Current changes of the environment represent the major threats to the sustainable development and are one of the biggest problems, with negative consequences on the national economy. The accelerated pace of these changes is shareholder and by the manifestation of extreme events, which in recent years become more intense and frequent. The drought events frequent manifestation over the Republic of Moldova territory, in the context of climate change, requires a scientific monitoring adjusted.
The dry period’s manifestation is greatly conditioned by increasing daytime temperatures (above 25°C) and the lower relative humidity (below 30%). At present, on the background of climate change, there is an increase of dry days. Over the Republic of Moldova territory, their occurrence during growth and development of crops particularly damaging role in obtaining low yields. Meanwhile, prolonged dry periods, may possibly cause fires, at the same time can determine lands’ irrigation and surface water quality.
In this context, there is a need to estimate the evaporation’s spatial and temporal variability, the number of dry days and their correlation to Dry Periods Index (Izu), the index developed at regional level.
1. Albu Anca-Nicoleta Relaţia Climă-Vegetaţie în Dobrogea de Sud // rezumatul tezei de doctorat, Editura Universităţii din Bucureşti, Iaşi, Bucureşti, 2009, 48 p.
2. NEDEALCOV M., et all. Various Calculation Indexes For Evaporability For Republic Of Moldova’s Territory: 2010-038 Conference on Water Observation and information system for decision support, Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia www.balwois.com/2010.
3. NEDEALCOV, M., CASTRAVEȚ T., ADAMENKO T. The agro-climatic zoning within Dniester River Bazin using GIS technologies. Lucrările Simpozionului Sisteme Informaţionale Geografice Ediţia XXII-a. 2015, Chişinău, Republica Moldova. p. 17-22. ISBN 978-9975-97744-9-4.
4. STANA O., et all. Climatic Changes impact on water –table levels in W Romania. Proceeding of the 13thInternational Conference of Enviromental Science and Technology. Athens, Greece, 5-7 September 2013.
5. RARES HALBAC-COTOARA-ZAMFIRA view on land degradation and desertification issues. Zbornik Radova. Symposium “Actual Tasks on Agricultural Engineering”, Opatija, Croatia, 2014.
6. Anuar.Starea calității apelor de suprafață conform indicilor hidrochimici pe teritoriul Republicii Moldova, Serrviciul Hidrometeorologic de Stat. Chișinău, 2015, 157 p.