This article was aimed to analyse the working condition of the coupling mechanism in Chinese shipbuilding industry cluster. Literature review was conducted to unveil the coupling mechanism of shipbuilding industry cluster, providing analysis of the present development of shipbuilding industry. A theoretical model was proposed by using the efficacy function and the capacity of the coupling coefficient while measuring the coupling of the shipbuilding industry cluster. Four coupling characteristics were found including relevant, systemic, diversity, and collaborative in the shipbuilding industry cluster. The shipbuilding industry cluster has two levels of coupling mechanism including the core layer coupling mechanism and the support layer coupling mechanism respectively. The improvement through coupling the core layer, support layer, and the coupling between two levels, is an effective way to achieve long-term stable development in Chinese shipbuilding industry cluster.
1. Huang Jin. Chinese shipbuilding industry cluster development stratify[D].Hunan University.2006.(in Chinese)
2. Cao Yousheng, Liu Xisong. Research on elemental factors and countermeasures in promoting cluster of China shipbuilding industry[J].Ship Building of China,2007(3):91-95. (in Chinese)
3. Tao Yonghong, Yang Haisong. On development mode and strategy of shipbuilding industrial cluster in Yangtze River Delta[J].Journal of Jiangsu University of Science and Technology(Social Science Edition), 2007(6):33-38. (in Chinese)
4. Li Hao. Research on the Yangtze River Delta ship industry cluster development[D].Lanzhou University.2009. (in Chinese)
5. Hu Wei, Yu Yingying. Research on the development model and strategic of Wuhu ship industrial cluster[J].Machine Design and Manufacturing Engineering,2013(3):22-25. (in Chinese)
6. Tao Yonghong. Formation mechanism and developments research of the shipbuilding industry cluster based on The Symbiosis Theory[D].Nanjing University of Science & Technology.2005. (in Chinese)
7. Zhao Xin. The research on Chinese shipbuilding industry cluster[D].Dongbei University of Finance and Economics.2007. (in Chinese)
8. Wang Lei. The Research on formation and development of the shipbuilding industrial clusters in Yangtze River Delta[D].Shandong University.2010. (in Chinese)
9. Shin, Dong-Ho, Hassink, Robert. Cluster life cycles: the case of the shipbuilding industry cluster in South Korea[J]. Regional study.2011,45(10):1387-1402. (in Chinese)
10. Zong Shengchun. Research on Yantai shipbuilding industrial cluster and its development strategy[D].Ocean University of China.2013. (in Chinese)
11. Zhang Mudan, Zeng Yihui. The development thoughts and countermeasures on the shipbuilding industry cluster in the ecological economic zone of Dongting Lake[J]. Business,2014(2):301. (in Chinese)
12. Li Kai, Li Shijie. Coupling structure of equipment manufacture industrial clusters: a new view on the industrial clusters[J].China Industrial Economy, 2005(2):51-57. (in Chinese)
13. Ruan Yanyan, Qi Zhenfa. The study of coupling degree of manufacturing clusters[J].Journal of Shandong University of Technology(Natural Science Edition),2010(11):107-110. (in Chinese)
14. Yuan Yijun, Ren Huanhuan, Zhang Mengmeng. Coupled network analysis and upgrading path of equipment manufacturing industry[J].Science & Technology Progress and Policy,2012(5):59-61. (in Chinese)
15. Liu Weiwei, Sun Ru. Research on coupling degree measurement between knowledge innovation and technological innovation of High-End equipment manufacturing enterprises[J].Science of Science and Management of S.& T., 2014(7):17-22. (in Chinese)
16. Jie Fu, Tianxing Cai, Qiang Xu. Coupling multiple waterreuse network designs for agile manufacturing[J]. Computers and Chemical Engineering.2012,45(12):62-71.
17. Du Jiming, Yu Bo, Yao Xilong. Selection of leading industries for coal resource cities based on coupling coordination of industry’s technological innovation[J].International Journal of Mining Science and Technology.2012,22(3):317-321.
18. Zou Hua, Sun Jian, Sunjinliang. Research on the coupling development of technology innovation and technology upgrading of equipment manufacturing industry-a case study of Liaoning[J].Science & Technology Progress and Policy, 2014(8):76-79. (in Chinese)
19. Wu Dejin. Organizational nature of industrial cluster:property and connotation[J].China Industrial Economy, 2004(7):14-20. (in Chinese)
20. Wang Hui, Zhang Guangming. Analysis of shipbuilding supply chain structure characteristics and competitive advantage in shipbuilding industry cluster[J].Marine Technology,2007(1):4-6. (in Chinese)
21. Li Yong. On Coupling mechanism of regional industry[J]. Business Economy,2010(5):31-34. (in Chinese)
22. Qiu Guodong, Ma Qiaohui. The endogenous coupling mechanism of technological innovation and institutional innovation: the secret of corporation growth-a case study of Geely and Hyundai[J].China Soft Science,2013(12):94-113. (in Chinese)
23. Xu Yulian, Wang Yudong, Lin Yan. Research on coupling coordinated degree evaluation of regional sci-tech innovation and sci-tech finance[J].Science of Science and Management of S.& T., 2011(12):116-122. (in Chinese)
24. Varile. Dictionary of Physics (in Chinese)[M].Beijing: Foreign Language Press,1996.
25. Kowalski, Jakub; Lesniewski, Wojciech; Litwin, Wojciech. Multi-source-supplied parallel hybrid propulsion of the inland passenger ship STAH Research work on energy efficiency of a hybrid propulsion system operating in the electric motor drive mode[J]. Polish Maritime Research, 2013, 20(3): 20-27.
26. Liu Yaobin, Song Xuefeng. Coupling degree model and its forecasting model of urbanization and ecological environment[J].Journal of China university of Mining & Technology, 2005(1):91-96. (in Chinese)
27. Jiang, Haibo; Tang, Kai; He, Xinlin. Experimental Studies on Reduction of Evaporation from Plain Reservoirs in Drought Areas by Benzene Board Covering Technology[J]. Journal of Coastal Research, 2015, SI73: 177-182.