This paper presents a case report of a patient with a diagnosed complication of a sternum wound which was treated using hyperbaric oxygen, emphasizing the truism of the benefits of combined surgical therapy, antibiotic therapy and oxybarotherapy.
5. Szewczyk M.T. Cwajda J. Cierzniakowska K. et al.: Selected aspects of chronic wound treatment. Przew.Lek. 2005 5 54-60;
6. 6.Listewnik M. Kazimierczak A. Mokrzycki K.: Complications of cardiac surgery: sternal dehiscence after median sternotomy. Analysis of 14171 cases operated on in years 1990-2009; Pom J Life Sci 2015 61 4 383-388;
7. Gottrup F.: A specjalized wound - healing center concept importance of a multidisciplinary department structure and surgical treatment facilities in the treatment of chronic wounds. Am. J.Surg. 2004 187 38S-43S;
8. Krasowski G. Kruk M.: Treatment of bedsores and chronic wounds. Wydawnictwo Lekarskie PZWL Warsaw 2008;
9. Bryndza M. Filip G. Bartuś K. et al.: Hyperbaric oxygen therapy in treating a poorly healing wound following cardiac surgery in a patient with congenital connective tissue defect - case; Polish Hyperbaric Research 2017 4(61) 25-32.