The taxation of non - resident economic entities supposes the establishment of an administrative framework as fair, efficient, effective and comprehensible as possible, fact due to the multifaceted nature of the concept of profits generated by an enterprise and which depend on some items as: the foundation of incomes sources, the methods of valuation and collecting taxes, as well as different rules of establishment of some tax thresholds in different situations. Taking into account the legal doctrine, as well as jurisprudence, respectively the national and international tax practices, we can notice the fact that the profits of enterprises are founded, stricto sensu, on tax declarations made by companies. Therefore, we consider very important, in this way, the technical capability of tax administrations regarding the establishment, implementation and coordination of some good practice procedures. In this article, we have tackled the treatment regarding the taxation of non - resident economic entities in Romania. The first part of the paper represents a truth caveat in which is presented and analysed the international and European theoretical framework of legal and tax treatment of non - resident economic entities. The second part of the paper represents a quid pro quo of taxing of non - resident economic entities in Romania, in which are analyzed the taxing stipulations established on national level. The final part of the article is enriched with the presentation and analysis of a particular case regarding the taxation of non - resident economic entities in Romania. The conclusion resulted from this article highlights the fact that Romania had made important steps regarding ―the adjustment‖ of national tax legislation, as well as the permanent improving of tax administration framework in the field of non - resident economic entities taxation in Romania.
1. Arnold, B., Sasseville, J., Zolt, E., (2003), Summary of the Proceedings of an Invitational Seminar on the Taxation of Business Profits under Tax Treaties, Bulletin - Tax Monitor, May 2003, IBFD, pp. 187 - 207.
2. De Groot, I. (2015), Exemption Method in the Eu Parent - Subsidiary Directive Amended in Respect of Hybrid Instruments: What about the Credit Method? EC Tax Review, 2015 - 3, pp. 158 - 165.
3. Dumiter, F., Boiță, M., (2017a), Transfer Prices Implication upon Tax System. The Romanian Experience, Journal of legal Studies, Vol. 19, Issue 33/2017, pp. 1 - 17.
4. Dumiter, F., Jimon, Ș, (2017b), Double Taxation Conventions in Romania. Case: DSSs Râșnov vs. ANAF Brașov, Journal of Legal Studies, Vol. 20, Issue 34/2017, pp. 1 - 17.
5. Dumiter, F., Jimon, Ș. (2017c), Avoidance of International Double Taxation. Taxation of Business Profits in Romania, Tribuna Juridică, Vol. 7, No. 2, December 2017, pp. 237 -250.
6. Kahlenberg, C., Kopec, A., (2016), Hybrid Mismatch Arrangements - A Myth or a Problem that still exists? World Tax Journal, February 2016, pp. 37 - 78.
7. Reimer, E., Rust, A. (2015a), Klaus Vogel on Double Taxation Conventions - Fourth Edition - Volume I, Wolters Kluwer Law & Business.
8. Reimer, E., Rust A., (2015b), Klaus Vogel on Double Taxation Conventions - Fourth Edition - Volume II, Wolters Kluwer Law & Business.
9. Rust, A., (2011), Double Taxation within the European Union, International Tax Conferences of the University of Luxemburg, Wolters Kluwer Law & Business.
10. *** Legea nr. 571/2003 privind Codul fiscal, cu modificările si completările ulterioare, inclusiv Normele sale de aplicare;
11. *** O.G. Nr. 92/2003 privind Codul de procedura fiscalǎ, republicatǎ, cu modificǎrile şi completǎrile ulterioare, inclusiv Normele sale de aplicare;
12. *** Legea nr. 227/2015 privind Codul fiscal, cu modificările si completările ulterioare, inclusiv Normele sale de aplicare;
13. *** Legea nr. 207/2015 privind Codul de procedura fiscalǎ, cu modificǎrile şi completǎrile ulterioare;
14. *** Legea nr. 241/2005 pentru prevenirea şi combaterea evaziunii fiscale, cu modificările si completările ulterioare;
15. *** Ordinul nr. 222/2008 din 8 februarie 2008 privind conţinutul dosarului preturilor de transfer.
16. Order no. 2309/2017 of 1 August 2017 amending the Order of the President of the National Agency for Fiscal Administration no. 3.626 / 2016 establishing the list of reporting jurisdictions with which Romania will cooperate on the basis of the Multilateral Agreement of Competent Authorities for Automatic Exchange of Information on Financial Accounts, the List of Non-Ferrous Financial Institutions and the Excluded Accounts List, provided in the legal instruments of international law to which Romania has engaged in the automatic exchange of financial information, published in: Official Gazette no. 635 of 3 August 2017.