The comparative studies of the tarsal joint capsule of cattle (Bos taurus) and canines (Canis lupus) have clarified general patterns of the structural organization of a joint capsule and the species-specific features of its angioarchitectonics. The differences in the formation of the fibroelastic layer and the location of vascular fields in the cases of animals with different stances were established. The zones of intensive intraorganic vascularization of the joint capsule were revealed; that being—the plantar and dorsal surface in the case of cattle, the lateral and medial surfaces—in case of the canine.
1. Aeffner, F., Weeren, R., Morrison, S., et al., 2012: Syno-vial osteochondromatosis with malignant transformation to chondrosarcoma in a dog. Vet. Pathol., 49, 1036—1039.
2. Burow, E., Thomsen, P. T., Rousing, T., Sinrensen, J. T., 2013: Daily grazing time as a risk factor for alterations at the hock joint integument in dairy cows. Animal, 7, 160—166.
3. Freire, M., Meuten, D., Lascelles, D., 2014: Pathology of articular cartilage and synovial membrane from elbow joints with and without degenerative joint disease in domestic cats. Veterinary Pathology, 51, 968—978.
4. Greenough, P. R., Weaver, A. D., 1997:Lameness in Cattle. 3rd edn., Toronto, WB Saunders, 109—111.
5. Gregersen, C. S., Silverton, N. A., Carrier, D. R., 1989: External work and potential for elastic storage at the limb joints of running dogs. J. Exp. Biol., 201, 3197—3210.
6. Gregory, S. P., Pearson, G. R., 1990: Synovial osteochondromatosis in a Labrador retriever bitch. J. Small Anim. Pract., 31, 580—583.
7. Joo-ho, K., Su-Young, H., Hae-Beom, L., 2017: Arthroscopic detection of medial meniscal injury with the use of a joint dis-tractor in small-breed dogs. J. Vet. Sci., 18, 515—520.
8. Komarova, E. B., 2014: Influence of ramipril on arthroscopic and morphological indicators of synovial membrane in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Ukrainian Morphological Almanac, 12, 4—9.
9. Lanovaz, J. L., Khumsap, S., Clayton, H. M., Stick, J. A., Brown J., 2002: Three-dimensional kinematics of the tarsal joint at the trot. Equine Vet. J., 34, 308—313.
10. Lascelles, B. D., Henry, J. B., Brown, J., Robertson, I., Sumrell, A. T., Simpson, N., et al., 2010: Cross-sectional study of the prevalence of radiographic degenerative joint disease in domesticated cats. Vet. Surg., 39, 535—544.
11. Lorke, M., Willen, M., Lucas, K., Beyerbach, M., Wefstaedt, Patrick, E., et al., 2017: Comparative kinematic gait analysis in young and old Beagle dogs. J. Vet. Sci., 18, 521—530.
12. Marsolais, G. S., McLean, S., Derrick, T., Conzemius, M. G., 2003: Kinematic analysis of the hind limb during swimming and walking in healthy dogs and dogs with surgically corrected cranial cruciate ligament rupture. JAVMA, 222, 739—743.
13. Nadine, K. A., 2011: Histological evaluation of the infringement of the blood circulation of the connective tissue in chronic inflammation in cows. Bulletin of the Bila Tserkva State Agrarian University, 4, 113—115.
14. Nganvongpanit, K., Boonsri, B., Sripratak, T., Markmee, P., 2013: Effects of one-time and two-time intra-articular injection of hyaluronic acid sodium salt after joint surgery in dogs. J. Vet. Sci., 14, 215—222.
15. Olsson, S. E., 1987: General and aetiologic factors in dog osteochondrosis. Veterinary Quarterly, 9, 268—278.
16. Pavlova, V. N., 1980: Synovial Environment of Joints. Medicine, Moscow, 294 pp.
17. Rezk, H., Shaker, N., 2014: Morphometric overview on the vascularization in the Egyptian domestic cat (Felis catus) hind paw. J. Vet. Anat., 7, 87—99.
18. Scott, D. L., Salmon, M., Morris C. J., Wainwright, A. C., Walton, K. W., 1984: Leminin and vascular proliferation in rheumatoid arthritis. Ann. Rheum. Dis., 43, 551–555.
19. Stupina, T. A., Shchudloi, N. A., 2014: Structural reorganization of the main components of the joint in the experimental modeling of osteoarthrosis with reduced blood supply. Morphology, 5, 62—66.
20. Voloshin, M. A., Fedotchenko, A. V., Shcherbakov, M. S., Chugin, S. V., 2012: Morphofunctional state of the subsyno-vial basis of the joint capsule during the postnatal period in normal and in the formation of non-differentiated connective tissue dysplasia. Taurus Medical-Biological Bulletin, 15, 68—71.
21. Walsh, D. A., 1999: Angiogenesis and arthritis. Rheumatology, 38, 103—112.