Under the new normal of China’s economy, the competition among the port enterprises is not only the competition of the core competence of the port, the port industry chain or the port supply chain, but also the competition of the port service ecosystem. In this paper, the concept and characteristics of the port service ecosystem is discussed, a hierarchical model of the port service ecosystem is constructed. As an extended logistic model, Lotka-Volterra model is applied to study the competitive co-evolution and mutually beneficial co-evolution of enterprises in the port service ecosystem. This paper simulates the co-evolution of enterprises in the port service ecosystem by using MATLAB programming. The simulation results show that the breadth of the niche of the enterprises is changing with the change of the competition coefficient and the coefficient of mutual benefit in the port service ecosystem. Based on that, some proposals are put forward to ensure the healthy and orderly development of the port service ecosystem.
1. Wei Liu, Wenjuan Li, and Xu Xu, The Analysis of the PPP Financing Model Application in Ports of China. Journal of Coastal Research. 2015, 73(spl): 4-8, DOI: 10.2112/ SI73-002.1
2. Shanqing Zhu, Jianxin Chen. Review of coastal ports infrastructure in 2015. China Ports, 2016, (5): 9-11. DOI:10.3969/j.issn.1006-124X.2016.05.004
3. Xin Shi, Huan Li. Developing the port hinterland: Different perspectives and their application to Shenzhen Port, China. Research in Transportation Business & Management, 2016. 6. DOI: 10.1016/j.rtbm.2016.05.004
4. Guohua Zhang. The Road of Ports transformation and upgrading under the strategy of “the Belt and Road”. China National Conditions and Strength. 2015, (3): 17-19. DOI: 10.3969/j.issn.1004-2008.2015.03.006
5. Moore, J. F. Predators and prey: the new ecology of competition. Harvard Business Review. 1993, 71(3), 75-83.
6. Moore, J. F. The Death of Competition: Leader and Strategy in the Age of Business Eco-systems. New York: Harper Business Press, 1996.
7. Shukuan Zhao, Taoqun Hao and Jinjin Li. Analysis of enterprise ecosystem evolution based on logistic model. Industrial Technology Economics, 2008, 27(10), 70-72. DOI:10.3969/j.issn.1004-910X.2008.10.021.
8. Yong Ma and Chan Zhou. Construction and Management Innovation of Tourism Industry Ecosystem. Journal of Wuhan University, 2014, (4): 5-9. DOI: 10.3969/j. issn.1009-2277.2014.04.001.
9. Na Zhao. Port Strategic Coordination. Zhejiang University Press, 2012.
10. Cebrian J. Energy flows in ecosystems. Science, 2015, 349: 1053-1054. DOI:10.1126/science.aad0684
11. Bin Hu. The Dynamic Evolution and Operation of Enterprise Ecosystems. Hohai University, 2006.
12. Flint D J, Lusch R F, Vargo S L. The supply chain management of shopper marketing as viewed through a service ecosystem lens. International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, 2014, 44(1/2): 23-38. DOI: 10.1108/IJPDLM-12-2012-0350.
13. Chen, Jihong, et al. Operational Efficiency Evaluation of Iron Ore Logistics at the Ports of Bohai Bay in China: Based on the PCA-DEA Model. Mathematical Problems in Engineering. 2016(1), 1-13. DOI: 10.1155/2016/9604819
14. Zou, De Ling, M. Xu, and C. J. Zheng. “The Evaluation and Analysis on Port Service Development - As Ningbo and Shanghai Port for Example.”Advanced Materials Research, 2013, 712-715: 2986-2990. DOI:10.4028/www.scientific.net/ AMR.712-715.2986.
15. Ye Caihong, Dong Xinping, Zhuang Peijun. Study on Resources Integration Mechanism Model in Collaborative Development of Harbor Clusters. Logistics technology. 2016, (6): 81-85. DOI:10.3969/j.issn.1005-152X.2016.06.018
16. Wei Wang. Based on Lotka-Volterra Model of Chengdu Multi-Airport System. Logistics Engineering and Management. 2015, 0(9): 177-179. DOI:10.3969/j. issn.1674-4993.2015.09.069.
17. Ruifrok J L, Janzen T, Kuijper D P, et al. Cyclical succession in grazed ecosystems: the importance of interactions between different-sized herbivores and different-sized predators. Theoretical Population Biology, 2015, in press: 31-39. DOI: 10.1016/j.tpb.2015.02.001
18. Iansiti M and Levien R. The Keystone Advantage: What the New Dynamics of Business Ecosystems Mean for Strategy, Innovation, and Sustain ability. Future Survey, 2004, 20(2): 88-90. DOI: 10.5465/AMP.2006.20591015
19. Zhijun Gao, shan liu .Study on Value Creating in Service Ecosystem Based on Service Dominated Logic. Service Science and Management. 2017,6 : 83-97. DOI: 10.12677/ SSEM.2017.62012
20. Shiyuan Zheng, R.R. Negenborn. Price negotiation between supplier and buyer under uncertainty with fixed demand and elastic demand. International Journal of Production Economics. 2015-06-01. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijpe.2015.05.024.
21. Waller M A, Fawcett S E. Data Science, Predictive Analytics, and Big Data: A Revolution That Will Transform Supply Chain Design and Management. Journal of Business Logistics, 2013, 34(2): 77-84. DOI: 10.1111/jbl.12010.