This article discusses issues related to safety during kitesurfing (swimming on a board with a kite). The considerations are based on risk management procedures. These procedures can be described interchangeably as managing your own safety. Risk management allows you to minimize threats without sacrificing your planned sport goals. The authors first describe the procedures related to the identification of threats occurring in this discipline. Teaching and practicing kitesurfing involves overcoming a large number of threats. These threats can have both external and internal character. The next stage is risk analysis, understood as the product of negative events and the probability of their occurrence. Afterwards, we discuss the ways of dealing with the threat in the event of its occurrence. The last stage is the risk control (tracking) - whether new threats have emerged, or the level of risk has remained unchanged. The described methodical impacts can be labelled as education for safety.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Education for safety. Core curriculum. (Zał. nr 4 Rozp. Min. Eduk. Narod. z dn. 23 12 2008http://www.men.gov.pl/);
2. Goszczyńska M. Man in the face of threats. Conditions for risk assessment and acceptance Żak Warszawa 1997;
3. Kaczmarek T.T. (2008) Risk and risk management Wydawnictwo Difin Warszawa;
4. Kunysz P. (2012) Kitesurfing – a safe easy and modern form of sailing. W: New directions of sailing and water tourism development: monograph / red. Nauk. Antoni F.Komorowski Tomasz Chamera Gdańsk Akademia Wychowania Fizycznego i Sportu im. Jędrzeja Śniadeckiego w Gdańsku 2012 pages 57-63; references 3rd position;
5. Kunysz P. (2008) Kitesurfing – safe and easy. Almapress Warszawa;
6. Multimedia Encyclopedia PWN 2009;
7. Rajzer M. (2001) Strategies for the diversification of enterprises Polskie Wydawnictwo Ekonomiczne Warszawa pages. 83-89;
8. Rudnicki P. Risk management www.rudnicki.com.pl pobrano 30.06.2010;
9. Act of June 6 1997 Penal Code article 162 http://kodeks-karny.ovh.org/;
10. Wiesner W. (2011) Risk management and education for safety in recreation. Zeszyty Naukowe Wyższej Szkoły Bankowej we Wrocławiu number 23 pages 197-210.