This study aims to identify an effective management accounting and reporting concept for efficient outsourcing performance in sustainable organizations. Existing reporting norms of the “Systemanalyse und Programmentwicklung (SAP)” platform, used in JSC "Russian Railways" (further Russian Railways) were analysed. Thereby, in the paper a method of the formation of internal management accounting and reporting on the costs of outsourcing were developed. Currently, the analysis of the reports and effectiveness of outsourcing is based on the technique comparison “costs on outsourcing should be less than the cost of own units”. Effective analysis should include not one, but several factors and be based on multi-criteria approach. The main influence on the variation of such determinants as cost, productivity and staff members outsourcing has when the volume of production and prices are constant. According to the features of railway transport enterprises, existing method has been completed with statistical. It shows how outsourcing changed the performance of the company and by what factors - the average cost, or productivity, or staffing or due to variations of all three factors simultaneously. Further, the results of quantitative data analysis will be used to identify an effective management accounting in sustainable organizations while supporting the development of outsourcing.
1. Barney, J., (1991). Firm resources and sustained competitive advantage. Journal of Management. 17 (1), 99-121.
2. Coase, R., (1937). The nature of the firm. Economics. 4, 386-405.
3. Dabhilkar, M., Bengtsson, L., (2008). Invest or divest? On the relative improvement potential in outsourcing manufacturing. Production Planning & Control. 19 (3), 212-228.
4. Dankbaar, B., (2007). Global sourcing and innovation: the consequences of losing both organizational and geographical proximity. European Planning Studies. 15 (2), 271-288.
5. Drury, K. Introduction to managerial and cost accounting / / Audit, Unity. - 1998.
6. Elshankskaya D. (2012): The improvement of accounting processes with regard to the development of outsourcing relations in RZD JSC (Russian Railways). Research Journal of Higher Attestation Commission of Russia “Bulletin SSTU” # 1(#15). - Samara, 55-61. (Елшанская Д.А. Совершенствование учётных процессов формирования аутсорсинговых отношений в ОАО «РЖД». Вестник Самарского государственного университета путей сообщения. - № 1 (15), 2012 - 55-61 стр).
7. Gilley, K., Rasheed, A., (2000). Making more by doing less: an analysis of outsourcing and its effects on firm performance. Journal of Management. 26 (4), 763-790.
8. Grossman, G., (2005). Outsourcing in a Global Economy. Review of Economic Studies. 72, 135-159.
9. Guilding, C., (1999). Competitor-focused accounting: an exploratory note. Accounting, Organizations and Society. 24, 583-595.
10. Heywood, J., (2001). The Outsourcing Dilemma: The Search for Competitiveness. Financial Times/ Prentice Hall.
11. Jiang, B., Belohlav, J., Young, T, (2007). Outsourcing impact on manufacturing firms’s value: evidence from Japan. Journal of Operation Management. 25, 885-900.
12. Jiang, B., Frazier, G., Prater, L., (2006). Outsourcing effects on firms’ operational performance an empirical study. International Journal of Operation & Production Management. 26 (12), 1280-1300.
13. Kotliarov, I. (2010) Decision-making about the use of outsourcing based on an assessment of its effect for the enterprise. Innovations. 9, 88-92.
14. Lamminmaki, D., (2008). Accounting and the management of outsourcing: An empirical study in the hotel industry. Management Accounting Research.19, 163-181.
15. Lamminmaki, D. (2011). An examination of factors motivating hotel outsourcing. International Journal of Hospitality Management. 30, 963- 973.
16. Larson, P., D., Kulchitsky, J., D., (1999). Logistics improvement programs the dynamics between people and performance. International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management. 29 (2), 88-102.
17. Marx, K. (1867). Capital, Volume I: The Process of Production of Capital. Progress Publishers, Moscow, USSR
18. Power, D., Sharafali, M., Bhakoo, V., (2006). Adding value through outsourcing contribution of 3PL services to customer performance. Management Research News. 30 (3), 228-235
19. Salimath, M., Cullen, J., Umesh, U., (2008). Outsourcing and performance in entrepreneurial firms: contingent relationships with entrepreneurial configurations. Decision Sciences. 39 (3), 359-381.
20. Sheremet A. Managerial accounting: case study. - Moscow: FBK-Press, 2000
21. Sorokina, N. Mechanism of the realization of outsourcing on performance enterprises: Syllabus of the Doctoral dissertation. - Orenburg: Orenburg State Universitry, 2008
22. Wernerfelt, B., (1984). A resource-based view of the firm. Strategic Management Journal. 5 (2), 62-73.
23. Williamson, E., (1981). The Economics of Organization: The Transaction Cost Approach. The American Journal of Sociology. 87(3), 548-577