The formation of deposits on heat exchange surfaces of combustion equipment causes a decrease in heat exchange, a decrease in power, and consequently deterioration in the economic balance of combustion equipment. The technology of French company A. I. T. DRIVEX has been developing and being applied in practice for many decades. Preventive technology is used as a mean reagent periodically injected during operation into the combustion chamber. Part of the application is always pre-prepared project resolving the location of the injection nozzles into the combustion chamber on the flue gas path. The article describes the experimental usage of reagent GEPERSUITE 2200 at the Sermaize refinery in France. The aim of the test is to evaluate the benefits and advantages of applied technology in the boiler refinery in full operation. The results clearly demonstrate that using the reagent GEPERSUITE 2200 is advantageous in terms of economic and technical properties.
1. Jiang, D., Xu, H., Khan, H.I., Deng, B. & Zhang, N. (2017). Transport of corrosion products in the steam-water cycle of supercritical power plant. Therm. Engineer. 113, 1164–1169. DOI: 10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2016.11.119.
2. Bilitewski, B., Härdtle, G. & Marek, K. (1994). Waste Management. Berlin Heidelberg, Germany: Springer-Verlag. ISBN: 3-540-59210-5.
3. Obroučka, K. (2003). Thermal waste treatment and energy recovery. 1st edition. Ostrava: VSB-Technical University of Ostrava. ISBN 80-248-0009-8.
4. Leskens, M., van Kessel, L.B.M. & Bosgra, O.H. (2005). Model predictive control as a tool for improving the process operation of MSW combustion plants. Waste Managem. 25, 8, 788–798. DOI: 10.1016/j.wasman.2005.03.005.
5. Kuriger, R., Young, D., Mackenzie, M., Sarv, H. & Trembly, J. (2017). Phase analysis of scale deposition in boiler tubes utilizing steam-assisted gravity drainage produced water. J. Therm. Sci. Engineer. Appl. 9 (1), 011009. DOI: 10.1115/1.4034598.
6. Raman, B., Hall, D.M., Shulder, S.J., Caravaggio, M.F. & Lvov, S.N. (2016). An experimental study of deposition of suspended magnetite in high temperature-high pressure boiler type environments. Coll.Surf. A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. 508, 48–56. DOI: 10.1016/j.colsurfa.2016.08.018.
7. Gao, Z., Zhao, H., Fan, J., Yin, L. & Liao, Y. (2016). Study on structure optimization and heat-transfer characteristics of high-tennperature convective heating surface in pressurized oxy-fuel boilers. J. Chinese Soc. Power Engineer. 36(10), 773–780. ISSN: 16747607.
8. Li, J., Zhai, Z., Wang, J. & Huang, S. (2016). On-line fouling monitoring model of condenser in coal-fired power plants. Therm. Engineer. 104, 628–635. DOI: 10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2016.04.131.
9. Jalalirad, M.R., Abd-Elhady, M.S. & Malayeri, M.R. (2013). Cleaning action of spherical projectiles in tubular heat exchangers International. J. Heat Mass Trans. 57, (2), 491–499. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2012.10.071.
10. Garba, M.U., Ingham, D.B., Ma, L., Degereji, M.U., Pourkashanian, M. & Wiliams, A. (2013). Modelling of deposit formation and sintering for the co-combustion of coal with biomass. Fuel 113(11), 863–872. DOI: 10.1016/j.fuel.2012.12.065.
11. Decree of the Czech Ministry of the Environment No 415/2012 Coll., on permissible level of pollution and the discovery and implementation of certain other provisions of the Clean Air Act (emission regulation).
12. Li, J., Wang, P. & Cheng, L. (2016). Characteristics of ash deposition on a novel heat transfer surface. Huag. Xue./CIESC J. 67(9), 3598–3606. DOI: 10.11949/j.issn.0438-1157.20160232.
13. Iannacone, M.M., Castle, J.W. & Rodgers, Jr., J.H. (2009). Characterization of flue gas desulfurization particulates in equalization basins. Fuel 88(9), 1580–1587. DOI: 10.1016/j.fuel.2009.02.035.
14. Bigham, J.M., Kost, D.A., Stehouwer, R.C., Beeghly, J.H., Fowler, R., Traina, S.J., Wolfe, W.E. & Dick, W.A. (2005). Mineralogical and engineering characteristics of dry flue gas desulfurization products. Fuel 84(14–15), 1839–1848. DOI: 10.1016/j.fuel.2005.03.018.
15. Zacco, A., Borgese, L., Gianoncelli, A., Depero, L.E. & Bontempi, E. (2014). Review of fly ash inertisation treatments and recycling. Environ. Chem. Lett. 12(1), 153–175. DOI: 10.1007/s10311-014-0454-6.
16. Fry, A., Adams, B., Davis, K., Swensen, D. & Cox, W. (2012). Fire-side corrosion of heat transfer surface materials with air- and oxy-coal combustion. In Air and Waste Management Association – Power Plant Air Pollutant Control “MEGA” Symposium 2012, Baltimore, MD, USA; 20–23rd August 2012.
17. Alba, N., Gassó, S., Lacorte, T. & Baldasano, J.M. (1997). Characterization of Municipal Solid Waste incineration residues from facilities with different air pollution control systems. J. Air Waste Managem. Assoc. 47(11), 1170–1179. ISSN: 10962247.
18. Van Kessel, L.B.M., Leskens, M. & Brem, G. (2002). Calorific value sensor and validation of dynamic models applied to municipal solid waste combustion. IChemE The Chemical Engineer. 80 B5, 245–255. DOI: 10.1205/095758202762277605.
19. Breeding, Ch., Tandra, D. & Shah, S. (2010). Boiler Cleaning Using ISB (Intelligent Soot Blowing) System Integration. In ASME 2010 Power Conference, Chicago, USA, 13–15th July 2010.
20. A.I.T. Drivex. (2003). Contre l’encrassement des chaudieres, Revue du Papier Carton, Issue 65, October 2003 (pp. 46–48).