A mathematical model and a numerical approach for the computation of the specific energy consumption, which is needed for warming up of flat furniture elements before their lacquering, have been suggested. The approach is based on the integration of the solutions of a non-linear model for the calculation of the nonstationary 1D temperature distribution along the thickness of subjected to unilateral convective heating furniture elements. With the help of a self-prepared software program, computations have been carried out for the determination of the change in the specific energy, which is consumed by oak furniture elements with an initial temperature of 20 °C, moisture content of 8 %, thickness of 16 mm, and length of 0.6 m, 1.2 m, and 1.8 m, during their 10 min unilateral convective heating by hot air with temperature of 100 °C and velocity of 5 m·s−1.
1. Deliiski, N. Transient Heat Conduction in Capillary Porous Bodies. Convection and Conduction Heat Transfer. Rieka, Intech Publishing House, 149-176, 2011.
2. Deliiski, N. Modeling of the Energy Needed for Heating of Capillary Porous Bodies in Frozen and Non-frozen States. Saarbruecken, Scholars’ Press, Germany, 116, 2013.
3. Deliiski, N., L. Dzurenda, N. Trichkov, Z. Gochev, D. Angelski. Modelling of the Unilateral Convective Heating of Furniture Elements before their Lacquer Coating. – Acta Facultatis Xilologiae, TU – Zloven, 58, 2016, 2, 51-64.
4. Deliiski, N., R. Stanev, D. Angelski, N. Trichkov, Z. Gochev. Heat Transfer Coefficients during Unilateral Convective Heating of Wood Details before their Lacquering. – Engineering Sciences, BAS, LIII, 53, 2016, 3, 26-42.
5. Jaić, M., R. Živanović-Trbojević. Surface Processing of Wood – Theoretical Base and Technological Processes. Beograd, 2000 (in Serbian).
6. Hadjiski, M. Mathematical Models in Advanced Technological Control Systems. – Automatic & Informatics 37, 2003, 3, 7-12 (in Bulgarian).
7. Hadjiski, M., N. Deliiski. Cost Oriented Suboptimal Control of the Thermal Treatment of Wood Materials. IFACPapersOnLine, 48-24, 2015, 54-59. www.sciencedirect.com.
8. Hadjiski, M., N. Deliiski. Advanced Control of the Wood Thermal Treatment Processing. – Cybernetics and Information Technologies, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, 16, 2016, 2, 179-197.