Adoption is chief among the measures of alternative protection that can be taken to protect a child in Romania. According to Law no. 273/2004 on adoption procedure, current forms under which adoption can be found are domestic adoption and international adoption.
In what follows we will highlight certain novelty elements and changes to the domestic adoption procedure brought by Law no. 57/2016.
1. Avram M., Drept civil. Familia, Editura Hamangiu, 2016
2. Bacaci Al., Dumitrache C. V., Hageanu C. C., Dreptul familiei, ediţia a 7-a, Editura C. H. Beck, Bucureşti, 2012
3. Baias Fl.-A., Chelaru E., Constantinovici R., Macovei I., Noul Cod civil. Comentariu pe articole. ediţia 1, revizuită, Editura C. H. Beck, Bucureşti, 2012
4. Creţ D. C., Ocrotirea minorilor în dreptul privat, Editura Cordial Lex, Cluj-Napoca, 2011
5. D.-C. Creţ, Stoicu N.-M., The national adoption procedure from the perspective of current regulations in the field, in Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, Vol. 5, No. 22 September 2014
6. Nicolae I., Dreptul familiei în context naţional şi în raporturile de drept internaţional privat, Editura Hamangiu, 2014
7. Stoica V., Natura juridică şi procedura specifică adopţiei, în Dreptul, nr. 2/1993
8. G. D. no. 579/2016 for approval of the Methodological Norms for the application of Law no. 273/2004, as republished in 2016, on the procedure of adoption, for the amendment and supplementation of Government Decision no. 233/2012 on the services and activities that can be conducted by Romanian private bodies as part of the domestic adoption procedure, as well as the methodology for authorisation thereof, and for the amendment of Government Decision no. 1.441/2004 on the authorisation of foreign private organizations to conduct activities in the area of international adoption published in “Official Gazette of Romania”, Part I, no. 623 of 12 August 2016
9. Law no. 57/2016 published in the “Official Gazette of Romania”, Part I, no. 283 of 14 April 2016
10. Law no. 273/2004 regarding adoption procedure republished in “Official Gazette of Romania”, Part I, no. 739 of 23 September 2016
11. Law no. 448/2006 on the protection and promotion of rights for disabled persons was approved with amendments by Law no. 266/2015, for other social security benefits