In the paper, new trends in the development of microchannel heat exchangers are presented. The exchangers developed in this way can be applied in marine industry. Main attention is focused on heat exchanger design with reduced size of passages, namely based on microchannels. In authors′ opinion, future development of high power heat exchangers will be based on networks of micro heat exchangers.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Korczewski Z. Zacharewicz M.: Alternative diagnostic method applied on marine diesel engines having limited monitoring susceptibility. Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control 2012 Vol. 34 No.8 pp.937-946.
3. Jakubowski M.: Influence of pitting corrosion on fatigue and corrosion fatigue of ship and offshore structures. Part II: Load - pit crack interaction. Polish Maritime Research 2015 Vol.22 No.3 pp.57-66.
4. Ambroziak A. Kłosowski P.: Mechanical properties for preliminary design of structures made from PVC coated fabric. Construction and Building Materials 2014 Vol.50 pp.74-81.
5. Ambroziak A. Kłosowski P.: Mechanical properties of polyvinyl chloride-coated fabric under cyclic tests. Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites 2014 Vol.33 No.3 pp.225-234.
6. Sabik A. Kreja I.: Large thermo-elastic displacement and stability FEM analysis of multilayered plates and shells. Thin-Walled Structures 2013 Vol.71 pp.119-133.
7. Mikielewicz D. Klugmann M. Wajs J.: Flow boiling intensification in minichannels by means of mechanical flow turbulising inserts. International Journal of Thermal Sciences 2013 Vol.65 pp.79-91.
8. Szymkiewicz A. Modelling water flow in unsaturated porous media: Accounting for nonlinear permeability and material heterogeneity Heidelberg Springer 2013.
9. Wajs J. Mikielewicz D.: Effect of Surface Roughness on Thermal-hydraulic Characteristics of Plate Heat Exchanger. Key Engineering Materials 2014 Vol.597 pp.63-74.
10. Cieśliński J.T. Mosdorf R.: Gas bubble dynamics - experiment and fractal analysis. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 2005 Vol.48 No.9 pp.1808-1818.
11. Wajs J. Mikielewicz D. Fornalik-Wajs E.: Thermal performance of a prototype plate heat exchanger with minichannels under boiling conditions. Journal of Physics Conference Series 2016 Vol.745 032063.
12. Refprop v.9.0 National Institute of Standards 2010.
13. Wilson E.E.: A basis for rational design of heat transfer apparatus Trans. ASME 1915 Vol.37 pp.47-82.
14. Adams T.M. Abdel-Khalik S.I. Jeter S.M. Qureshi Z.H.: An experimental investigation of single-phase forced convection in microchannels. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 1998 Vol.41 pp.851-857.
15. Moffat R.J.: Describing the uncertainties in experimental results. Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science 1988 Vol.1 pp.3-17.
16. Zrooga A-B.S.R.: Experimental and theoretical study of boiling and dryout phenomenon of ethanol in vertical minitubes. (Ph.D. thesis) Gdansk University of Technology 2010.
17. Deja M. Siemiątkowski M.S.: Feature-based generation of machining process plans for optimised parts manufacture. Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing 2013 Vol.24 No.4 pp.831-846.
18. Szłapczyński R.: Evolutionary Planning of Safe Ship Tracks in Restricted Visibility. Journal of Navigation 2015 Vol.68 No.1 pp.39-51.