The data of 35 246 patients with intestinal diseases were retrospectively analyzed, 28 cases of cholera patients were screened in 17 years, of which 23 cases had suspicious unclean food history, 10 cases were migrant workers, 8 cases had history of coastal city tour in one week. All of the 28 patients were positive for Vibrio cholerae culture, 19 cases were identified as O1 serotype Ogawa and 6 were identified as O1 serotype Inaba, 3 were identified as O139. Twenty-three patients were mild, five cases were moderate, patients with severe diseases were not found. It was found in this study that O1 serotype Vibrio cholerae was still dominant, 82% of cholera patients were mild cases. Tourists who had a incompletely heated seafood intake history and migrant people are susceptible to cholera.
3. Harris JB, LaRocque RC, Qadri F, Ryan ET, Calderwood SB. Cholera. Lancet 2012;379(9835):2466-2476.
4. Jiang LJ, Wang R, Qiao Y, Wang BR. O1 group O139 and non-O1 Vibrio cholerae virulence comparative study. Adv Microbial Immunol 1995; 23:1-11.
5. Duan YQ, Yang B, Cui JD, Chen ZL, Bi ZQ. Pathogenicity of Vibrio cholerae O1 group and O139 comparative study. Zhongguo Wei Sheng Jian Yan Za Zhi(Chin) 2005;15(7):835-836.
6. Mercogliano F, Vitullo M, Tamburro M, Sammarco ML, Grasso GM, Luzzi I, et al. [Vibrio spp. infections of clinical significance and implication for public health]. Annali di igiene: medicina preventiva e di comunita 2012;24:85-102.
7. Singh DV, Mohapatra H. Application of DNA-based methods in typing Vibrio cholerae strains. Future Microbiol 2008; 3(1):87-96.
8. Cho MS, Ahn TY, Joh K, Paik SY, Kwon OS, Jheong WH, et al. A novel marker for the species-specific detection and quantitation of Vibrio cholerae by targeting an outer membrane lipoprotein lolB gene. J Microbiol Biotechnol 2013;23:555-559.
9. Lopez AL, Clemens JD, Deen J, Jodar L. Cholera vaccines for the developing world. Hum Vaccine 2008;4:165-169.