ZigBee is a wireless technology, which provides low power consumption of devices in personal area network (WPAN) for low data rate applications that require long battery life and secure networking. ZigBee gives effective ways of supporting of QoS (Quality of Service), functionality and manageability, because ZigBee devices can transmit data over long distances (more than 100 meters) by passing data through a mesh network of intermediate devices to reach more distant ones. In this paper is proposed a simulation framework for ZigBee technology. It implements modified algorithm for the construction of a priority-based and energy-balanced WPAN network and visualize the method of transmission. The results of the conducted experiments are given.
1. Koubâa, Anis, Al-Imam Muhammad, Andre Cunha, Mario Alves. A Time Division Beacon Scheduling Mechanism for IEEE 802.15.4/ZigBee Cluster-Tree Wireless Sensor Networks. 2007, ECRTS’07, 125-135.
2. IEEE 802.15 WPAN™ Task Group 4b (TG4b), http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/15/pub/TG4b.html, June 2016.
3. Koubâa, Anis, Mario Alves, Melek Attia, Anneleen Van Nieuwenhuyse. Collision-Free Beacon Scheduling Mechanisms for IEEE 802.15.4/ZigBee Cluster-Tree Wireless Sensor Networks. http://www.open-zb.net/publications/ASWN2007.pdf, last available 2016.
4. Wang, Jun, Min Chen, Victor C. M. Leung. Forming Priority Based and Energy Balanced ZigBee Networks—a Pricing Approach. Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2011, Published online: 14 September 2011.
5. IEEE 802.15.4/ZigBee OPNET Simulation Model. http://www.open-zb.net/wpan_simulator.php, November 2009.
6. Riverbed modeler. http://www.riverbed.com/gb/products/steelcentral/steelcentral-riverbed-modeler.html, June 2016.
7. Benakila, Mohammed. I., George Laurent, Smain Femmam. A Beacon Cluster-Tree Construction Approach For ZigBee/IEEE802.15.4 Networks. UBICOMM 2010: The Fourth International Conference on Mobile Ubiquitous Computing, Systems, Services and Technologies.