The aim of the work presented in the article was to clarify controversial comments about anti-corrosion and mechanical properties of graphene coatings, deposited on copper substrates. It was designed special experimental cycle comprising: preparation of graphene forms and copper, the observation of layers Cu / GO (rGO) after the thermal reduction processes and oxidative test in air at 150°C temperature and 350 h in time. The resulting coatings and graphene layers were subjected to tribological test for hardness. The observed differences in the continuity of the coverage copper surface by graphene forms, allowed to understand the macroscopic effect of increased hardness and wear resistance layers rGO/Cu.
4. Bunch, J.S., Verbridge, S.S., Alden, J.S., Arend, M. van der Zande, Parpia, J.M., Craighead, H.G. & McEuen, P.L. (2008). Impermeable Atomic Membranes from Graphene Sheets, NANO LETTERS, Vol. 8, No. 8, 2458–2462. DOI: 10.1021/nl801457b.
5. Boukhvalov, D.W. & Virojanadara, C. (2012). Penetration of alkali atoms throughout a graphene membrane: theoretical modeling, Nanoscale 4, 1749–1753. DOI: 10.1039/C2NR11892K.
6. Nair, R.R., Wu, H.A., Jayaram P.N., Grigorieva, I.V. & Geim A.K. (2012). Unimpeded Permeation of Water Through Helium-Leak–Tight Graphene-Based Membranes, Sci., Jan 27, Vol. 335, No. 6067, 442–444. DOI: 10.1126/science.1211694.
7. Boukhvalov, D.W. & Katsnelson, M.I. (2013). Origin of Anomalous Water Permeation through Graphene Oxide Membrane, Nano letters, July 19, 13(8), 3930–3935. DOI: 10.1021/nl4020292.
8. Jianchen, Hu, Yanfeng, Ji, Yuanyuan, Shi, Fei, Hui, Huiling, Duan & Mario, Lanza, (2014). A Review on the use of Graphene as a Protective Coating against Corrosion, Ann. Mater. Science & Engineering, Vol. 1, Issue 3.
9. Singh, B.P., Nayak, S., Nanda, K., Bikash, K.J., Bhattacharjee, S. & Besra, L. (2013). The production of a corrosion resistant graphene reinforced composite coating on copper by electrophoretic deposition, Carbon, Vol. 61, September 2013, Pages 47–56. DOI: 10.1016/j.carbon.2013.04.063.
10. Yao, Tong, Siva, Bohm & Mo, Song, (2013). Graphene based materials and their composites as coatings, Austin J. Nanomed. & Nanotech., Vol. 1 Issue 1.
11. Schriver, M., Regan, W., Gannett, W.J., Zaniewski, A. M., Crommie, M.F. & Zettl, A. (2013). Graphene as a Long-Term Metal Oxidation Barrier: Worse Than Nothing, ACS Nano, Vol. 7, No. 7, 5763–5768. DOI: 10.1021/nn4014356.