Development of ecological network of different taxonomic ranks is a weighty contribution to regional sustainable development. It proved to be among the most efficient ways to help preserve biological and landscape diversity. National eco-network in Ukraine is being formed alongside with European network. However, its development in this country is connected with certain problems existing on both national and local levels. Our analysis of national eco-network’s present-day state showed that Ukraine is rather successful in the concept’s realization. The network’s territory dynamically increases; legal and regulatory framework and methodical/applied approaches are being developed; and neighboring states are closely and intensely cooperated with in questions of formation of econetwork elements within boundary territories. However, the major goal - formation of eco-network as an integral system with its maximally possible continuity and inter-linkage of component elements - has not yet been achieved. The situation is explained by a number of problems occurring in juridical, economic and organizational spaces.
1. * * * (1995), Pan-European Strategy for Biological and Landscape Diversity. European Council; Strategy. International Document of 25.10.1995,
2. Grodzynskyy, M. D.(2005), Landscape Cognition: Time and Space: A Monograph, vol. 2, Kyiv University, Kyiv, 503 p. (into Ukrainian).
3. Forman, R.T.T. (1995), Land Mosaics: The ecology of landscapes and regions, Cambridge University Press, U. K., 632 p.
4. Mac Arthur R. H., Wilson E. O. (1967), The Theory of Island Biogeography, Princeton University Press, Princeton, N. J., USA, 203 p.
5. Diamond, J. M., May, R. M. (1981), Island biogeography and the design of natural reserves, Theoretical Ecology, 2nd ed., Blackwell, Oxford, p..228-252.
6. Levins, R. (1970), Extinction, Some mathematical questions in biology, vol. II., American Mathemathic Society, Providence, R.I., USA, p.77-107.
7. Forman, R. T. T., Godron, M. (1986), Landscape Ecology, Wiley&Sons, New York, 620 p.
8. Bucek, A., Lacina, J. (1983), Vytvareni uzemnich systemu ekologicke stability jako predpoklad zachovani genofondu, Aktualni problemy ochrany fauny. UVO CSAV a KSPPOP, Brno, p.117-123.
9. Low, J. (1985), Territorial systems of the landscape ecological stability, VII-th Int. Symp. on the Problems of Landscape Ecological Research, “The Topical Problems of Landscape Ecological Research and PIanning”, Panel 1, vol. 2., Bratislava, p. 24-38.
10. Lozo, O. (2014), Ecological Network as Legal Framework of Landscape Regulation and Protection, A Collection of Works of the Kharkiv “Grygoriy Skovoroda” National Pedagogic University, Issue 21, Kharkiv, p. 91-95, (into Ukrainian).
11. Emerald Network of Europe - A Territory of Wild Flora and Fauna Protection, http://Europa.eu]
12. Samoylenko, V. M., Korogoda, N. P. (2013), Regional and Local Eco-Networks: A Manual (Classified by Ministry of Education and Science, Youth and Sports), LOGOS Publishers, Kyiv, 192 p., (into Ukrainian).
13. Sheliag-Sosonko Yu. R. (edit.) (2004), Formation of Regional Eco-Network Framings: Methodical Recommendations, Fitosotsiotsenter Publishers, Kyiv, 71 p., (into Ukrainian).
14. Pashchenko, V. M. (2004), Eco-Network Humanism: Geographical aspect, Ukrainian Geographical Magazine, no 3, Kyiv, p. 29-35, (into Ukrainian).].
15. Protsenko, L. D. (edit.) (2011), Emerald Network in Ukraine, Khimdzhest Publishers, Kyiv, (into Ukrainian).
16. Sheliag-Sosonko, Yu. R., Grodzynskyy, M. D., Romanenko, V. D.. (2004), Concepts, Methods and Criteria of Eco-Network Development in Ukraine: A Monograph, Fitosotsiocentr Publishers, Kyiv, 144 p., (into Ukrainian).
17. * * * (2014), National Environmental Report, Ministry of Ecology and Nature Resources, D.S. Grin Publishers, p. 96-131, Kyiv, Ukraine, (into Ukrainian).
18. ***(2015), National Eco-Network Development Report, https://menr.gov.ua/news/31220.html