhinorrhea, recurrent micro-epistaxis, anosmia, left otodynia, fever and sweating. The ENT findings and CT scan detected a septal tumor with predominant extension in the left nostril, with erosive character of the osteo-cartilaginous septal structure, without sinusal involvement and left lateralcervical adenopathy. Resection of the entire septal tumor formation was performed. The histopathological outcome revealed non-Hodgkin’s small-type NK/T extranodal nasal-type lymphoma – immunohistochemical tests confirmed histogenesis.
2. Chim CS, Ma SY, Au WY, Choy C, Lie AK, Liang R, et al. Primary nasal natural killer cell lymphoma: long-term treatment outcome and relationship with the International Prognostic Index. Blood. 2004;103(1):216-21. Epub 2003 Aug 21.
3. PDQ Pediatric Treatment Editorial Board. Childhood Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment (PDQ®): Health Professional Version. 2018 Aug 22. In: PDQ Cancer Information Summaries [Internet]. Bethesda (MD): National Cancer Institute (US); 2002-. [Table], Table 1. Ann Arbor Staging Classification for Hodgkin Lymphoma. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK65726/table/CDR0000062933__557/
4. Kwong YL, Anderson BO, Advani R, Kim WS, Levine AM, Lim ST, et al. Management of T-cell and natural-killer-cell neoplasms in Asia: consensus statement from the Asian Oncology Summit 2009. Lancet Oncol. 2009;10(11):1093-101. DOI: 10.1016/S1470-2045(09)70265-7.
5. Au WY, Weisenburger DD, Intragumtornchai T, Nakamura S, Kim WS, Sng I, et al. Clinical differences between nasal and extranasal natural killer/T-cell lymphoma: a study of 136 cases from the International Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma Project. Blood. 2009;113(17):3931-7. DOI: 10.1182/blood-2008-10-185256. Epub 2008 Nov 24.
6. Ma X, Guo Y, Pang Z, Wang B, Lu H, Gu YJ, et al. A randomized phase II study of CEOP with or without semustine as induction chemotherapy in patients with stage IE/IIE extranodal NK/T-cell lymphoma, nasal type in the upper aerodigestive tract. Radiother Oncol. 2009;93(3):492-7. DOI: 10.1016/j.radonc.2009.08.045. Epub 2009 Sep 24.
7. Kim SJ, Kim BS, Choi CW, Seo HY, Seol HR, Sung HJ, et al. Treatment outcome of front-line systemic chemotherapy for localized extranodal NK/T cell lymphoma in nasal and upper aerodigestive tract. Leuk Lymphoma. 2006;47(7):1265-73.