Speech therapy can be viewed as a business in logopaedic area that aims to offer services for correcting language. A proper treatment of speech impairments ensures improved efficiency of therapy, so, in order to do that, a therapist must continuously learn how to adjust its therapy methods to patient's characteristics. Using Information and Communication Technology in this area allowed collecting a lot of data regarding various aspects of treatment. These data can be used for a data mining process in order to find useful and usable patterns and models which help therapists to improve its specific education. Clustering, classification or association rules can provide unexpected information which help to complete therapist's knowledge and to adapt the therapy to patient's needs.
1. Castellani, J., Jeffs, T., Emerging reading and writing strategies using technology, Teaching Exceptional Children, 33(5), 60-67, 2007
2. BA Lewis, LA Freebairn, AJ Hansen, CM Stein, LD Shriberg, SK Iyengar, H Gerry Taylor -Dimensions of early speech sound disorders: A factor analytic study, Journal of communication disorders, Vol. 39, No. 2. (r 2006), pp. 139-157
3. A.G. Di Nuovo, V. Catania, S. Di Nuovo, S. Buono-Psychology with soft computing: An integrated approach and its applications. Applied Soft Computing, Volume 8, Issue 1, January 2008, p. 829-837
4. Danubianu M., Pentiuc St. Gh., Socaciu T., Towards the Optimized Personalized Therapy of Speech Disorders by Data Mining Techniques, The Fourth International Multi Conference on Computing in the Global Information Technology ICCGI 2009, Vol: CD, 23-29 August, Cannes, France, p. 20-25, doi: 10.1109/ICCGI.2009.112009
5. Fayyad, U., Piatetsky-Shapiro, G., and Smyth, P. (1996)The KDD process pentru extracting useful knowledge from volumes of data. Communications of the ACM, 39(11):, pag.27-34, 1996
6. Wirth, R. and Hipp, J. CRISP-DM: Towards a standard process model for data mining. In Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on the Practical Applications of Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, pages 29-39, Manchester, UK., 2000
7. M. Danubianu, T. Socaciu Does Data Mining Techniques Optimize the Personalized Therapy of Speech Disorders? Journal of Applied Computer Science and Mathematics, ISSN: 1843-1046, 2009, pag 15-19