The difficulty in determining the electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) line parameters of ferromagnetic semiconductors has been addressed. For these materials, the resonance line is very broad and lies at low resonance field, so that only a part of the line can be detected experimentally. Moreover, the line is of asymmetric (Dysonian) shape as described by the line shape parameter α. We have compared values of line parameters derived by computer fitting of the whole experimental EPR line to the Dyson function (or modified Dyson function) with the values obtained by applying this procedure to the left and the right half of the line.
4. Joshi, J. P., & Bhat, S. V. (2004). On the analysis of broad Dysonian electron paramagnetic resonance spectra. J. Magn. Reson., 168(2), 284–287. DOI: 10.1016/j.jmr.2004.03.018.
5. Blinowski, J. P., Kacman, J. A., & Majewski, J. (1996). Ferromagnetism in Cr-based diluted magnetic semiconductions. J. Cryst. Growth, 159(1/4), 972–975.
6. Peter, M., Shaltiel, D., Wernick, J. H., Williams, H. J., Mock, J. B., & Sherwood, R. C. (1962). Paramagnetic resonance of S-state ions in metals. Phys. Rev., 126(4), 1395–1402. http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRev.126.1395.
8. Bleaney, B., & Abragam, A. (1986). Electron paramagnetic resonance of transition ions. New York: Dover Publications.
9. Ivanshin, V. A., Deisenhofer, J., Krug von Nidda, H. A., Loidl, A., Mukhin, A. A., Balbashov, A. M., & Eremin, M. V. (2000). ESR study in lightly doped La1-xSrxMnO3. Phys. Rev. B, 61(9), 6213–6219. DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevB.61.6213.
10. Stefaniuk, I., Bester, M., & Kuzma, M. (2008). Ferromagnetic resonance in CdCrTe solid solution. J. Phys.-Conf. Ser., 104, 012010. DOI: 10.1088/1742-6596/104/1/012010.
11. Sreenivasan, M. G., Bi, J. F., Teo, K. L., Liew, T. J. (2008). Systematic investigation of structural and magnetic properties in molecular beam epitaxial growth of metastable zinc-blende CrTe towards half-metallicity. J. Appl. Phys., 103, 043908.
12. Kuzma, M., Stefaniuk, I., & Bester, M. (2010). Theoretical models and EPR study of Cr based diluted magnetic semiconductors. J. Phys.-Conf. Ser., 213, 012035. DOI: 10.1088/1742-6596/213/1/012035.
13. Akram, M., & Nazar, F. M. (1983). Magnetic properties of CrTe, Cr23Te24, Cr7Te8, Cr5Te6, and Cr3Te4 compounds. J. Mater. Sci., 18, 423. DOI: 10.1007/BF00560631.