This case report presents a prenatal diagnosis with postnatal confirmation (by angio CT and computer reconstruction) of an isolated double aortic arch, with no blood disturbances and with no clinical symptoms after birth. Literature review was focusing on the possible symptoms in the future. Prenatal findings should be forwarded to neonatologist and pediatrician despite clinical silence.
1. Hunter L., Callaghan N., Patel K., Prenatal echocardiographic diagnosis of double aortic arch, Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 45: 483-485
2. Gou Z., He Y., Zhang Y., et al., Prenatal diagnosis of fetal double aortic arch: report of a case, Int J Clin Exp Pathol 2015; 8 (10): 13565-13567
3. Wójtowicz A., Respondek- Liberska M., et al., The significance of a prenatal diagnosis of right aortic arch, Prenatal diagnosis 2017; 37 (4): 365-374
4. Slodki M, Moszura T, Janiak K, Sysa A, Seligman NS, Weiner S, Respondek-Liberska M. The three-vessel view in the fetal mediastinum in the diagnosis of interrupted aortic arch. Ultrasound Med Biol. 2011 Nov; 37(11):1808-13.
5. Naidu D. P., Wohlmuth C., Gardiner H. M., et al., Prenatal diagnosis of double aortic arch: can we predict obstruction (pseudo-CHAOS) and need for airway EXIT? Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2017 May; 49 (5): 660-661
6. Lago L. V., Cortes LM., Seco Del Cacho C., Prenatal diagnosis of congenital high obstruction syndrome, Indian J Radiol Imaging. 2018 Jul-Sep; 28 (3): 366-368
7. Miital S., Mittal A., Singal R., et al., An antenatal diagnosis: Congenital high airway obstruction. 2017 Jul-Sep; 20 (3): 335-336
8. Słodki M, Respondek- Liberska M. New classifications of prenatally diagnosed congenital heart defects and their influence of neonatal survivability. Prenat Cardio. 2015 Sep;5(3):6-8. doi 10.12847/09151
9. Słodki M, Respondek Liberska M. Hypoplastic left heart syndrome at the tertiary fetal cardiac center: as planned, urgent or severest congenital heart disease? Prenatal classification for obstetricians and neonatologists. Prenat Cardio. 2013 Dec;3(4):23-27. doi 10.12847/12134
10. Krishnasarma R., Green Golan Mackintosh L., Bynum F., ALTE and feeding intolerance as a presentation of double aortic arch, Case Reports in Pediatrics. Volume 2016, Article ID 8475917, 3 pages
11. Das S., Vinitha V.N., Airan B., Double aortic arch as a source of airway obstruction in a child, Ann Card Anaesth 2015; 18: 111-2
12. Gandhi H., Vikram Kumar Naidu T., Mishra A., et al., Management of a case of double aortic arch with tracheal compression complicated with postoperative tracheal restenosis, Annals of Cardiac Anaesthesia 2017; 20: 362-4
13. Houba A., Bensghir M., Ahtil R., et al., Double aortic arch presenting with respiratory distress: A case report and review of the literature, Saudi J Anaesth. 2017 Oct-Dec; 11 (4): 483-485
14. Baptista V., Azevedo I., Rio G., et al., Double aortic arch: a cause of stridor to remember, BMJ Case Rep 2015. doi: