The article explores the use of FMEA method in the logistics processes in manufacturing plants in Bulgaria. The surveyed enterprises have a system ISO 9001 and apply different methods of analysis and assessment of logistics processes. The purpose of this study is to present a model for improving the reliability of logistics processes through the FMEA (Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) method.
An inquiry among 14 organizations in the implementation of FMEA was conducted. The results show that FMEA is not used for assessment in logistics processes and provides useful insights for decision-making to improve the reliability of supply. A framework based on the survey is presented for determining the reliability of logistics processes in manufacturing plants. The study demonstrates the applicability of the method in logistics processes and the role FMEA can play in assessing logistics processes.
1. Abdallah, S., Aidi, M., Zouari, A. and Maalej, A. (2015). Systems Engineering Used for Logistics Integration in Product Design, Journal of Traffic and Logistics Engineering Vol. 3, No. 2, pp.185-188
2. Buksa, T., D.Paulevic, Sokovic. M. (2010). Shipbuilding pipeline production quality improvement, Journal of Achievement in Material and Manufacturing, vol.32, no.1, pp. 81-91.
3. Carilson, C. (2012). Effective FMEA, published by John Wiley&Sons
4. Carlson, C. (2014). Understanding and Applying the Fundamentals of FMEAs, Reliability and Maintainability Symposium, January, 2014.
5. Curkovic, S., Scannell, T. and Wagner, B. (2013). Using FMEA for Supply Chain Risk Management, Modern Management Science & Engineering, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp.251-265
6. EunJi K., HwanSeong, K. (2015). A Reliability Model of Truck Transportation Using FMEA and FTA, Proceedings of the World Congress on Mechanical, Chemical, and Material Engineering.
7. Geum, Y., Shin, J., Park, Y. (2010). FMEA-based portfolio to service productivity improvement, The Service Industries Journal, iFirst, 1-23.
8. Hensley, R.L., Utley, J. (2011). Using reliability tools in service operations, International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management, Vol.28, no.5, 587-598.
9. Hendricks, K., Singhal, V. (2005). The Effect of Supply Chain Disruptions on Long-term Shareholder Value, Profitability, and Share Price Volatility, available at: http://sclgme.org/shopcart/Documents/The%20Effect%20of%20Supply%20Chain%20Disruptions%20on%20Longterm%20Shareholder%20Value.pdf (accessed 17 november 2016)
10. Tanik, M. (2010). Improving “order handling “process by using qfd & fmea methodologies: A case study. International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management, Vol.27, no.4, pp. 404-423.
11. Šolc M. (2012). Applying of Method FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis) in the Logistics Process, Advanced Research in Scientific Areas, pp.1906-1911
12. Sutrisno, A., Lee Tzong-Ru. (2011). Service reliability assessment using failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA): survey and opportunity roadmap, International Journal of Engineering, Science and Technology Vol. 3, No. 7, pp. 25-38
13. Schmidt, S. (2013). Preventive Methods In Logistics Poka-Yoke And Failure Mode And Effect Analysis (FMEA), Acta technica corviniensis - Bulletin of Engineering Tome VI, pp.27-30