In the paper, new trends in the development of microchannel heat exchangers are presented. The exchangers developed in this way can be applied in marine industry. Main attention is focused on heat exchanger design with reduced size of passages, namely based on microchannels. In authors′ opinion, future development of high power heat exchangers will be based on networks of micro heat exchangers.
1. Korczewski Z., Zacharewicz M.: Alternative diagnostic method applied on marine diesel engines having limited monitoring susceptibility. Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control, 2012, Vol. 34, No.8, pp.937-946.
3. Jakubowski M.: Influence of pitting corrosion on fatigue and corrosion fatigue of ship and offshore structures. Part II: Load - pit crack interaction. Polish Maritime Research, 2015, Vol.22, No.3, pp.57-66.
4. Ambroziak A., Kłosowski P.: Mechanical properties for preliminary design of structures made from PVC coated fabric. Construction and Building Materials, 2014, Vol.50, pp.74-81.
5. Ambroziak A., Kłosowski P.: Mechanical properties of polyvinyl chloride-coated fabric under cyclic tests. Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, 2014, Vol.33, No.3, pp.225-234.
6. Sabik A., Kreja I.: Large thermo-elastic displacement and stability FEM analysis of multilayered plates and shells. Thin-Walled Structures, 2013, Vol.71, pp.119-133.
7. Mikielewicz D., Klugmann M., Wajs J.: Flow boiling intensification in minichannels by means of mechanical flow turbulising inserts. International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 2013, Vol.65, pp.79-91.
8. Szymkiewicz A., Modelling water flow in unsaturated porous media: Accounting for nonlinear permeability and material heterogeneity, Heidelberg, Springer, 2013.
9. Wajs J., Mikielewicz D.: Effect of Surface Roughness on Thermal-hydraulic Characteristics of Plate Heat Exchanger. Key Engineering Materials, 2014, Vol.597, pp.63-74.
10. Cieśliński J.T., Mosdorf R.: Gas bubble dynamics - experiment and fractal analysis. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2005, Vol.48, No.9, pp.1808-1818.
11. Wajs J., Mikielewicz D., Fornalik-Wajs E.: Thermal performance of a prototype plate heat exchanger with minichannels under boiling conditions. Journal of Physics Conference Series, 2016, Vol.745, 032063.
12. Refprop v.9.0 National Institute of Standards, 2010.
13. Wilson E.E.: A basis for rational design of heat transfer apparatus Trans. ASME, 1915, Vol.37, pp.47-82.
14. Adams T.M., Abdel-Khalik S.I., Jeter S.M., Qureshi Z.H.: An experimental investigation of single-phase forced convection in microchannels. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 1998, Vol.41, pp.851-857.
15. Moffat R.J.: Describing the uncertainties in experimental results. Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, 1988, Vol.1, pp.3-17.
16. Zrooga A-B.S.R.: Experimental and theoretical study of boiling and dryout phenomenon of ethanol in vertical minitubes. (Ph.D. thesis) Gdansk University of Technology, 2010.
17. Deja M., Siemiątkowski M.S.: Feature-based generation of machining process plans for optimised parts manufacture. Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, 2013, Vol.24, No.4, pp.831-846.
18. Szłapczyński R.: Evolutionary Planning of Safe Ship Tracks in Restricted Visibility. Journal of Navigation, 2015, Vol.68, No.1, pp.39-51.