Application of wind generators opens wide possibilities for raising the efficiency of low- and medium-power wind generators (WGs). The mass of generators in the proposed version is smaller, their reliability higher, while maintenance costs are lower. At the same time, the use of high-energy permanent magnets in generators of enhanced power comes up against some obstacles, which can be overcome through proper orientation of magnetization at creation of a magnetic field in the airgap of electrical machine. In this regard, it might be preferable to use magnets with indirect action on the airgap instead of those with direct action. A convincing example of the former variant is a generator with tangentially oriented magnetization of permanent magnets. In the work, an attempt is done to prove the advantages of such installation in modern low- and medium-power WGs
1. European Commission Directorate. European energy and transport. http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/energy_transport/figures/trends_2030/
2. Baranovs, O., et al. (2005). Report on the Latvian economic development. http://em.gov.lv/em/2nd/?id=32240&cat=621 (in Latvian).
3. Twedell, J., & Weir, T. (2003). Renewable Energy Resources. NY: Taylor & Francis, p. 624.
4. Dirba, J., Levin, N., & Pugachev, V. (2006). Electromechanical Converters of Wind Energy. Riga: RTU, p. 312 (in Latvian).
5. Alekseev, A. (1958). Design of the Electrical Machines. Leningrad: Gosenergoizdat, p. 428 (in Russian).
6. Boot D. A. (1990). Brushless Electrical Machines. Moscow: High School, p. 416 (in Russian).
7. Levin, N., Kamolins, E., & Vitolina. S. (2011). Brushless Electrical Machines. Riga: RTU, p. 276 (in Latvian).
8. Levin, N., & Serebryakov, A. (1991). Inductor generators in low-power wind applications. Moscow: Energoatomizdat, p. 53-55 (in Russian).
9. Levin, N., Pugachev, V., & Orlova, S. (2012). Direct-drive contactless wind generator with concentrated winding. Latv. J. Phys. Tech. Sci., 49 (4), 14-20.
10. Bronstein I., & Semendaev K. (1948). Handbook of mathematics for engineers and university students. M.-L.: OGIZ, p. 556 (in Russian).
11. Serebryakov, A., Levin, N., & Sokolov, A. (2012). Efficiency improvement of directdriven synchronous generators with excitation from strontium-ferrite permanent magnets. Latv. J. Phys. Tech. Sci., 49 (4), p. 3-13.